Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:23:06 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Product Advertised « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: Worst Product Advertised  (Read 19179 times)
Squishy
« on: October 06, 2002, 12:34:51 AM »

Baskin-Robbins is hawking an ice-cream dish covered in candy spiders. Okay, that's a decent Halloween pile, I suppose, but they're calling it "The 'Fear-Factor' Sundae" to hook into the idiotic POX program.

Yup, nothing makes me hungrier than "Fear Factor." How about a cheese-covered choco sundae shaped like cowflop in honor of California's popular "It's The Cheese" commercials?

I'd make a joke about a genital-shaped cake, but...well, there we are. But at least they aren't advertised on the Boob Tube. (Ha-ha.)
Susan
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2002, 01:43:51 AM »

Hey, spiders is a delicacy! I was watching the discovery channel once see..and these natives hunted and captured tarantulas that spanned a foot long. They scraped off the spiney needles, squeezed out the eggs into a seperate leaf and put that on the fire to make some kind of omlet. Then they cook the spider and ate that badman like a hamburger!

I bet they'd be shocked to learn if they came to america they could win tens of thousands of dollars for doing that kind of stuff on tv.

Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2002, 05:36:33 AM »

I don't know about any of you but I have to admit if someone cooked up a spider and said "try it, it's good!', I'd sample it.  I really would!  I've always wondered what fried tarantula tasted like.  I will try out ALMOST anything fleshy and nutricious.  No joke.  (I have my limits though)

Ash

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2002, 05:38:56 AM »

The most exotic meat I've eaten was kangaroo while in Australia last year.  It tastes like regular steak only with a more natural robust flavor.  I highly recommend it!

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2002, 11:40:58 AM »

The whole issue over anal leakage.

Found it, Olestra:
http://www.vegsource.com/attwood/olestra.htm

"I just had some chips and now my underwear looks like a Dalmatian..."

I am glad that I do not eat potato chips.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Susan
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2002, 11:53:02 AM »

Well ash your a prime candidate for bug camp. There are bug societies nationwide that believe the true path to proper nutrition is the consumption of crickets, worms and other types of insects because of their high source protein. These are usually advocates of animal rights in that they don't believe in farms that raise cows and such in confined areas in unhealthy conditions for our consumption..and that meat causes clogged arteries and all that. I saw a show, they demonstrate often to kids how to cook bugs, saute and fry.  Personally i'd rather eat a cow or pig that was raised on an organic farmers land than eat larve..but hey, that's just me.

Andrew, I think that olestra thing is a myth to people or only affect people with sensitive bowels or who eat gobs of it. I know scientists state it "may" cause it in "some" people, I just think those people have freaky bowel habits to begin with.The only potato chips I have in my house are made with olestra and i have never, ever had a problem. Nor has anyone i've known. I had to laugh at a story I heard about a guy who sued because he ate some and sat on the toilet thinking he was literally going to be with jesus. I think he probably read the warning label on the bag (something he never saw on a food product) and saw his opportunity. if Ruffles ever did pay that man for pain and suffering due to diarrhea, i truly want out of this nation.  ;-)

Btw, do you all know that scientists now have evidence that french fries and regular potato chips have cancer causing agents because of the intense heat changing chemical compounds in starch?

ahh..death by french fry. Wonder if the surgeon general will have to put warning labels on them. Maybe in public they'll start having a french fry and a non french fry eating section, and chips will be banned from airplanes entirely.

Flangepart

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2002, 02:29:01 PM »

Ewwwwww........
.... I brought my friend Steve some stuff i found in England. White Chocolate Maggots, and Chocolate spiders. If he did not keep a kosher diet....you and him could chow down!
....Gag. He used to keep Tarantulas, Madagascar Hissing cockroaches, pythons,and other weird pets.....who knew that in some countries, he had a smorgasboard?
....Great, now i'm remembering that post long ago where someone wrote of disgusting canned food. Vegamite, SPAM (Stuff poseing as meat), and other goodies. Also that gag in "Beginning of the end" where the clown talks about eating choclate covered grasshoppers, and the other guy tells him to look out, they might get even.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Susan
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2002, 03:11:54 PM »

Hey, spam is delicious and nutricious! Sure it's minced, but it's pork shoulder.

