Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:01:10 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Guilty Pleasures « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Guilty Pleasures  (Read 14595 times)
Susan
« on: October 02, 2002, 01:11:52 PM »

Anyone have secret pleasure movies that you don't like to really admit to liking beacuse the mainstream doesn't? Maybe it's one of the bad sequels of a franchise or a film that even most b-movie fans scoff at. Or maybe your a professed horror fan who has built up a reputation, but who also watches Dirty Dancing obssessively when nobody is around? heh..ok, we KNOW you'll never admit that!  But we can always hope. You don't have to actually own the title, chances are you're too embarassed to go buy it anyhow.

One of mine is "Sindbad and the eye of the tiger". Mostly because it's the one that nobody likes as far as Sinbad movies go. I can't help myself, sure it's got jane seymore but one can overlook that. It's darker. Princes turning into baboons, a freaky slave made of metal, Trog the cyclopse with a crush on a young girl, a giant bee, a giant walrus, saber tooth tiger, even the music, what's not to love? Yet whenever I've brought up this title i get the eye roll, so it remains my guilty pleasure.

Since i'm a chick I'll be alone on this one but I also like "Fire with fire". Catholic school girl, prison inmate, love affair, the stuff that dreams are made of. lol

John
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2002, 08:32:33 PM »

I've only seen a couple Sinbad movies, and I always thought that was about the best one.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2002, 08:43:01 PM »

Mine has to be "Radioactive Dreams."  It it terrible, I know it is terrible, but love it to death.  My only defense is that the webmistress of WilliamGirdler.com has seen it and also loved the movie for its supreme cheese.

The review:
http://www.badmovies.org/movies/radiodreams/

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2002, 09:08:08 PM »

Midnight Madness - A Bad comedy about several teams of college students on a scavenger hunt...  Stars the lead from American Werewolf in London (I know it, but am drawing a blank), Eddie Deezen, and a very very young Michael J Fox.  One of the frat team's guys was named "Armpit."

I rented this once, but had to stop watching because my girlfriend at the time stopped by and I couldn't let her see me watching it on tape.  By the time I tried again, it had circulated out of that video store and never saw it again.  

I like it because it was on HBO during one particularly fun summer when I was a kid.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Brian Ringler
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2002, 09:16:54 PM »

I like radioactive dreams as well, I picked it up when a rental store closed down a few years ago.

My guilty pleasures would be:

Legend of Billie Jean - You should've seen my joy when I was getting gas at a gas station on vacation and found a copy of it.

Newsies - I got this the day it came out on dvd

Summer Camp Nightmare - I wish a company would release this on dvd, Guess taking over summer camp has always been a dream of mine.
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2002, 10:25:31 PM »

Most of the films I consider quilty pleasures are bad. I know they're bad, they're unoriginal and poorly made, but I like them and I can't explain why.

Detroit Rock City- I hate KISS and every scene is ripped off from another film, but I can't say no to this one. Maybe it's because the drummer is the hero, I don't know.

The Running Man- Pure 80's Schwarzenegger cheese.

Roswell- The made-for-Showtime movie about the UFO crash that blatantly rips off JFK.

And much like Dano, there are countless bad comedies and action movies I love just because they remind me of where I was or what I was doing at the time.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Susan
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2002, 11:42:38 PM »

Well i guess radioactive dreams is better than....electric dreams? Then i'd really be worried.

I also like "Revenge of the nerds 2: nerds in paradise", I don't know why, but I like it more than the original. Most don't.  

I also like the King Kong remake with jessica lang. Alot.  ;-)

And perhaps more disturbing, regarding the "Creepshow" movie which I don't generally like too much, my favorite story in that was the horrible performance by Stephen King as the dumb redneck who touched the meteorite and started growing the fungus on him. There was something really deliciously morbid about the suicide ending ...death by bathtub.

You know when you feel the need to place an excuse next to the title..you realize it's an honest to goodness guilty pleasure.

jmc
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2002, 11:44:59 PM »

Night of the Zombies!  I even own the DVD....

Hey, nothing wrong with liking Midnight Madness.  I have the DVD of that too.  "Faga beefy?"
peter johnson
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2002, 01:34:32 AM »

Wait a minute .. . Isn't this redundant?  I mean, isn't everything here on this #@$%^^& site a "guilty pleasure"?  Or am I missing something?  Lord, when I say I LOVE "They Saved Hitler's Brain", I'm not speaking metaphorically, I can tell you that . . .
Yours in literalism
peter johnson
PS:  Crap ist Die Koneig!!
Susan
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2002, 02:54:11 AM »

>>>Wait a minute .. . Isn't this redundant? I mean, isn't everything here on this #@$%^^& site a "guilty pleasure<<

For some it might be, but IMO - B-movies (as a whole) aren't really a guilty pleasure because there are so many who love them. A "guilty pleasure" isn't really a genre, particularly one you like. I think it's an individual thing, something that others in your circle of friends or "movie crowd" might frown upon.

Something you personally might be embarassed to go to a movie store and ask about. You might readily run up and see if any copies of "Plan 9 from outer space" are available without a thought. But you may also want another title like.."Walk like a Man" starring howie mandell but be too embarassed to even ask a clerk if they sell it and slink away. ;-)

Neville
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2002, 06:26:29 AM »

For me, guilty pleasures are some of the action films starring Dolph Lundgren or Jean Claude Van Damme. Most of them will have the same effect on me than smoking a joint, but the real winners are:

Dolph Lundgren: "Silent Trigger" and "The peacekeeper", specially the last one.

JCVD: Both "Double Team" and "Knock Off" have that weird sense of humour I like that much, but "Coyote Moon" gives the word cheese new meanings.
Squishy
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2002, 06:33:04 AM »

"Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2." Gettin' to be about time for my annual viewing, too.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2002, 06:41:56 AM »

I have to admit......even though most of you will cringe......One of my guilty pleasure movies is Jerry Maguire.  I can't really put my finger on why I like this movie.  I'm not into sports and  I'm not into love movies but I sincerely like this one.  I guess it's the "telling like it is, straight to the point" aspects of this film that I like the best.  So sue me.  Haha.

andy
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2002, 06:56:11 AM »

Blair witch 2.

I thought this one was brilliant, good story , ok acting,

weras teh first one was totally and utterly crap and not scary atall.

i cant understand why the first one is loved by all and teh second one is hated by all.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2002, 07:01:12 AM »

I actually liked both Blair Witch films.  I saw the 1st one in the theatre and the 2nd one on video.  For all of the s**t reviews they both received, they weren't bad efforts.  Both are best viewed intoxicated.  lol!!  Alcohol or cannibas accepted!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Guilty Pleasures « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.