Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:25:40 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS  (Read 3755 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: October 06, 2002, 11:49:22 AM »

I watched this DVD last night after Katie went to bed, because I knew that she did not want to see it.  In retrospect, after many years of seeing other movies, including a number of Hollywood mainstream films, this is not nearly as heinous as I remembered.

Ilsa is a doctor and devote Nazi, which means she is an inhuman butcher.  Her camp conducts experiments on human beings:  exposure to disease, endurance of pain, what finally kills a person, and other unsavory pursuits.  In addition, the ravenous blonde Ilsa takes male prisoners into her bed.  The next morning the man has certain parts of his anatomy removed, Ilsa is the last woman he ever has.

An American is brought to the camp.  Soon selected for Ilsa's bed, he goes the whole night without reaching climax.  He tells another guy that he is a freak, able to withhold himself if he wants.  All night, with no respite!   My parts hurt just thinking about it.

The prisoners, mostly female, are unclothed and subjected to various cruel tortures.  They finally have had enough and plan a revolt, scheduling it for right after a visiting general leaves.

Really, the only part that I remembered as being something that disgusted me, and still fit the bill perfectly, was the general's personal fetish scene.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Abby
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2002, 03:58:29 PM »

Ah yes. Ilsa.

One of those movies I watched when I was probably too young for my own good. Inspired by a trailer tape and a high school friend of mine who liked to rent "forbidden" videos. As a teenager, I found it to be quite shocking and  slightly repulsive.

I, too, grabbed this on video last year after not seeing it for a long time and was surprised how tame it seemed. It's still not for the weak-at-heart, but parts of it seem almost quaint now.

I just watched SS Extermination Camp a few months ago, which was really just boring  -- like an Italian war drama with MOMENTS of Ilsa torture tossed in every 40 minutes or so to spice things up. Since the torture doesn't actually have anything to do with the plot, it's really just stupid -- which is a good way to describe the entire film. A stupid man-ape things rapes and eats women -- SLOWLY -- stupid gerbils posing as rats eat women (they're kind of cute stupid gerbils, though) -- death by ripped-out fingernails. You get the idea.

I will say: Ilsa is the best and the most interesting example of a rather morbid genre. From what I've seen, anyway.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2002, 06:25:35 PM »

I checked out some further reviews on the IMDB and it sounds pretty good!  I had never heard of it until now.  Ilsa sounds like a real b***h!  One other thing that is mentioned in those reviews is some comparisons to "Men Behind the Sun".  I've heard that it is one of the most disgusting films ever made with actual real animal cruelty (a cat that's tossed into a room full of hungry rats and ripped apart) and the use of real corpses while filming.  I wouldn't mind checking it out sometime.  Have any of you seen it?
Neville

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2002, 05:49:42 AM »

If you are raally interested, I remember there was a really good review at www.prisonflicks.com . Great page.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
raj
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2002, 03:54:18 PM »

I gotta say the bobbitization really made me uneasy.  The only thing that came close to it was the girl who was stripped more than naked.

I got the next one in the series on DVD, Harem Keeper of the Oil Sheik.  Just as good/bad as the first.  What's nice about #2 is that there is a feature where Dyanna (Sp?) does a voice over for the whole movie regarding the making of the flick.  IIRC, the first one was shot in about 10-12 days, whereas Harem Keeper had 15 days.  I think #1 was also shot on the set of Hogan's Heroes.
lester1/2jr
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2002, 05:48:35 PM »

I like the Olga movies better.  So what if they're black and white and have and have that thing where there's no dialogue, just a constant narration (I've never seen any movies not on Something Weird that use this).  I actually own Ilsa and there's another one where she is in Canada or some s**t that I saw.  my favorite prison flick (so far) is bamboo house of dolls.   Those nazi movies, that's the part of the store I don't go to.  It's all nuns and swasticas and stuff.  There's one called Hitler's Harlots
John
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2002, 10:55:07 PM »

A video store near me used to have all four Ilsa movies. I should have rented them before it closed and was replaced with a Starship Video...
jmc
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2002, 12:35:30 AM »

I like ILSA, TIGRESS OF SIBERIA the best.
mark chopper
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2002, 07:33:56 PM »

i wonder what the Isrealis think if these films.
Abby
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2002, 08:02:55 PM »

I wrote a short article for a friend's website (a website I also designed) in which I tried to touch upon the reasons this genre died out yet DIDN'T REALLY die out. The American public is still very VERY titillated by Nazis and the holocaust. Repulsed and titillated.

