Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:03:47 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  'Head' starring the Monkees « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 'Head' starring the Monkees  (Read 6044 times)
Luke Bannon
New Visitor

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2002, 01:14:13 PM »

Hmmm, sounds pretty impressive really. I might watch it again but I can't find it.

THIS I COMMAND!
Abby
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2002, 05:14:16 PM »

Luke: it's available at Amazon.

HEAD ON DVD AT AMAZON

Oh, and BoyScoutKevin, I forgot to say, Head actually was rated G believe it or not, but a good chunk of the theatres that opted to show it were mortified by the content and changed the rating themselves ... not an uncommon practice at that point.

"Well, let me tell you one thing son: nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor."
chopper
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2002, 05:00:28 PM »

check out some real documentaries like "Hearts and Minds," or "Roger and Me," "Mr. Death." the monkees stink like CACA!
Abby
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2002, 10:37:51 PM »

Head isn't a documentary. AT ALL. It's not even a linear story. It's a fantasy. You have no idea what you're talking about.

But if you think "Roger and Me" is a REAL documentary, think again. I like it, but it's not a real documentary.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2002, 02:23:09 PM »

I hope those scenes have been included on the Rhino DVD, being the funniest scenes in the film. It is just that they were deleted, when the film was shown on television.
That it was rated G is probably why my parents let me see it. That and the fact that the theater where I saw it, didn't put its own "Restricted" rating on it. Enjoy!
Abby
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2002, 09:04:56 PM »

Those scenes are on the Rhino DVD. And those scenes were included in all versions aired on cable TV.
mark chopper
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2002, 05:29:34 PM »

you really are obsessed witht his film aren't you? so why do you think Roger and Me isn't a documentary?
Abby
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2002, 06:58:04 AM »

Ha ha -- oh if you think I'm obsessed with 'Head,' you should see how I approach a flick like, say, 'Abby.' :)

Some of the most emotive, compelling footage in Roger and Me didn't occur while Moore filmed the plant shutdowns. It was file footage he gleaned from friends. He "created" a timeline of events that didn't exist.The questionable events occurred years (and I mean like, eight years) before the timeline of the movie. Ronald Reagan's visitation (he wasn't even president yet), the 'Me and My Buddy" auto plant amusement park; the hotel construction; those musicals. That's off the top of my head. But that's why many people look like cold-hearted jerks -- the worst hadn't happened in Flint yet when they were interviewed.

Moore admitted to dirty, deceptive editing when confronted, and basically said that if the "big guys" can be manipulative, so can he. I strongly disagree. That's like saying, "If the big guys can have no credibility, so can he." I saw Roger and Me when it came out and thought it was magnificent. When I learned that at least a third of it (its most effective third) was misleading, that really changed my outlook on Moore forever. And that means Roger and Me is propaganda; not a documentary.

I think when pressed Moore calls it a "documentary-style film" now to save his chubby butt.

A REAL documentary on the same subject made at the same time that's far better is called American Dream; about the strikes at the Hormel Meat Packing plants in the late 80's. No humor there, but a very disturbing, compelling viewing experience. It might seem boring at first but it quickly becomes a horror movie that makes you want to kick in your TV screen. And it's far more honest than Moore has EVER been with his own work.
Babydoll
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2002, 10:45:30 AM »

"Not only did it star Jack Nicholson, he also wrote and produced it."

Jack Nicholson enough said!
mark chopper
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2002, 01:09:52 PM »

Abby, i agree with you on American Dream, that is an EXCELLENT documentary on the abuses of the working class in an industrial society. "Harlan County U.S.A." (I think that's the title) is another great documentary on this subject matter. I've never heard anything about Moore and that whole manipulation thing. But you have to think, if a corporation ruined your home and community wouldn't you be a little p**sed at it? But I do want to look into this Moore business a little further, does he mention this in any of the books he has written? Do you plan on seeing "Bowling for Columbine?" (Moore's new documentary). on a final note i thought the Big One was real good.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  'Head' starring the Monkees « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.