Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:59:28 PM
714379 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Fools These Mortals Be! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What Fools These Mortals Be!  (Read 5240 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2002, 05:09:55 AM »

Titus was a mindboggler. Style some times overcame substance, but haveing Hannibal as the lead seemed appropo.
....Great titles, guys!.
...."To be...or not to be.."  The verbal equivilant of Duh,duh,duh,duhhhhhh! (Mike N.)

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2002, 11:50:23 AM »

I've been studying Leer and do not recall the disembowlings.  That's not to say they're not there - I might have past them up or a fuse in my brain sparked at that particular junction.

Still, it's tamer than Titus .  Better, too.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2002, 11:53:13 AM »

Squishy wrote:
>
> I'll break topic for a sec

Don't work about breaking topic.  This topic is about a broke as it can get.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Cullen - Whose envious because he can't think of his own mock "Slasher Shakespheare"

Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2002, 11:54:35 AM »

"Much Ado About Aunty Roo!"  A ha!  I knew I could do it!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Cullen - Who has spent FAR too much time thinking up this title.

Akira Tubo
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2002, 01:47:52 PM »

I stopped reading when I saw a planned PG-13 rating for the DOOM movie.
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2002, 02:14:43 PM »

J.R. wrote:
>
> I remeber being in a bookstore about five years ago and
> seeing a paperback aimed at teenagers based on the Halloween
> series about a couple kids that break into the Myers house.
> Seemed a bad idea then and it still does.

I thumbed through one of those books once.  It had passages like this:

"Michael Myers stepped into the hall way.  Jessie struggled with the door knob, trying to escape Michael Myers.  It was locked!  Michael Myers stalked down the hall."

Bad, bad, bad.  For novice writers:  Do not write out a character's full name whenever you mention him/her.  It's bad form

Ver bad form.

Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2002, 03:15:46 PM »

Unless you need to sssssstreeeeeeeetch it out to fit the minimum number of wordage.

Michael Myers stepped through the open door.  Michael Myers looked over the darkened room.  Dark save for the light atop the desk the hack writer worked at.  Michael Myers saw the hack writer.  Michael Myers stalked up behind the hack writer.  Micheal Myers STABBED the hack writer!  IT'S ME!!!! ARGH!!! AH!!! AAArrrrggghhlhf.....................................................

FYI...there was a series a YA Friday the 13th/Camp Crystal Lake novels as well.  There are also some spun off from The Blair Witch Project, too.  Maybe they should do The Omen?  Wait, Left Behind.  Been done.  Dang.

Wasn't there a series of Freddy books, too?  Great idea that...kiddie books about the murderous ghost of a dead child molester.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
raj
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2002, 04:05:55 PM »

Chadzilla wrote:

>
> Wasn't there a series of Freddy books, too?  Great idea
> that...kiddie books about the murderous ghost of a dead child
> molester.
>
Make them coloring books.  They'll need to come with their own red crayons.
Squishy
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2002, 04:36:41 PM »

There was actually a paperback (what else?) novelization of "Friday the 13th Part IV: Jason Lives." I flipped through a few pages in awestruck amazement. A lot of it was told from Jason's point of view, as he resisted the "inner demons" that wouldn't let him rest in peace. (Rolls eyes, farts)

Long ago, Marvel Comics produced a line of black-and-white comic magazines, all of which were disasters. This was where "Howard The Duck," under a new writer, first slept with his human companion Beverly, complete with a VERY gratuitous breast shot (Excelsior!); one story in their "Dracula" rag involved Drac feeling up a naked little girl. (uh...Excelsior?) Anyway, Marvel's "Nightmare On Elm Street" series didn't last very long: the backlash was so great, even greater than the two prior examples generated. I never read it, but the story in the second (and final) issue that apparently set everyone off involved Freddy coming to the aid of a suicidal teenage girl, struggling to convince her that life was worth living...just so he could enjoy murdering her all the more. Ha ha ha, funny! (...Ecks.)

I hope the masterminds behind those rags are all alive and well and sobbing as they eat out of dumpsters. Bunch of creeps.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2002, 06:05:03 PM »

Well, uh, you know, I, uh...hell with it.  I BOUGHT THE FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VI: JASON LIVES NOVELIZATION and I READ IT!  It was written by one Simon Hack, oh, I me Hawke, Simon Hawke.  Evidently my purchase of the book (which was terrible BTW, in my opine) spurred Signet into attempting the novelizations of ALL of the Friday movies to date (i.e. 1986).  Hawke churned out novelizations of Friday the 13th Parts 1 and 2 within months/weeks/days (???) and then sanity, or an impasse, prevailed - probably poor sales.  Duh.  Read the other two (I DO frequent this board, what did you expect?), they were slightly better.  On the first Friday he even attempted to write in backstory on some characters, not that that makes the books worth seeking out.  I was hoping that the Friday the 13th Part 2 novelization would feature something like the original ending, but no it did not.  So it goes.

In 1982 Michael Avallone wrote a novelization of Friday the 13th Part 3 in 3-D (the movie was - not the book) which was passable (in that if you see it on the used bookstore shelves you should pass it).  Avallone also wrote a novelization for The Cannonball Run, which was everybit as fun and entertaining as the movie itself.

BTW Squishy, the Freddy talking a girl out of suicide to kill her yarn sounds gruesomely cool in an E.C. horror comics kind of way.  Then again if it were in a horror novel/graphic book for adults it would be.  Kids, well that's a different story all together.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
J.R.
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2002, 04:04:30 AM »

<< Freddy coming to the aid of a suicidal teenage girl, struggling to convince her that life was worth living...just so he could enjoy murdering her all the more. >>

That sounds great. Damn, the 80's were cool. Remeber when slasher villains were big pop culture icons? Fuzzy memories flooding back...
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Fools These Mortals Be! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.