Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:53:32 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Films with questionable messages « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Films with questionable messages  (Read 20581 times)
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2002, 01:10:06 AM »

Andrew Crow wrote:
>
> Three Ninjas: A world-renowned martial
> artist-turned-drug cartel ringleader will admit to being "the
> bad guy," and then get his ass handed to him by 3 brats, none
> of them older than 13, and will lose to an old fogie that can
> barely walk by having jelly beans placed in his mouth and
> then punched in the forehead. MORAL: Kids will kick your ass
> with jelly beans.
>
> Three Ninjas: High Noon At Megamountain: This has a
> few...
> 1. Theme park security NEVER notices a teenage girl tied to a
> roller coaster track, despite the fact that she's screaming
> for help.
> 2. Hulk Hogan HAS hair.
> 3. International criminals are all blundering idiots that can
> be stopped by a kid whose appearanced has changed completely
> 3 times.
> 4. Hulk Hogan is cool.
>
>

Here's one for Three Ninja's High Noon At Mega Mountain:
Lonnie Anderson can beat up Hulk Hogan(even while working on a computer.).

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
D
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2002, 01:20:30 AM »

What about creator? That's ok to steal and lie to your empolyers, as long as you have a 'good' reason, than theft is ok.

The Beast- That any one who tries to make a profit is EVIL, and they will get eaten by a squid.

Ready to Rumble-That all wrestling fans are idots, and wrestling promoters are equal to a mob boss when it comes to personal power.

Mangler 2- unleashing a killer virus into your school's system is a good way to get back at the principal. And if said virus kills several people, than daddy will give you a vaction to Europe.

D
John
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2002, 10:04:08 PM »

>The Beast- That any one who tries to make a profit is EVIL, and they will get
>eaten by a squid.

I've seen this mentioned before and always wondered why everyone defends the weasel. I think the point the movie was making wasn't just that he wanted to make a profit, but that he didn't care about anyone else. He has plenty of money, but still wanted the raft for himself, rather than allow the fishermen who found it to keep it, especially as the black guy was really hurting for money. Imagine this; you see a $20 bill lying on the street, but as you're walking over to it, a guy in a $2000 suit rushes over and snatches it right out from under you and then gets into a chauffer driven limo. Tell me you wouldn't think the guy was a greedy jerk.
D
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2002, 12:07:13 AM »

John wrote:
> I've seen this mentioned before and always wondered why
> everyone defends the weasel. I think the point the movie was
> making wasn't just that he wanted to make a profit, but that
> he didn't care about anyone else. He has plenty of money, but
> still wanted the raft for himself, rather than allow the
> fishermen who found it to keep it, especially as the black
> guy was really hurting for money. Imagine this; you see a $20
> bill lying on the street, but as you're walking over to it, a
> guy in a $2000 suit rushes over and snatches it right out
> from under you and then gets into a chauffer driven limo.
> Tell me you wouldn't think the guy was a greedy jerk.
Well, just read the review over at Jabootu's. It can explain the film far better than this lowly one.
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2002, 12:22:18 AM »

<>

Because it's wrong to say being involved in promiscuous sex and hard drugs might lead to AIDS?

I love Troma, but Lloyd's about the biggest jackass in the world. He rants (and rants and rants) about how crappy big Hollywood movies are and how evil Spielberg is when he has never made a competent film in his life. And I won't even go into his political rhetoric. Why Berkley hasn't just hired him as a professor of film is a mystery.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
AndyC
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2002, 10:04:55 AM »

> still wanted the raft for himself, rather than allow the
> fishermen who found it to keep it, especially as the black
> guy was really hurting for money.

It was my understanding that he had a legal right to the raft, and it wasn't him personally who took it, but someone in his employ. That's really a minor detail anyway. If that was the most selfish thing he did, that's not bad. I can't say I saw the guy do anything to deserve being called a weasel, or to warrant the abuse heaped on him by the 'hero.' Really, he was doing a lot to revitalize the local economy, while the pompous, self-righteous, utterly rude hero was clinging to a dying past and heaping abuse on him for offering something else. He was scrawny little rich guy with glasses who had power and came from an influential local family, so we're supposed to hate him. He didn't do half the damage the hero did, and wasn't anywhere near as big an a***ole.
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2002, 10:21:35 AM »

Jabootu has an in depth review of The Beast where he takes pains to explain why the 'hero' is one in name only because he certainly doesn't act like one, and the 'designated villian' is not nearly s bad as he treated by the hero

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
AndyC
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2002, 11:24:47 AM »

I've read it, and agree with it 100%. It's a very good, accurate analysis.
Evan3
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2002, 06:02:02 PM »

american psycho- dont rent anything made by that director again
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2002, 06:08:01 PM »

KJ wrote:  Patrick Swayze kills two people and still gets to go toward the light? I'm pretty sure several religions have a bone to pick with that...
*****  In defense of the movie Ghost (now there's something I never thought I'd type), didn't Swayze kill two people because they were plotting to kill someone else?  While I can only vouch for Catholicism, I think most religions have a provision to allow killing in defense of one's own or another's life.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
D
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2002, 11:42:27 AM »

Backyard Dogs
That if you just put your body through hell, than a big time promoter WILL give you a contract. (oh, and that backyard wrestlers can earn any where from $500 to $1000 a match)
John
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2002, 07:49:52 PM »

>didn't Swayze kill two people because they were plotting to kill someone else?

Actually, he didn't kill anyone. The first guy he scared and the guy ran into traffic and got hit by a car. He could just as easily have stuck to the sidewalk rather than running out into the road. The second guy he knocked around a little in order to save the others and the guy fell into the window where the glass cut his throat. Both were accidental deaths, Swayze didn't intend to kill either of them.
Mark
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2002, 03:23:46 PM »

The Original Star Wars Trilogy-An organization made up of rebels (that have former pirates and gamblers as generals) trying to overthrow a government are really the good guys.
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2002, 07:33:43 PM »

Don't froget, D...

BACKYARD WRESTLING IS REAL, THE FAKEST-LOOKING MOVES ARE ALL REAL, AND A BED MATTRESS WILL MAKE THE SOUND OF A REAL WRESTLING RING.

As a fan of wrestling, and an occasional backyard wrestler (none of that hardcore s**t), I was deeply insulted by this movie. But hey, it had Hayabusa in it, so it wasn't ALL bad...

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
raj
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2002, 10:47:50 AM »

Well, you could say the same thing about the American Revolution.

Mark wrote:
>
> The Original Star Wars Trilogy-An organization made up of
> rebels (that have former pirates and gamblers as generals)
> trying to overthrow a government are really the good guys.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Films with questionable messages « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.