Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:59:55 AM
714357 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The secret B-movie password . An underused resource. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The secret B-movie password . An underused resource.  (Read 5710 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 07, 2002, 10:31:37 AM »

I used to say, when leaveing a place temporarily, "MacArther". When folks would say "Hah?", i'd say "I shall return."
....These days, i would use"Schwartzenagger" = "I'll be bach".
....Sure, hardly genius, but i was wondering...do you guys ever use B-movie lines and referances to sturr the pot, or just to see who "Gets it?"
....Ever get a plesent suprise, when someone smiles, and responds in kind?
....Well, with that i mind, here are some lines  i like to throw at my co-workers. Its not easy to befuddle them anymore, as they know me, and do not want to encourage me!
-----------------------
...."Hail, Freedonia! = Ready to start the day, boss.
...."No, mr Bond, i expect you to die." = Are you gonna help me with this project?
...."The door swung open, and a fig newton entered." = Good morning, boss.
...." To in-finity...and beyond!"  = how long is this stupid meeting gonna last?
...." Ants...they looked like giant ants!" = what did you think of my vacation pictures?
...."Keep looking to the skys!" = where can i find fred?
...." Good, bad, i'm the one with the shotgun." = Its not my job, and your not my supervisor.
...." Well, one things for certian...inspector clay is dead...murdered...and someone is responsable!" = Thanks for reitterating the obvious.
...." I love the smell of naplam in the morning." = aw, man...did frank do the coffie agine?
...." With great power comes great responsability." = yeah, i can get the copier fixed.
...." do you suppose i could rent you out as a decoy for duck hunters?" = Any questions?
and, finaly (yea).... " Can you stand the shocking facts behind...grave robbers from outer space!?" = So, how was the high school reunion?
....Hey, i'm easily amused...at least i admit it........

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2002, 10:38:21 AM »

Were you drunk Flange when you wrote this??  There are so many spelling errors!  No offense but when I see this many misspellings in a single post, one of  two things enter my mind.....DRUNK or UNEDUCATED!!!!  Learn to spell!  Please!
Cool Tester
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2002, 12:17:12 PM »

In my martial arts class, sometimes our sensei (instructor) will want us to practice with our throwing spikes.  To my fellow classmates I will say "Hey!  If he wants spikes, give 'em spikes!"  I'm surprised how many actually get the reference.

A couple of months ago I got a new gi (that's martial arts uniform to those who do not study japanese martial arts).  Someone pointed out that my pants seemed new, to which I replied "Well hello Mr. Fancypants."  

A few more:
"This is my Shinobigatana (or Katana, or Hanbo, or Kasari Fundo, or whatever weapon you use)!  There are many like it but this one is mine!"

"God has a hard on for Black Belts!!!"  When practicing our throws, this would end with "...because a black belt throws everything he sees!!"

Yeah, it's nice being easily amused.
AndyC
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2002, 12:33:55 PM »

Yep, as someone who writes for a living, misspelled words always jump out at me. However, on the internet, where a disturbing number of people cannot spell, it's far easier to just enjoy the discussion, without picking on the spelling. Flange is not much of a speller, but he's obviously a smart guy who knows his movies, so I tend to focus on what he's saying. Cut him some slack.

As for the topic at hand, I wish I had something to contribute. Unfortunately, I can't think of any particular B-Movie lines that I use in daily life. I just make obscure references as the situation demands, and accept the puzzled stares.
Luke Bannon
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2002, 01:06:47 PM »

Yeah, I do that a lot.

THIS I COMMAND!
Fearless Freep

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2002, 01:40:10 PM »

Me too.

I even had a chance to say :"Dry hair's for squids" recently :)

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Flangepart

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2002, 03:21:07 PM »

Sorry about the spelling, Ashthecat, but you should see it before i clean it up to post!
....Thank Andrew for the edit feature.
....Also, i'm so focused on what i'm saying, i often forget to watch closely at the lettering. Sorry. Just doin' the best i can on a high school education.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Redjack
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2002, 05:03:57 PM »

What is your major malfunction, numbnuts?   (To any of the clueless 'technicians' i'm forced to clean up behind)

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life.  ( To the user who has forgotten his password for the 1millionth time.. how hard can it be to remember your own name?? )

Be faster to train a monkey.    

Que?  (in my best Manuel voice)

Keep watching the skies!

Hail to the King , Baby.  

I know your damn words!

This is my BOOMSTICK!  

Who has violated the sanctity of  my precious bodily fluids?  ( Who drank the last of the coffee and didn't refill the pot?)

I got a dragon and I Ain't afraid to use it!

but we only have 14 minutes to save the earth!

Clytus, I'm bored.. what plaything can you offer me today?  ( to my boss)
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2002, 05:27:58 PM »

Flangepart is definitely not stupid and I highly doubt he was inebriated.  I think that he is often pressed for time, possibly not an experienced typist, and the computer he has access to does not have a spell check.  Any of those are common causes of spelling errors.

That being said, I also enjoy reading what he is thinking about.  The gentleman is never rude and often has things to say that are amusing or insightful.  Despite his spelling, that is a darn good example to set for an Internet message board.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
frannie
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2002, 07:18:42 PM »

"Negative Ghostrider" = No
most of my friends now know to follow it up with "the pattern is full"
Fearless Freep

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2002, 07:30:37 PM »

Que? (in my best Manuel voice)

I speak English real good...I learned it from a book....

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2002, 07:40:28 PM »

I whistle "Camptown Races" a lot.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
yaddo42
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2002, 08:16:32 PM »

As a regular lurker and infrequent poster, I'd like to vouch for Flangepart's mental abilities, regardless of any minor spelling errors (which we all make from time to time). He is one of my favorite regular posters on this and other boards I frequent.

To the OP:

I use Groucho's "fig newton" line on people from time to time when someone enters a room. You be surprised how many times I've been threatened with violence as a result. No one I know ever gets it, they know they've been insulted but don't know how, which sets them off I guess.

"Not the same Cord" I use this when someone is not acting like themself.

"Come on, my son" When trying to fix a piece of machinery or waiting for my car to warm up on cold mornings.

"Remember, wherever you go. There you are." For when I make my exit.

"You try it again, and I'll turn your head like a goddamn doorknob!" A favorite threat from "Fort Apache, The Bronx"

"She can't take it there" Borrowed from Chico.

"No cure for fools." When someone says or does something stupid.

"Oh no. Not me. Three men on a horse." = I'm going along with what you have in mind.

Although whenever someone uses the "major malfunction" line on me, I remind them that character got killed for pushing a guy too much with talk like that.
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2002, 08:43:07 PM »

Flangepart's posts sometimes drive me nuts with the mispellings, but seeing as how I can't spell worth a damn myself (and I'm a writer) I just accept and move on.

Edit - I just read Flangepart's latter post on this thread.  God that's funny.

Don't take my response personal, Flange.  There not meant that way.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2002, 09:00:43 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The secret B-movie password . An underused resource. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.