Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:53:19 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Product Advertised « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Worst Product Advertised  (Read 19182 times)
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2002, 08:04:08 PM »

Andrew wrote:
>
> Honestly, anything deep fried in the right seasoning tastes good.
>
>

You ARE a southerner, right?

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2002, 08:08:26 PM »

Chadzilla wrote:
>
> You ARE a southerner, right?

No, I am from Delaware.  We never figured out which side we were on.  Our participation in the Civil War looked much like the audience at a tennis match.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2002, 08:10:28 PM »

They serve the fermented chicken eggs over in Southeast Asia. They are some sort of delicacy it seems. Honestly, anything deep fried in the right seasoning tastes good.
*****  Is that like the eggs that they bury?  They absorb stuff from the soil that people need (nitrates and such) and eat the eggs which turn black.  There's lots of weird stuff you see in different cultures that actually have nutrition benefits.  The Scots used to make an ale with crushed clam shells in it for calcium.

And you're thinking of Long John Silver's batter.  You could fry week-old dead cat's ass in that stuff and it would be good.  They actually SOLD the dried up batter crumbs from the deep fryer as a side order.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2002, 08:11:25 PM »

Delaware...  EAST of the Mason-Dixon line.

Dano
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2002, 08:11:39 PM »

Dano wrote:

> *****  Is that like the eggs that they bury?  They absorb
> stuff from the soil that people need (nitrates and such) and
> eat the eggs which turn black.  

Those are the ones.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Susan
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2002, 09:15:46 PM »

regarding those chicken eggs..I used to live in the philippines and eating unborn chickens is more of an aphrodesiac (they even drink the juice from the egg before actually chewing the nearly developed dead chicky up) Then again they have live crucifictions every easter.

sometimes, you're just glad to be an american..lol

Flangepart

« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2002, 12:30:42 PM »

Plan to go Deer hunting next year, if i can get my fat butt in shape.
....Blackpowder and Crossbow.
....Ohio has deer out the proverbial wazoo. And i plan on doing it right. No shot without a clear sight picture, and useing the meat and hide. Whitetails are better for you, as the meat has almost no fat. Call me a Ted Nugent kind of guy.
....Some friends are gonna teach me how its done, and its fun just to break out of the rut my city life is in. As a Christian, i worship the Creator, not the creation. But, respect to God is shown in respecting what he made for us. I try to have a balanced approach to wildlife managemant. (I.E.) don't fowl your nest, and respect the gifts ya have, by useing it wisely.
....And i promised Barbara the hide for a jacket. Gotta keep my word. Any of you ever hunted? Andrew maby?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Susan
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2002, 12:44:02 PM »

Glad you eat your deer. I hate people who hunt for the fun of it just to hang antlers on their wall. Hunters should always respect what they've taken life from by eating it, otherwise it's a waste and feeds into some kind of superiority god complex..lol. And damn once they clean and package the meat for you, you could literally freeze it and live on it for months.

It's actually a valid thing having deer season open because it does control the population which otherwise run amock since I think there are fewer predetors of the old days out there that would normally control their population. Then I think they overconsume plants..etc.etc.  Must be a guy thing, I could never do it as it's not in my genetic code.

Just don't kill bambi's mom!

Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2002, 01:39:33 PM »

It's actually a valid thing having deer season open because it does control the population which otherwise run amock since I think there are fewer predetors of the old days out there that would normally control their population. Then I think they overconsume plants..etc.etc.
*****  Yes to all those things.  Overpopulation in deer also cause them to move around more (to find more food) which causes a sharp rise in traffic accidents.  In upstate NY for the last several years, the hunting season was shortened or something because the deer population has gotten out of control in some areas.  My sister-in-law hit two in the space of less than a month, but thankfully wasn't hurt.

Dano
Flangepart

« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2002, 01:28:00 PM »

No prob, Susan and Dano.
....My friend Karl passed up a doe (At 12 yards), cause she was too small, and had a fawn. I'd pass up pregnant or fawn leading does, as they will add to the next gen. But, older does and bucks are on my list!
....I can't see wasteing a deer, or other game animal. Its a resource, and should be managed logicly. There is a big problim with Cronic Wasteing Disese in Michigan, and they've had to hold off season clearing hunts , to cut down on the spread of the problim.
....It amazises me, how little folage a deer can live in. I've seen deer by the road side, in places where this city boy would never think deer could live. If i ever get a pickup, i'll definatly want a "Bambi Bumper"! That big 'ol piece if tube steel that keeps antlers out of the drivers lap!
....There are rules to being a respectable hunter. I plan to live by them. Take out your trash, never shoot unless you can see the animal clearly...reminds me. A guy shot his son with a crossbow. The son died. His dad should never have shot at at anything he could not clearly identify. Bet andrew teaches his jarheads the same rule. Troops only fire into brush when they have to. Civilans should never do that!
...One last thing. My friend Karl and his wife got me a member ship in a hunting Club. Me! It'll sure be a nice change of pace for me. Deer and Turkey will be my choice of game. 800 acres statewide to viset. Even if i'm not Daniel Boone...i'll be fun to try. Wish me luck!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Susan
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2002, 01:32:25 PM »

That reminds me I think hunters do have to follow guidelines for hunting deer - I knew someone who hunted and fished obsessively and they said that deer with fawns were off limits. The younger fawn won't be able to survive and they want to make sure the newborns get a chance. Idon't know if that goes nationwide but where I live it's one of the regulations hunters are supposed to abide by.

Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2002, 07:29:25 PM »

I want my steak medium! I didn't order a damn brick, I ordered a juicy steak! Besides, I have to be able to chew it.

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2002, 07:36:23 PM »

Only thing I'v ever seen bacon grease used for is making gravy(and dang it is good!).

Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2002, 07:47:52 PM »

I love Fear Factor! But I probably shouldn't watch it while I'm eating(especially with my imagination), so I'm eating now. :)

Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2002, 07:50:15 PM »

I was born just a few miles South of the Mason-Dixson Line. I guess I count as a Southerner.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Product Advertised « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.