Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:13:02 PM
713354 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Films with questionable messages « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Author Topic: Films with questionable messages  (Read 20582 times)
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2002, 11:03:13 PM »

Three Ninjas: A world-renowned martial artist-turned-drug cartel ringleader will admit to being "the bad guy," and then get his ass handed to him by 3 brats, none of them older than 13, and will lose to an old fogie that can barely walk by having jelly beans placed in his mouth and then punched in the forehead. MORAL: Kids will kick your ass with jelly beans.

Three Ninjas: High Noon At Megamountain: This has a few...
1. Theme park security NEVER notices a teenage girl tied to a roller coaster track, despite the fact that she's screaming for help.
2. Hulk Hogan HAS hair.
3. International criminals are all blundering idiots that can be stopped by a kid whose appearanced has changed completely 3 times.
4. Hulk Hogan is cool.

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Akira Tubo
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2002, 12:12:27 AM »

The Matrix:

Killing innocent people to further your goals is fine, even if your goal is to save said innocent people.
Squishy
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2002, 02:33:12 AM »

Kudos, Akira! I would add this:

"The Matrix:" Paying your taxes is inherently evil.
"The Matrix," "They Live," "Total Recall," et al: The raving lunatic whacked out on little pills, booze, or head trauma, who is gunning down old ladies, cops, office workers, and anyone who gets in his way, while screaming incoherently about an alien conspiracy, is, in fact, always right.
Neville
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2002, 06:38:45 AM »

"On deadly ground" -----> The best way to fight against contamination is to murder the top brass of the oil companies and then plant bombs on their refineries.

"Conan the Barbarian" ------> Forget about intellect and reason. The only way to solve any kind of problem is through violence.
Luke Bannon
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2002, 11:30:14 AM »

Um, in many films, people in authority are total jerks who deserve to be humiliated.
D
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2002, 06:19:42 PM »

How about this?

All ladies really need is a husband and kids, no matter what she may say otherwise(from hell it came. Or at least some other killer tree movie)

That getting a woman in the sack can be as easy as simply rolling on top of her (not really a movie, but it came out of Nick Carter: Killmaster, which is a rip-off on James Bond)

That all rugged men who smoke are cool and always right, were as the skinny smart guys are either
A. Wrong
B. Plotting with other nations or aliens
C. Both

Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2002, 06:26:09 PM »

How about Pleasantville where two 90's kids (Reese Witherspoon and Toby MacGuire) are transported into Leave It To Beaver Land where they spark their own sexual revolution in which all the teens in town are having sex and everything is just wonderful...  No pregnancies...  no disease... no emotionally shattered kids who weren't ready....  Yeah.  Right.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2002, 08:15:57 PM »

I am reminded of Squishy's post when we were talking about "Jeepers Creepers."

http://www.badmovies.org/bbs/read.php?f=2&i=20590&t=20568

Scary when you look at it that way.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2002, 08:45:22 PM »

In his autobiography, Lloyd Kaufman makes a very interesting reading into Forrest Gump: It's the story of a none-too-bright man who questions nothing, does everything he's told and everything expected by the mainstream (becomes a football star, joins the army, etc.), and winds up on the Fortune 500 with no effort. This is frequently contrasted to Jenny, who thinks for herself, acts independently, is involved with the underground... and is always miserable and eventually dies of AIDS. The moral (quoting directly from Kaufman): "Don't think for yourself. Don't act differently than the herd. Go along with Big Brother, especially if you're a woman, or you will get AIDS and die."

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2002, 08:52:20 PM »

I know there was a reason I didn't like Forrest Gump .
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2002, 09:00:25 PM »

The message I took from this was - Stay the hell away from Forrest Gump!

Jenny - Miserable life, got AIDS
Lt. Dan - Legs blown off, military career ruined, laughed at by whores
Bubba - Machinegunned
Others in unit - Killed or maimed
Fellow shrimp boat captains - Lost their boats in a hurricane, children hungry
Black panthers - put down by the Man
Kennedy - shot through the head
LBJ - Left Washington in disgrace
Nixon - Impeached, disgraced
Momma - Died on a Tuesday
Abbie Hoffman - became irrelevant
Elvis - died on the toilet (allegedly)
Haley Joel Osment - One big hit and then Pay it Forward and A.I.

I'll bet all those buses that went by picking up the people forced to listen to Forrest crashed.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Goon
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2002, 10:57:29 PM »

****engage arse covering disclaimer****
            This post is merely a thought some might find amusing.  For me it is just an idea and not an opinion, and it's not meant to offend anyone.
     ****end arse covering disclaimer*****

Perhaps the message Gump is trying to get across is "God has lousy aim."

-----ooo-'U'-ooo-----Kilroy was here.
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2002, 10:59:51 PM »

American Beauty- Gay couples are the only truly happy people. Everyone else is either unhappy in their marriage or are keeping their homosexuality repressed (I read an interview with the screenwriter and he admitted that was hinted at).

Any Meg Ryan/Nora Ephron movie- Ladies, if you're dating a nice, thoughtful guy, but you get a faint suspiscion that some other guy is meant for you, dump that nice dope pronto. He'll understand.

The Doors- Jim Morrison may have been a selfish, egotistical, drug-addled, philandering, pretentious, downright loathsome person, but, uh, that's it.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Akira Tubo
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2002, 01:40:45 AM »

Home Alone 1 & 2

It's really no big deal when parents *twice* abandon their young son due to negligence.
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2002, 02:47:29 AM »

Hell, he seems better off without them!

I hate those movies.  Never saw the appeal.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Films with questionable messages « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.