Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:16:16 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Attack of the Supermonsters « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Attack of the Supermonsters  (Read 2102 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: September 26, 2002, 11:55:20 PM »

I put this in last night, because I have been toying around with the idea of a review.  Katie found it hysterical!  She was giggling and laughing so hard that she cried.  The movie is definitely all over the place and keeping up with it for the first 15 minutes can be a dizzying experience.  I just do not know if it is a true gut buster.

In general, this "film" appears to be several episodes of a Japanese kids' show cobbled together.  The supermonsters are dinosaurs, who now live beneath the ground, are giant, shoot fire, and can control the minds of lower creatures.  The Gemini Force is tasked with defending mankind and two of the force can transform themselves and their armored train (it runs on tank tracks) into Gemini, hermaphrodite saviour of mankind.

The selling points?  First off, the dinosaurs are led by Lord Tyrannus.  The suit for which looks worse than the one in The Last Dinosaur.  All of the dinosaurs are of similar quality.  Second, humans (and animals, like dogs) are animated!  The "seamless integration" of live action suitmation and animation is largely to blame for my wife's laughter fits.

I could go on, but think that a review is finally decided upon.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Squishy
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2002, 12:10:37 AM »

By strange coincidence, I happened to read about this very film in a very old copy of "Oriental Cinema" I was hucking in the bin the other day. The little B/W picture that accompanied the review showed "The Last Dinosaur"'s soft-headed titular rubber suit, being attacked by some variation of "Atragon" covered with sharp blade-like projections. Yikes! Yes, please do a review!

(According to the article, it's all stapled together from a show called "Aizenborg." I can find a buttload of online references to "Aizenborg" and "Attack," but nota single pic, save for a picture of the "Aizenborg" superhero action figure. There's also an online review of "Attack" from a site obviously "inspired" by BadMovies.org...)
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2002, 02:21:03 AM »

This is my movie.  The movie that was made for me.  He he he.

Um, I mean, sounds interesting
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-
Cullen, who isn't really crazy in real life.

Or so the voices tell him...

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Flangepart

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2002, 04:55:10 AM »

Oh, yeah....
....( Begins hypnotic chant) You will review this film...you will review this film!....(Chant over)
....Hoo Hoo! This thing is a boatload of weird!
....Watching this drunk could only inhance the experiance, but beware of possable side effects: Uncontroled giggling at any other cartoon seen within an undetermined period...An unhealthy facination with inflatable rubber reptiles....quoting diologue at inappropriate moments ( Wepons instruction, boreing busness meetings, sex..) and, of corse, the desire to edit other cartoons into various and sundry Kaiju epics. My personal favorite of this would be Disneys "Alice in wonderland" with "Gamera Vs. Iris"
....Watch at your own peril.........

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Foywonder
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2002, 10:12:56 AM »

Ironically, I also have been mulling over doing a review of this film for my column at the NOWFF site. Just the way the film constantly cuts to Lord Tyrannus at random for a split second so his echoing, General Patton-like voice can yell "Attack!, Kill!, Destroy!" or whatever with no context whatsoever makes this one a real gem. And for the record, the show its all taken from is called IZENBORG.

By the way, if you think that's bad, then you clearly haven't seen RETURN OF THE DINOSAURS which is essentially the same thing (episodes of a Japanese TV series edited together, animation for the humans, miniatures) but with one difference...the dinosaurs are all either stop motion animation or, mostly, toy figures. In fact, the human vehicles all look like something from Fisher Price. Imagine SUPER MONSTERS without the suitmation and the cities replaced by pre-school level special effects. Stuff on Mister Roger's Neighborhood have better effects! You need to hunt down a copy and experience it for yourself.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2002, 08:30:24 PM »

Okay, I will try to get to work on a review in the next few days.  It seems like a fun project anyway.

There seem to be three films in this weird group.  "Attack of the Supermonsters," "Return of the Dinosaurs," and "Legend of the Dinosaurs."  The only one I have yet to see is "Return," but the darn thing has been within my grasp two or three times.  Fate just keeps getting in my way.  I will catch up with it sooner or later.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Akira Tubo
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2002, 12:04:23 AM »

Ah, Andrew, I need to get around to sending you my review of it.  You may remember my email regarding it.
Squishy
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2002, 03:01:04 AM »

Maybe more than one movie of this title, but "Legend of the Dinosaurs" is a regular way-below-average live-action cheesy monsta-movie...a "Dinosaurus!"-style mess about a reanimated pterodactyl and pleiosaurus (spelling? feck it) who squabble over the local two-legged cuisine in a village in Japan... The IMDB has no mention of another movie of that title...
Foywonder
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2002, 04:48:06 AM »

That is LEGEND OF DINOSAURS....and it is A-W-F-U-L!!!!

MST3K actually did it back in their KTMA days.
Flangepart

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2002, 01:26:09 PM »

And i have a dvd of that fact, Foywonder!
....Got it from mst3ktapes.com It doeth be a hoot! nice to see the early days of the show, as they were working out the bugs.Yee,hee hee! Hey...gotta get some more hard to find mst....to work!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Attack of the Supermonsters « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.