Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:03:39 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7735 Members
Latest Member: WGUNannett
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Scorpion King...... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Scorpion King......  (Read 4372 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: October 03, 2002, 07:45:19 AM »

The Scorpion King.......I saw it last night for the first time on video.  GOOD movie or BAD movie??  I mostly agree with Roger Ebert's review.  He gave it 3 out of 4 stars.  I almost always 99% of the time agree with his reviews.  It is a good film and I do think that the Rock is a durable action star but there were things lacking in it.  It had all the makings of a grand action, kill the enemy Hollywood production but still there was something wrong with it.  I can't seem to put my finger on it.  It didn't seem to be able to take that next step into the realm of great action adventure films.  Ultimately forgettable, although I know the Rock is capable of much more.  Give him credit where credit is due.  You have to admit to yourself that while he's kind of cheesy in The Scorpion King"....he could be great in the right film.  What do you think?

Foywonder
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2002, 09:41:44 AM »

To sum it up with a quote from MST3K...

"It Stinks!"
Luke Bannon
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2002, 11:16:00 AM »

I agree it was really entertaining, but it could have been better in parts.
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2002, 11:31:08 AM »

When the movie opened with him climbing to the top of that Viking building pulling a boulder 10 times his size, I knew I was in for some serious CHEESE.  And that's what I got--lot's of cheese.  But it was fairly entertaining chees.  And the Kelly Wu (think that's her name)---roooaaarrr!
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2002, 11:37:16 AM »

Kelly Wu (I think that's her name) is a goddess!  Man oh man what I wouldn't give to have her in the sack!  Even if her last vision before getting laid was that I'd never have another lover again...it'd be worth it!

Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2002, 04:18:23 PM »

You're both wrong.  It's Kelly Hu .  A VERY pretty lady.

I haven't seen The Scorpion King , and probably won't until it comes out on cable.  Might be a good time killer, but I can't get passed its association with The Mummy Returns , a movie I seriously disliked.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2002, 04:40:48 PM »

Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2002, 07:18:24 PM »

Wow, she started her career getting her neck snapped by Jason Vorhees.  Wow, what a gal!

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 07:30:01 PM »

To answer your nearly 13 year old question, Ash:  BAD movie!!  
I just saw the end of THE SCORPION KING (2002).  Reminiscent of those CONAN movies with ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER, it's amazing that this one isn't nearly as "good".  
Who'd have expected THE ROCK would best illustrate, by comparison, ARNOLD could ACT???  Question   BounceGiggle  
A steamin' pile o' poop, boy, I can't WAIT to see THE SCORPION KING from beginning to end.  It stinks... in the most glorious way... like limburger cheese.  
I love the part with the arrow pulled out of one's back and used to ridiculously catapult the baddie... BounceGiggle ...to his fiery death!   BounceGiggle  

I think I LOVE this movie.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 09:07:30 AM »

Bring torches and pitchforks! There's a Thread Necromancer over here!  Drink

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 09:41:34 PM »

I like this movie........but the CGI in this is horrible

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2015, 07:53:59 PM »

I like this movie........but the CGI in this is horrible
There's a lot to like in this movie... if you like bad movies.   Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 05:00:26 PM »

The opening shot where the guard walks into the frame and gets hit in the face with a throwing star cracks me up every time. Thumbup

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Scorpion King...... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.