Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:45:58 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Guilty Pleasures « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Guilty Pleasures  (Read 14592 times)
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2002, 11:15:25 PM »

Idid. God help me I did. Little fella just popped up to say hello. I'm sure there's a deleted scene from My Dog Skip where he plays naked frisbee with Skip. And another guilty pleasure-

The Hard Way- James Woods and Michael J.Fox in a buddy film. It tries too hard to be a straight action film in the third act, the villian is lame and it's not funny, but I like it.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
chris
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2002, 12:59:11 AM »

Two movies I love shamelessly, yet am afraid to tell strangers are Clifford and Cabin Boy.  I laugh like a hysterical madman when watching these.  I've met quite a few people (my brother becoming more of a fan of these movies than me) who do agree, but most want to lock me up.  I felt this way for years, but maybe a month ago Charles Grodin was on David Letterman (the show) and Letterman mentioned that one of his favorite films was Clifford.  Grodin says he was suprised how critics and audiences reacted and that he is really proud of the film.  He then mentioned that he really enjoyed Cabin Boy and Letterman said he likes the film too.  After all these years of hiding the terrible secret of loving these films, maybe I wasn't mad after all.
Susan
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2002, 02:11:41 AM »

Speaking of Cabin Boy..I never saw that film but i used to love the Chris Elliot show. It probably lasting all of 4 weeks but it was great ;-)

Squishy
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2002, 03:45:46 AM »

Susan mentioned Chris Elliot, and that reminded me, I see a lot of raves all over the place for "Get A Life!", so I'm going to have to pick up the DVDs...especially if one has the "Spewey & Me" episode.
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2002, 04:00:04 AM »

Get A Life! was a fantastic show. So fantastic, in fact, that while watching it became clear it would be canceled. Really twisted and absurdist humor, so of course mainstream America wouldn't like it. I felt the same way during The Oblongs, and it was off the air in three weeks.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Squishy
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2002, 04:12:19 AM »

"Oblongs" is a funny duck--Angus Oblong himself doesn't like it--slams the crap out of it at his site, but he still hangs out at the Yahoo! Group devoted to it and is highly supportive. Dammit, I wish I got Cartoon Network. I'll have to snag the boot.

"I call the white one Mitzi."
--Helga Fugly, showing off the swarm of mice living in the folds of her back-fat
jmc
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2002, 10:28:04 AM »

The GET A LIFE DVD I have has "Spewey and Me."  It's volume 1.  I'm not sure if they've released any others.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2002, 11:23:24 AM »

Toss The Wedding Singer into the Guilty Pleasure list, it's the only Adam Sandler movie I would ever consent to owning...

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Susan
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2002, 12:41:53 PM »

Ah.."get a life"...that was the name of the show. I don't think you can like the show unless you like chris elliot. It's kind of like the show of George Costanza, only Chris was more loosery. I wish there was a channel that would rerun shows that had a short lifespan. I would love to revisit some old shows dating back to the 70's that only aired for a season or two and never rerun on any of the channels for either not having been a "popular" show or just the lack of shows to air. It can be called B-tv? ;-)

btw I had NO idea that show was on DVD!

chris
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2002, 01:58:52 PM »

Get a Life Volume 2 DVD came out about 2 weeks ago.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2002, 04:48:51 PM »

That would be a cool TV station... There are some truly great shows out there that never made it past six or seven episodes (Police Squad, Clerks: The Animated Series, David Lynch's On The Air). Instead of movies, they could run failed pilots!

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Squishy
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2002, 05:11:39 PM »

That would be great. We could even get a chance to see how bad the much-maligned "My Mother The Car" really was, or see the horror that was "Supertrain."
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2002, 12:38:38 PM »

Joe's Apartment. Sex, Bugs, and rock and roll. And its even more twisted in the French Language track. French speaking cockroaches! Watching Joe's Apartment in french, followed by Batman...in French.
....why are you stareing at me?...don't reach for the phone! I have an ax!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
AndyC
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2002, 01:55:08 PM »

Not sure if anyone has mentioned these, since I came in late on this thread:

The Last Action Hero, in spite of the magic ticket gimmick and the sentimental parts, is a great spoof of 80s action movies. I really liked it.

Hudson Hawk, if it had been made 25 years earlier, probably would have been better received. Can't say why, it's just a feeling. Something familiar about the style of the movie. Hated Sandra Bernhardt though.

Probably my most controversial guilty pleasure - Megaforce. I've even got an original one-sheet of this mounted in my rec room. What can I say? When it came out, I was about the right age (12 or so) to think it was cool. It was, after all, the early 80s. Lots of cheese around. Besides, Persis Khambatta was really hot, even if she couldn't act for sour apples.
John
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2002, 09:35:51 PM »

>my favorite story in that was the horrible performance by Stephen King as the
>dumb redneck who touched the meteorite and started growing the fungus on him

The Lonesome Death of Jordy Varrel(sp?)

>or see the horror that was "Supertrain."

I kind of liked this show because I've always had an interest in trains. After the show was cancelled, there was an ad in one model railroading mazagine offering the model train from the show plus like a half mile of track for around $3000. Wonder if anyone eventually bought it.

As for short-lived series, I've like to finally see all the episodes of Beyond Westworld.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Guilty Pleasures « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.