It's actually a page on the site to pitch Nazi videos for my friend, but for Andrew's purposes, I edited out the links to the questionable 'gray market'  vids and whipped up a quickie special page.

I warn in advance of rated-R content (that's all it is, it it IS rated R), nudity in the video, and maybe some mildly un PC stuff, too. I also edited that trailer, and I think I did a pretty good job considering what I was using.

http://www.cinefear.com/schindlerbm.html

If it's a problem, Andrew, yell and I'll pull it.

Many of the Nazi torture flicks were written or produced or directed by Jews. And the onscreen prisoners subjected to atrocities were rarely Jews; they were usually "American GI's," or Italian prisoners or just about any other person BUT Jews.
Steven Millan
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2002, 03:54:39 AM »

Great to see this site both back,and covering this movie(which I would rather see reviewed than another badly bloated post-"Aliens" sequel[to "Alien"],but the raunch,nudity,and extreme sleaze factor will prevent that from properly covering this sleazoid cheese classic.
                         I could imagine riots(of excitement over the sleaze and gore moments)happening in the theater if this were released(and made)today,for that would be all that the Bush/Ashcroft adminstration would sorely need:another cineamtic Isla sleazecapade,with Isla aligning herself with either terrorists(who she later turns against and massacres), aliens from another world,or an army of invasion-minded ninjas(which would make up for the unfilmed "...Meets Bruce Lee In The Devil's Triangle"). Either way,they would make simply outrageous concepts if anyone would dare continue the Isla saga.
raj
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2002, 11:07:28 AM »

Abby wrote:
>
> I wrote a short article for a friend's website (a website I
> also designed) in which I tried to touch upon the reasons
> this genre died out yet DIDN'T REALLY die out. The American
> public is still very VERY titillated by Nazis and the
> holocaust. Repulsed and titillated.

It's because Nazis are the perfect enemy, everyone (just about, except for their few apologists) hates them, there is no need to worry about offending any ethnic/political/sex-sexual onrientation/whatever else group.  Even though both Mao & Stalin were just as bad (if not worse, responsible for more deaths) they aren't as reviled.  I'm not sure exactly why, because they were all very far on the left end of the political spectrum.

And to have a good movie, with someone for the protagonist to go up against, you need a bad enemy.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2002, 11:31:01 AM »

The Nazis (or SS, or both) were also REALLY snazzy dressers.  Although they were evil incarnate, their uniforms were boss as hell and roll players love playing dress up.  Lots of BDSM uniforms have a SS uniform look to them.

What that says, I don't know.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Anonymous User
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2002, 03:56:07 PM »

I've seen MAN BEHIND THE SUN (supposedly based on true stories from captured Japanese torture-camp records). The infamous "cats and rats" scene is fake, as far as I know.  It certainly looked it.
AndyC
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2002, 04:25:57 PM »

Really evil, sharply dressed? Hmmm, I might also add that many of the Nazi villains in films are fairly sophisticated, aristocratic types. Rather than the grubby, violent terrorists and of today's movies, who tie the hero to a chair and beat the crap out of him, we have somebody who puts on a record of Wagner and offers him some brandy and a fine cigar before sending him out to be tied to a chair and have the crap beaten out of him. Makes for a far more interesting villain.

There is also all of the Nazis' scientific experimentation with rockets, jet planes and other (at that time) superweapons, and the things you hear about Hitler's interest in the occult and acquiring religious relics. This is real comic book stuff. They Saved Hitler's Brain, The Boys from Brazil, Raiders of the Lost Ark - lots of possibilities.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.