Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:48:12 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  New Movie Coming: Aeon Flux « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Movie Coming: Aeon Flux  (Read 2037 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: March 10, 2004, 05:35:26 PM »

Just thought I'd let you all know that Charlize Theron has definitely signed on to star as the female lead in Aeon Flux.
She's reportedly getting a cool 10 million for the role!
On the IMDB message board someone mentioned Carrie Ann Moss (she played Trinity in The Matrix) in the lead role...I think she'd be great in it as well but looks like Charlize beat her to it.

I loved that cartoon when it was on Liquid Television.  
That was way back in the days when MTV was actually cool and not the teeny bopper pit of shame that it is now.

Here's a great link for tons of info on the cartoon:  

http://www.sadgeezer.com/html/Sections+index-req-viewarticle-artid-40-page-1.html

If I'm not mistaken, Karen Kusama is directing and they're shooting it down in Brazil.
Here's the synopsis for the film:

"Aeon Flux is set 400 years in the future in a world where humans have nearly been wiped out by a virus, with the remains of mankind living in a city encased in a protective bubble. The title character, an acrobatic superheroine, is assigned to kill the government leader."

Now if I remember correctly, didn't the guy kill her in the cartoon?
Didn't he run her through with a sword?
I forget....it's been literally 10 years since I saw it.

What do you think?
Did you used to watch the old cartoon and will you go to see this when it's released?

Post Edited (03-10-04 16:57)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 06:39:22 PM »

Dude, I had read last week that Theron was up for the role.  I too loved Liquid TV, way back when MTV was great.  Glad to see that she is acting in the film; can't wait to see it released.  Wonder what kind of opening it will recieve?  Does anyone other than us geeks really remember the show?

Time will tell.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Daniel Johnson
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 11:10:12 PM »

Yes, yes, yes! I remember this show very well and almost purchased a copy of the DVD, but right when I decided to it ran out of print, I can still probably get one off ebay, but I grow weary of that effort. Yes Trevor Fairchild (I think that's his last name can't remember) did kill the lead in the cartoon, but she died in every episode, but was replaced each time with clones of herself, great show.
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 01:21:37 AM »

Aeonm Flux, ewwww

Charlize Theron, EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Neon Noodle
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 06:36:28 AM »

Yep, I remember Aeon Flux too. Liquid TV did rock, back in the day, back before dirt was invented....

In the night, the skull came to his dreams and said, 'You are a fool to rejoice in the entanglements of life.'
Chuang Tzu couldn`t believe this and asked, 'If I could return you to your life, you would want that, wouldn`t you?'
Stunned by Chuang Tzu`s foolishness, the skull replied, 'How do you know that it is bad to be dead?'

-From The Matrix: The Path of Neo
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2004, 07:18:41 AM »

I think the in-joke about Aeon Flux was that she did, indeed, die in each episode yet was back for the next.  I loved it!!

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
THEtinyTIN
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2004, 09:43:18 PM »

This flick's gonna bite. They should use unknowns so it can become a huge underground cult classic. Now there is no hope for that when an oscar winner is in the lead role.
dean
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2004, 08:42:51 AM »

I agree, Theron would suck as Aeon Flux.  Get an unknown and keep it cult.

Damn, now i feel like cabbage
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2004, 11:51:09 AM »

A live action version of the cartoon?  I used to have high hopes for remakes, until I saw about thirty of them.  If they had the creativity to make a good film, they wouldn't be copying someone else's.  A big name actress almost guarantees suckiness.  People watch Aeon Flux and there's something that draws them to it.  Whatever "it" is, Hollywood will miss the point entirely - even going out of their way to screw it up - and give us their tried-and-true money making method with a few Flux elements superimposed on top in the most trite way.  Just imagine the worst possible way of ruining a good show, and that's what Hollywood will do with it.
THEtinyTIN
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2004, 05:21:43 PM »

Yeah, like watching Super Mario Bros. on Ice.
Yaddo42
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2004, 05:32:38 PM »

I loved the original "serial" story when it was on Liquid TV years ago. Told a great tale with no dialogue. I even liked the next version, still silent, but where she died each time and the episodes were mostly self-contained. I hated the regular series with dialogue, the plots were stupid and the people responsible seemed to think a little style, even less action, and hints at kinky sex could make up for poor writing.

I'd like to see a movie if they did it like the first version, no dialogue and a strong story. But that seems unlikely, so I'm not looking forward to a live action version.
rich andrini
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2004, 05:51:35 PM »

man i loved aeon flux i have all three tapes (yes tapes) that were put out. does any one if peter chung is involed in it i mean hes the guy who created it so if got  input it might not be all tht bad
-=NiGHTS=-
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2004, 02:19:12 PM »

Peter Chung makes me want to cry sometimes.

Did anyone see 'Matriculated'?
grimsnipe
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2004, 07:53:19 PM »

> Now if I remember correctly, didn't the guy kill her in the
> cartoon?
> Didn't he run her through with a sword?
> I forget....it's been literally 10 years since I saw it.

HEhe.. I'm going to show my Geekness here... yes, I DO remember this show, even have two VHS tapes of it I watched recently (bought them about three years ago at a bit pawn shop.)

Can't recall the sword part, but yes, Aeon did die several times in the first two seasons.  

Okay, this gets confusing, so hold on...

Season one, which we saw on Liquid Televsion, had Aeon attempting to kill some governor or other while a plague was ravaging the world she lived.  I DON"T think Trevor was the guy she was trying to kill in those eps, but Trevor did appear in the early eps.  (He had this habit intentionally letting the virus carring bugs into a wound in his hand so he could extract the bug and spread the gunk onto creackers.  EWWWW!!!)

Anyway, the first season ends wiht Aeon (who unknowningly earlier stepped on a nail and has it protruding partly through her shoe), stands up on a balcony, the nail goes through, she screams falls and dies.  They then cut to some guy staring at a screen of with several pictures of Aeon Flux, one of them flashing red.  The guy sighs, presses a button and the backpack the dead Aeon's wearing explodes.  He then presses another Aeon picture and that Aeon is apparently "born".

Season two was also on Liquid TV, short eps in which Aeon always died in the end.  I read an interview with the shows creator and he said he didn't really mean to imply there were several clones or robots of Aeon, but that he dying at the end of each ep was for dramatic purposes or something (I can't recall the exact details been too long since I read the interview.)

Season three was  when Aeon Flux turned into a full half hour show and for the first time the characters actually talked.  Trevor and Aeon  were the only two reoccuring characters .  Like the previous seasons, the third season had several surreal elements and stories with often thick with (sometimes confusing) symbolism.

(And yes, I really do wish sometimes I had more of a life.)

Hope this  was informative.  BTW, the link is great, check it out!

> What do you think?
> Did you used to watch the old cartoon and will you go to see
> this when it's released?

I don't kow.. I wonder how much of the original show will come through in the movie.  IWill it be more violence and action laden like the first season, surreal and symbolic like the third, or a bit of both?  If what you say about Theron getting 10 mill for the part is true, sounds like it'll be a big budget picture, which in Hollywood usually means the bigger the budget the more "dumbed down" the plot will be.  I'll have to wait for the trailer to decided.  

Hope for the best though.

-grim
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2004, 12:04:48 AM »

will gladly pass on seeing this pile of hollywood waste

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  New Movie Coming: Aeon Flux « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.