Hot Dogs, bologne, etc. are scarier. Make sure when you buy meat there is nothing about byproducts or "variety meat" on it. I quit eating salami when I realized "beef hearts" were in it. I dunno, i just couldn't get past it. It lists the beef hearts on the package, but when you see "Variety meat" that means it could be anything. That considered, SPAM is the least of your worries. ;-)

For the most part we all eat bugs, there's a certain amount of them in most canned food reported by the FDA. They just can't simply get them all out (mostly i refer to canned veggies and fruits).

Geletin is made of cattle skin, pig skin and bone marrow.

I think the idea is that half the time we are ignorant, either voluntarily or by lack of provided information, of what exactly we are eating. At least the natives cooking up their spiders know what they are putting into their mouth. Do we?

Soylent Green anyone?

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2002, 04:06:15 PM »

Along with capsule b-movie reviews, Forrest Walter has "Food I Fear" on his website:

http://www.forrestwalter.com/food.html

"We tortured each other with it for a while before I threw it away. "

- That line always makes me crack up.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2002, 04:46:57 PM »

Tarantulas?! I'll give you tarantulas! Apparently, there is a town in Cambodia, that supplements the income it gets from agriculture by selling fried tarantulas... Supposedly, they are crunchy on the outside and gooey on the inside. Like fried crickets, but only better. I can't comment on either, Never having tried either. Still working up my courage to try escargot or snails. Enjoy!
Susan
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2002, 04:58:57 PM »

Few foods I actually fear, those mainly include mystery meat and byproducts. But of "common" items found in most grocery stores and kitchens there are a few that simply turn me green. Why? I dunno. We all have our quirks. And i'd be simply thrilled if any of these products were erased from existance forever!

Pimento. Whether it's in cheese or stuffed green olives (which that in itself is my nightmare realized). Firstly i don't like "things" in my cheese..and I have a distaste for spreadable cheese to begin with. Unless it's cream cheese. People do really scary things with cheese.

Chef Boyardee products - in particular their alleged "beef" products (ie: meatballs). Somehow I just can't accept that it's actually real meat.

sourkraut will make me dry heave, I can't imagine how the rancid smell of that stuff can make anybody's mouth water.

And, in one word....PATE

Ash

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2002, 06:16:16 PM »

I agree on the sauerkraut/liberty cabbage.  If I walk into a room where it's being prepared I have to turn around and walk out.  My mother used to make "fried corn".  UUGGH!!  I like corn and all but when it's taken and fried in a skillet with a little grease...well you get the picture.  It is absolutely disgusting!

Molly
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2002, 12:08:15 AM »

Susan wrote:

> sourkraut will make me dry heave, I can't imagine how the
> rancid smell of that stuff can make anybody's mouth water.

I hate it too but every New Years Eve at midnight I cram it down my throat somehow.
Flangepart

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2002, 11:03:04 AM »

FOOD I FEAR! Thats the one! I knew Andrew had a terrifying link like that one time.....man...."Daves insanity sauce". My friend Barbra can handle hot sauce that would make my nose hair catch fire.....i went to the P.R.O. gun show, and got her a bottle with a skull for a cap, and a black robe draped down the neck of the bottle....it's called "Ass Reaper". I wait for the day she trys that one! The day i find a hot suace she can't handle....the Guinnes book is mine!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Fearless Freep

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2002, 11:07:13 AM »

I used to travel on the road with a bottle of "Hot Sauce From Hell"  It was a bottle of Habenero Chili sauce I used to spice up my food with.  Good stuff.  (Being used to food from New Mexico, it was hard finding anything with enough bite on it  in places like Kansas City and Omaha)

When my wife makes enchiladas, I tell her "If it doesn't make my eyes water and my ears sweat, it's not hot enough"

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Product Advertised « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.