Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:25:26 AM
713336 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Guilty Pleasures « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Guilty Pleasures  (Read 14593 times)
slax
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2002, 09:32:32 AM »

add another vote for "Summer Camp Nightmare"

Also "They Still Call Me Bruce"
both are childhood favorites that I still like to this day and I still haven't seen "They Call Me Bruce",part one =)
Neville
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2002, 09:56:46 AM »

People please mark this date on the calendars. Reason? I finally agree on one thing with Ashthecat, I also think "Jerry McGuire" is a guilty pleasure. My reasons, however are quite different: I personally think that Tom Cruise is awful in that one, that he looks like he is acting under the effect of illegal substances, and hence the movie, no matter how serious it tries to be, gets transformed into a cheese festival.
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2002, 10:56:52 AM »

HaHa!  I will definitely mark this on on my calendar!  It is a pleasure to have you agree with me Neville.  I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for ripping on you in that very harsh debate on the U.S.'s policy on Iraq.  I was probably swimming in alcohol when I posted it.   I know that there are probably no hard feelings between us.  I know that we're both good people.  If you and I met face to face I'm sure we'd be good friends...although differing in opinions.  I'm glad to call you a freind Neville.  Shake on it??

Neville
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2002, 10:59:50 AM »

Ashthecat said: Shake on it??

Alright.
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2002, 11:02:35 AM »

Ok then.....we shake on it...... I can't promise I'll agree with you everytime but a truce it is......we're we at war????   lol!

Brian Ringler
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2002, 11:30:20 AM »

"Also "They Still Call Me Bruce"
both are childhood favorites that I still like to this day and I still haven't seen "They Call Me Bruce",part one =)"

Both Bruce movies are great, their a couple of those 20-30 movies that are the main reason the vcr gets used still in my house
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2002, 01:18:02 PM »

For years I was (and remain) a staunch defender of William Lustig's Maniac, a serial killer movie that is far more realistic and honest about those predators than most seem willing to admit.  I also think Romero's Day of the Dead is a great movie, possibly the best of the series to date.

I like the remake of Night of the Living Dead, feeling that it is far better and more intelligent than most.

As far as bad movies that I subject myself to and feel dirty afterwards, but still never miss the chance to roll in the mud with 'em

Jaws the Revenge (I even own a copy!)
Jaws 3-D
The Amityville Horror (just ordered the DVD)
Amityville II: The Possession (this is my favorite Amityville movie, btw)
Amityville 3-D and let's just say the rest of the the series
any movie from Full Moon (especially the Puppet Master series)
there are a lot more, but then I'm here, so it should not be a surprise

as far as off topic mainstream movies Ilike to watch...

She's Having a Baby (I swear to God the movie tells my life story - Kevin Bacon plays ME, that's me up there, and everything that happened in that movie happened to me, except William Windom would be my Dad instead of my father in law and making a baby was really, really easy, not to mention FUN AS HELL.  But the movie is kind of creepy to watch - but I do - and yes, college IS nothing but high school with ashtrays)

Footlose (one of the few movies that doesn't beat up on the Christian religion while still criticizing its zealots)

The Other Side of the Mountain Parts 1 and 2

Saturday Night Fever (this movie is far, far better than its seventies era rep leads people to think)

Body Double - I'll watch anything directed by Brian DePalma at least once

Sudden Impact - the worst, most morally repugnant Dirty Harry movie of all time - but I'm so there and lifting a fist going YEAH!

You can toss The Dead Pool in there, but I think it's great!!!

Batman & Robin (yeah, I liked it, so what?)

Rollercoaster (acutally not a Guilty Pleasure at all, but a great little thriller and one that, along with John Carpenter's Escape from New York, could NEVER be made today)

Jaws 2 - a lot of people hate or dismiss this movie, I don't

Airport, Airport 1975, Airport 77, and The Concorde Airport 79

any movie featuring a disaster and the presented by the producing talents of Irwin Allen
any movie featuring a disaster, period

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Redjack
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2002, 01:35:31 PM »

I have two,  Damnation Alley  i watch every chance i get.. My fiance can't fathom why..but its a horrible film with a really b***hin SUV.    How can ya go wrong with George Peppard and Jan Micheal Vincent?  

The other movie always chases her from the room,  its horrible, its mind numbingly bad, but i love it like no other film. Give it up for  Battle in Outer Space!  

Oh look, she ran away again..   tee hee
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2002, 05:18:04 PM »

i cant understand why the first one is loved by all and teh second one is hated by all.
*****  andy:  Respectfully submitted, I liked the first one and hated the second one and I'll explain why.  I thought the first one had a clever concept and fantastic acting.  The actors came across as genuine dopey film students (I've known a few).  And the director used suggestion, sound, and off-camera space extremely well (yes, this is obvious and I'm like the millionth person to say it, but I think it's true).

*****  I did not like the second one because I was expecting more of the same and instead got a standard ghost/gore movie.  It used awful shock tactics (the miscarriage dream sequence caused my wife to get up and go read a book, and in point of fact I almost joined her.  I thought was uncalled for and disgusting).  Then instead of wrapping it up like the first one, where the legends they'd heard from half-tanked hillbillies about the witch making one kid stand in the corner while she killed another came true, the second movie just deteriorated into the crazy guy getting carted off to the loony bin and was there even a witch at all?  I didn't think it was original.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2002, 05:41:55 PM »

Super Mario Bros: The Movie. What can I say, it came out when I was 8 years old and obsessed with Nintendo, and I still have fond memories of it. It also served as my introduction to Dennis Hopper and (though it wasn't until later that I realized it) Mojo Nixon. Now I realize that--for some reason-- It's a blatant ripoff of Buckaroo Banzai, but I'll still watch it whenever it's on TV.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
StatCat
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2002, 05:45:47 PM »

City of the walking dead- zombies attacking people in spandex on a work out show is just hilarious to me. Creepshow is a classic, too bad the sequel isn't. It's hard for me to say I have any guilty pleasures. Almost every movie I like I'm damn proud to say I do even if most people don't.
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2002, 05:56:34 PM »

ANY direct-to-video action films starring Treat Williams, Ice T, Michael Dudikoff, Mario Van Peebles or James Remar.

And a film by two names, White Water Summer (AKA Rights Of Summer). It stars Kevin Bacon as a sadistic guide to Sean Astin (post-Goonies, pre- big fat Hobbit)and a bunch of Growing Pains-Wonder Years stock "best friends" on a camping trip. Maybe I like it because Bacon gets his legs broken.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Susan
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2002, 06:12:21 PM »

>>And a film by two names, White Water Summer <<

Sean austin with the egg and the model bridge demonstrating his fear. "Dum de dum de dum...uh oh...trouble!" (swings egg on bridge and drops it)

Kevin bacon really is underrated. Doesn't matter the movie, he can play a guy you love, a guy you hate, or a guy you love to hate.

J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2002, 11:01:49 PM »

I hate Kevin Bacon, but I don't love it. I can't watch anyfilm he's made since 1993 for fear he's going to prance around naked.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2002, 11:09:25 PM »

JR wrote:  I hate Kevin Bacon, but I don't love it. I can't watch anyfilm he's made since 1993 for fear he's going to prance around naked.

*****  DON'T SEE HOLLOW MAN.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Guilty Pleasures « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.