Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:16:20 AM
714254 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Tear-jerking films « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Tear-jerking films  (Read 4733 times)
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2002, 07:02:57 PM »

<>

I'm with you there. "Superman!". I also agree with Stand By Me. I grew up in roughly the same area as the kids in the movie and those kids really felt like my friends and I. Every character reminds me of a friend I had.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Brian Ringler
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2002, 10:57:27 PM »

The series finale of lexx got me a little teared up, which I feel quite lame for but don't miss a chance to mention in a conversation about sad films because people find it funny that out of all these sad sad movies, this is one of the ones that got me
Molly
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2002, 11:25:52 PM »

You're forgetting Of Mice And Men...that had me bawling the longest of every sad movie out there.

I'm a crier so I would list just about everything with a sad moment.

Also, Mrs Doubtfire when Sally Fields says she wants a divorce.  Everybody thinks I'm nuts to cry at that movie but it gets me every time.
twsmith
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2002, 07:56:34 AM »

The first three Trancers movies. Hard to explain but the Trancers series is my favorite series of movies (Excluding 6, which I don't think I want to see. No Tim Thomerson involvement really ticked me off.) with the original Trancers being my favorite film ever.

I guess it has something to do with the way the future is supposed to turn out in that series. There's a line in the second film that sums it up nicely. "Knowing that it's all going to be under the water after the great quakes of the 22nd century." or something to that effect. Bad matte painting effect aside, keeping that whole idea in mind when watching the "Lost Angeles" diving scene from the first movie and hearing the appropriately depressing music really gets to me.

The scene in the third film where it's revealed that McNulte "bought it" and then realizing that none of the other characters (Not the actors, the characters themselves. Like they stripped the storyline to it's bare bones for the 4th and 5th films with the exception of Alice in the part 4, and that was just a passing mention.) will be seen again in any of the movies after part 3 has that effect on me as well. Very odd, I know. The Ryder/Davies composed score for the first three films is my favorite film music ever, and knowing that there will likely never be any sort of soundtrack with that score saddens me greatly as well. Makes me wish that the soundtrack that was advertised on the cover of the first Trancers actually did exist.

--Tony
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2002, 10:06:16 AM »

I hardly ever cry at all, much less watching films. Don't take me wrong: I'd love to cry more often, it is great relieve. The only time I have been on tears watching a movie was with Steven Spielberg "Empire of the sun". The whole thing is quite emotive, but what really hits me is the ending, when the child who's been missing during most of the war can't even recognise his parents when they find him.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2002, 11:38:31 AM »

The only movie that literally had me crying (I mean hands over my face and utterly incapable of doing anything other that bawling like an infant) was My Dog Skip.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2002, 01:00:47 PM »

The scenes of Hobbiton at the beginning of LOTR: FOTR get me every time.  I have no idea why.
Private Joker
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2002, 05:36:07 PM »

Ditto on Requiem for a Dream.  I was crying my head off.  Like a little f**king baby.  Seriously.  That last scene got me.
John
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2002, 10:44:18 PM »

Hannah's War always bothered me. Based on a true story too.
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2002, 12:22:37 AM »

I don't think i'm a very emotional person, but a few movies have gotten to me.

The Fox And The Hound- Just hearing the music would have me crying a river(guess what my brother and sister liked to do.).

Heart Of Dragon- Great movie but it will get to you. The music and direction definatley set the tone but you've got to give credit to Sammo Hung and Jackie Chan for those great performances. At the very least, this movie will make you get mysty.

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2002, 01:56:16 AM »

The knowledge that the heroes will never win in any of the Phantasm series gets me a little misty, but really makes me realize how much of a breath of fresh-air those films actually are.

All the usual suspects come to mind. Of course, I barely even tear-up (and I f**king hate it, because I know I'll explode one day).

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2002, 12:19:00 AM »

Glory: The scene where the Colonel reads the CSA proclamation that all black soldiers (and white officers commanding) captured in union uniforms will be summarily shot, then offers them all discharges if they want them.  Then the next day he comes out and they're all still there.

Also, anyone who doesn't tear up during the scene in Schindler's List when the Nazis take the inmates' children away and the kids all run and try to hide in the concentration camp just isn't human I tell you.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Tear-jerking films « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.