Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:24:32 AM
713336 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Richard Moll Rules! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Richard Moll Rules!  (Read 6759 times)
Gerry
« on: May 02, 2001, 04:54:21 PM »

I am a very happy boy.  I just got my brand spanking new DVD of The Sword and the Sorceror in the mail yesterday and watched it last night (for the first time in years as it's been out of print until last Tuesday).

All I have to say is that I love this movie.  It takes the whole 80s fantasy sword and sorcery schtick and does it perfectly with  just the right amount of camp.  I think I like it even better than Krull.

Ok, if you haven't seen it, here's what it has to offer:
Richard Moll (from Night Court) as a thousand year old reincarnated sorceror--and he's really cool in it too!

A triple bladed sword that shoots two of the blades like a rocket launcher!

A hero that risks his life, is chased by a hoard of rats, is crucified, and saves a kingdom--get this--just so he can screw the princess.

It's kind of sad that Albert Pyun's first film was also his best.   Poor guy.  The only other one by him that I've seen that comes close is Cyborg.  (Of course I haven't seen them all, if you disagree titles please.)
Stupid Jacob
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2001, 05:07:11 PM »

Haven't seen seen this. Gotta now. And yes, Richard Moll does rule. He's a misunder stood genius who's talents haven't been fully used.
Gerry
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2001, 06:26:14 PM »

Speaking of Richard Moll, has anyone else seen or remember another Richard Moll movie called Survivor?  It was this interesting post-apocalyptic movie made in the late 80s (undoubtedly a play for the Mad Max market).

I found a pretty good review of it here at Unknown Movies.
Andrew K
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2001, 06:51:39 PM »

Moll starrred in a real stinker Andrew B has featured on his website, Dungeonmaster.  He also had a small role in another terrible movie, Evilspeak, a favorite of Joe bob briggs and probably all of those teen-bopper satnaists who keep Marilyn manson in business. The sole redeeming feature in that film is an excellent performance by Clint Howard, one of our great character actors, playing it completely straight for once.
Andrew
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2001, 07:40:23 PM »

I actually found this on laserdisc at some point and immediately picked it up.  The things they put out on that format (it was sort of expensive) are impressive.

Andrew
Andrew
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2001, 07:42:31 PM »

I'm still waiting for my DVD of "The Sword and the Sorceror" to arrive dog gone it!  A very used VHS of this has been in my collection for a while, but I've put off a review until the DVD was available.

Soon as the DVD arrives I'll start working on a review, expect it in June/July or so.

Andrew
Stupid Jacob
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2001, 08:12:48 PM »

Don't forget House. Wait. Scrach that.
Kev
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2001, 08:56:04 PM »

Richard Moll is a very nice guy.  Friendly and funny.  Met him on the set of Wicked Stepmother (*blech*) back in May 1988.  Have a great pic of him taken back then.

And hey Andrew, speaking of laserdisc, any bets The Brain will make the leap from laser to DVD soon?  ;)  I can see it turning up for $7.99 at Best Buy or Fry's Electronics... good reason to buy a case to harass friends and relatives with, lol.

Hope all goes well in your world.

Cheers,

Kevin
Andrew
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2001, 01:30:05 AM »

This must be Kevin Danzey!  It is good to see you are doing well and I wouldn't mind The Brain being released on DVD at all.

Been meaning to ask you this:  is there any chance that CosmicMan.com will return?

Everyone should check out his interview if you have not seen it before.

Andrew
Kev
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2001, 01:38:52 AM »

Thanks, Andrew.

There is a possibility the site will return but with a different URL.  I spent a couple of months working on a total revamp of the site in January, with added sections on other sci-fi movie & TV related material, but was drawn away by work and family concerns.   Someday, somehow...it will return.

Thanks,

Kev
Kev
PS
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2001, 01:50:43 AM »

I left another post under "Andrew-A Really FLY Guy"...re: teleportation stories.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2001, 06:24:03 PM »

I am eagerly awaiting for Andrew's review of "Sword and the Sorceror," as I had thought he had already done a review of the film. When the discusssion was on novelizations, as I have the novelization of the film, I went to the review section of this site looking for a review of the film and was surprised not to find one. (EOM) As for Richard Moll, I am glad someone mentioned
"Dungeonmaster." Though, that may not be the worst film he has made. "Metalstorm: Destruction of Jared-Syn" may be worst, if that is at all possible. Much to my regret I know I have seen the first, and I may have seen the second. Maybe I am just trying to block it out of my mind. As for his best film, it may be the TV movie "Summertime Switch" w/ Richard Moll, Jason Weaver, Rider Strong, Soleil Moon Frye, and Barry Williams. The opening, which involves Jason Weaver and a troop of Boy Scouts, is rather nifty.
If anyone sees the film, which pops up on television now and then, let me know what you think. Enjoy
Nathan
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2001, 10:34:10 AM »

Of course, Moll can't really share your loathing for Metalstorm -- it was while his head was shaved for that role that he auditioned for Bull on Night Court.

Nathan
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2001, 05:26:50 PM »

I had forgotten about that piece of trivia. Thanks, Nathan. I do not want anyone to think that I dislike Richard Moll, as I said I enjoyed him in the TV movie "Summertime Switch," and I enjoyed him in the TV movie "The Ransom of Red Chief." He has just been in some bad movies, no fault of his, as he is often the best thing going in those movies. Enjoy
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Richard Moll Rules! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.