Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:24:00 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Films with questionable messages « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Films with questionable messages  (Read 20724 times)
raj
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2002, 10:54:06 AM »

Just remembered this one while watching the World Series.
It is ok to use supernatural powers to win a game, while the other side is limited to people who have worked hard to develop their skills, not to mention cheating the fans who have paid to watch an honest game.  No, God doesn't want you to use your god-given talents to play the game, He'll just send down His angels.
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2002, 10:03:50 PM »

Not to mention that peoples' relationships can and should hinge on the fortunes of a professional sports team.  You just know that awful marriage will last forever now.
Jeez.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2002, 10:00:32 PM »

what was that one movie.. "The Rookie" i think it was called:
the moral is:
Break your arm, it'll get you signed to a major baseball team.

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2002, 11:17:33 AM »

That was "Rookie Of The Year".  I caught a few scenes from it last week and it was pretty bad.  I think the writer or director or whomever had, at best, seen maybe one baseball movie and *maybe* seen a game on T.V.  It was pretty obvious that they didn't really know anything about baseball, except maybe some social cliches.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Funk, E.
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2002, 05:54:01 PM »

It's the Malcome X "by any means necessary message. White man make money off of black man in black man's hood. Black man no like rules. Whilte man tell black man what to do. White man bad. Destroy white man because THE man is gonna come and side w/ white man no matter what happened. Spike Lee's morals are very egocentric. What ever we need to do to push back is okay.
Neville

« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2002, 05:54:26 AM »

Two films by that jerk named Ron Shelton:

1) "Tin Cup": If you can choose between winning and open golf, getting the woman of your dreams and earning the success that you have been deserving for years, all put together, or behaving childishly and ruining it all, choose the second, the film will pretend you are a winner and the woman will still find you charming, even if you are just an inmature s**thead.

2) "White man can't jump": It is a good day if you have lost all your money and your girlfrienf has abandoned you if you prove that white men can jump.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
frannie
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2002, 07:45:23 PM »

the only star trek episode i ever watched involved the station crew playing a baseball game.  some good one liners from Wharf (sp?).  "death to the opposition!" instead of "hey batter" and "find him and kill him!" when dealing with a runner that left base before tagging up.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2002, 10:29:27 PM »

I missed that one, but I remember his protestation "I  am *not* a Merry Man!" in the Q/Robin Hood epsidode

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Films with questionable messages « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.