Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:01:59 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Post-Apocalpyse « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Post-Apocalpyse  (Read 9833 times)
Susan
« on: October 01, 2002, 09:12:26 PM »

Hey, I'm on a hunt to make a list of post-apocalyptic films. Ideally with a sci-fi theme but stuff like "Mad max"  will do. (IOW: not really looking for stuff like "The day after")

I have:
Night of the Comet
Planet of the Apes
The Omega Man
The Matrix

I just started it so I haven't had time to think. I don't want movies with apocalyptic titles that don't deliver (ie: Armageddon, yet the world IS saved) Anything with zombies, creatures, machines, or really post future is great. I"m sure there has to be more than that. NO Kevin costner movies please. ;-) thanks

Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2002, 09:27:32 PM »

"After the Fall of New York" -- A hilarious movie that "borrows" HEAVILY from "Escape from New York."  I'm submitting a reader review on it after I come up with a couple more lessons learned.

Maybe someone can help me with this:  After "The Day After" came out, the Brits put together something similar called "Threads" that was so realistic critics said it was comparable to "All's Quiet on the Western Front" while "Day After" was the "Hogan's Heroes" of nuclear war movies.  Then there was a Soviet version that was played on public television in the US.  It focused on a guy I think in Kiev who worked in a hospital on the day of the war and then holed himself up in - I think - a library or archive or something (memory is foggy here).   It was English-subtitled and VERY VERY good.  It was also surprisingly non-political for a Soviet-era film.
Does anyone have the name of this movie?  I'd really like to see it again.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2002, 09:40:06 PM »

How about STRYKER?  A post-apocalyptic movie that was so good it didn't even need a reason for the apocalypse.

Then there's RADIOACTIVE DREAMS.  I believe Andrew has a review on this page.

All the MAD MAX movies, but you already knew that.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2002, 09:55:07 PM »

Wizards .  That's a good one.  A bit draggy here and there, but hilarious in places.

Andrew's got a review here.  In fact, you might want to go through the entire Bad Movie list.  There's probably a lot more there.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Nobody
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2002, 11:04:47 PM »

Fist of the North Star(Stay away from the live action versions)
 Warrior of the Wasteland
 2020 Texas Gladiators
 Warrior of the Lost World(Possibly the best movie ever made in the history of film starring your new god, Robert Ginty)
jmc
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2002, 01:37:47 AM »

DAMNATION ALLEY, with George Peppard and giant cockroaches.
A BOY AND HIS DOG

haven't heard of that Soviet post-nuclear flick, but it sounds interesting.  There was a UK made-for-TV one called THE WAR GAME that is supposed to be pretty disturbing too.
Neville
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2002, 04:48:02 AM »

Add this ones to your list:

1) Cyborg (Yep, the Jean Claude Van-Damme one)

2) Screamers (starring Peter Weller, not the one reviewed in this site)

3) Tank Girl
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2002, 12:05:53 PM »

jmc wrote:
>
> DAMNATION ALLEY, with George Peppard and giant cockroaches.

They're KILLER cockroaches, not giant--the scorpions are giant.  A real stinker that one--cool all terrain vehicles though.

A few more:

CHERRY 2000
SURVIVOR
WATERWORLD
DEF CON IV
THE POSTMAN
AMERICA 3000
HELL COMES TO FROGTOWN
DELICATESSEN (a personal favorite)
THE DAY THE WORLD ENDED
HARDWARE

There area  million of 'em.
Redjack
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2002, 12:14:34 PM »

Don't forget

The Last Man On Earth (Vincent Price...) this was later remade into The Omega Man
Susan
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2002, 12:57:07 PM »

Some good ones, and some i've never seen before..thanks. I don't know why but only really cheesy 80's ones come to mind. Like "Solarbabies". There was also some other Australian one I remember about some young guy who realized he was the last guy on earth or something..well he did find a few others I think. I don't remember much about it as I saw it probably 10 years ago or something but I have a feeling I might have liked it...or it was one of those films with a letdown at the end or soemthing.

A boy and his dog starring don johnson..hmm..was he a boy in that movie? ;-)

I guess i could include "The time machine" since part of it involved a post apocalyptic world with mutant cannibals underground that fed off the dumb humans above like cattle. Funny tho, I'm suprised there haven't been more in recent years but I guess the theme with modern apocalyptic movies is to actually SAVE the world. sigh

Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2002, 01:04:17 PM »

Susan wrote:
>
> There was also some other Australian one
> I remember about some young guy who realized he was the last
> guy on earth or something..well he did find a few others I
> think.

You're thinking of THE QUIET EARTH.  It's from NZ rather than Austrailia.  Great movie.

Another one that comes to mind is Wim Wender's apocalyptic road movie UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD.
John
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2002, 08:30:38 PM »

>There was a UK made-for-TV one called THE WAR GAME that is supposed to >be pretty disturbing too.

Check out Testament, a US made for TV movie. No flashy special effects, just a town exposed to radiation. Very realistic and haunting.
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2002, 08:56:39 PM »

Truly an awful awful awful HORRIBLE movie.  At the end, the hero and his girl get away from a nuclear blast on a SAILBOAT.

Dano
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2002, 09:22:59 PM »

At the end, the hero and his girl get away from a nuclear blast on a SAILBOAT.

In "Interceptor Force", the good guy escapes from a nuclear explosion by jumping in a well.

Also:

"American Cyborg"
"Robot Holocaust"
"Cold Harvest"

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2002, 09:29:27 PM »

Freep wrote:  In "Interceptor Force", the good guy escapes from a nuclear explosion by jumping in a well.

*****  That's kind of like what happened in the big-budget "Broken Arrow," when Christian Slater and the cute-redhead-we-never-saw-in-anything-again escaped an underground nuclear explosion by jumping in an underground river and swimming 60 yards!

Dano
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Post-Apocalpyse « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.