Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:59:35 PM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The secret B-movie password . An underused resource. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The secret B-movie password . An underused resource.  (Read 5709 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2002, 04:09:56 AM »

Well, I don't know what to say Flange.

I'm totally with you, but I can't agree in the same way because I don't quote movies as a special part of my speech.  Nope, more to the point 20-30% of my speech is movie quotes and allusions to other things.  No reserve, I say these things whether other people get them or not.

Of course, it's always nice when other people recognize references.  Then I don't seem quite so crazy.

But if I had to pinpoint phrases, I'd say I quote THE SIMPSONS more than anything else.  In fact, here's my favourite thing to say.  Whenever I enter into the middle of a conversation where I don't really know what's going on, I always say "James Watt invented the steam engine."

Of course I expect someone to answer, "That's boring!  Quit boring everybody!"

This agression will not stand, man!

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2002, 06:53:46 AM »

I know I use plenty of these, but damned if I can think of any right now. There are plenty of "call & response" phrases I can never resist; when someone says the first line, I usually have to bite my tongue from blurting out the clear response. A few examples:

"Who are you?" "I'm Batman!"
"What day is it?" "It's Christmas day, sir!"
"She's dead." "Wrapped in plastic!"
"Chief." "MCCLOUD!"

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Squishy
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2002, 08:00:14 AM »

I whistle "If I Only Had A Brain" and The Looney Tunes Theme ("Merry-Go-Round Broken Down") an awful lot, instead of saying "da-yamn, you is so stoopid!!"

Favorite quotes used in conversations:
"God help us, in the future!!" (Criswell)
"Don't forget to bring a towel!!" (Towelie--and getting the voice right kills me)
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2002, 09:57:38 AM »

"Who are you?" "I'm Batman!"

I don't know if you are refering to the movie or the commercial.  There was a comercial for some candy bar (Twix, I think, or Snickers)  where a football player gets hit very hard in the head.  On the sidelines, the trainer asks him who he is and in deadpan seriousness he says "I'm Batman"

Now it's a running joke with my wife and I.  If someone gets hit hard in the head, especially in a sports play when someone gets hit suddenly and violently, I'll turn to my wife and say "I'm Batman!" as a way of saying "He got hit so hard, he doesn't know who he is anymore"

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Susan
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2002, 12:28:55 PM »

I quote ALOT of heston lines. In fact I used to joke I wish I had a keychain that had every handy line I ever needed from a film on hand to just play at the right times. Numerous times at the post office "It's a madhouse! A MAHOUSE!" (i often say that out loud at wal-mart as well or shopping at christmas). I had a discussion about this awhile back with someone, I liked the idea of "select your own movie quotes" to have put in some kind of handy device for frequent use.

Then there's "So let it be written, so let it be done". That is my absolute favorite to say. The "I'm gonna make you a ____ you can't refuse" (i use this alot when cooking and replace "offer" with something like "pizza")

I also have a private joke with someone (not so private anymore). Instead of saying we gotta use the bathroom when we're in public we simply say "Miseour" (sp? sorry i can't spell french stuff). After seeing the really lame gibson movie "What women want" the funniest damn part of that film was a french poodle in the park thinking to it's owner "Miseur, i have to poo poo!" (of course we use the line to merely state we need to oui oui..which is usually the word we use to reply)

the "what we have here is a failure to communicate" I like to use alot. And carries's "There all gonna laugh at you".  Of course it's all about delivery, i'm no good imitator but i do many best. Then you realize when nobody else gets it and your doing it for your own amusement , they think your nuts.

These aren't b-movie lines, but I don't think in general too many people go around quoting movie lines in their everyday life to begin with so I thought i'd mention them. ;-)

Cool Tester
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2002, 02:09:26 PM »

You can be my assistant!
Would you like that?  Would you like to ride with Batman?

I loved this commercial.  The towl over the head was a nice touch.
John
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2002, 11:10:28 PM »

>"What day is it?" "It's Christmas day, sir!"

You should do Gary Busey in Lethal Weapon;

"What day is it?" "IT'S CHRISTMAS!"

Of course it takes a little of the punch out of it if you don't have a high-powered weapon... :)

>I wish I had a keychain that had every handy line I ever needed from a film on
>hand

My mother has a keychain like that, except that it only says 4 X-rated insults. I suppose a techie type could probably burn you a new Eprom with samples from movies instead of the normal phrases. Also, I've seen a replica of the original Star Trek comminicator that allows you to record several seconds of sound. Not the best solution, but you could still whip it out and play a general purpose phrase. :)
frannie
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2002, 01:02:43 PM »

Manuel, you are a waste of space!
Will
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2002, 07:30:17 PM »

I tend to say.....

What're you, some kind of a Swede? You're talking to me in Swedish in Times Square!
(whenever I can't understand what someone's talking about--Frankenhooker)

Art's got a gun!
(whenever someone asks what's the matter--The Burbs)

Everthing's s**tty. The only thing that's not s**tty....is sleep.
(ditto--Cemetery Man)

Ah, you young people. Making the most out of life. While it lasts.
(whenever I want to be a dick to younger kids--Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein)

Oh God! I killed a hippie!
(that's from the Young Ones, so not really a movie, but nonetheless, I say that whenever I kill a hippie)

I'd like to know what you're doing with all that chicken in your pants. (whenever someone's trying to pull a fast one--Street Trash)

It's okay, it's okay!.....The rabbit's gone!
(when comforting someone--Night of the Lepus)

Will
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2002, 09:46:23 PM »

I like to say also....

"This is mass madness....you maniacs!" (from Network, I say it all the time)

and my all-time favorite that no one ever understands.....

"I don't know why.....It was parked outside ALL DAAAAY!"
(from The Burbs, whenever someone says they don't understand what I'm talking about)

Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2002, 05:10:03 PM »

"Contemplate this on the tree of woe."(You screwed up)

"You just Amtracked."(Lost train of thought, I came up with this one about a year or so ago)

"That'll scanner your brain." (I say this whenever I come across something confusing)

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
frannie
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2002, 06:05:38 PM »

forgot about this one till i had a chance to use it this past weekend.  I took longer than the average person to finish college (5 1/4 years) so I like to throw this one out from Tommy Boy:
"a lot of people go to school for 7 years"
("yeah, they're called doctors")
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2002, 06:47:57 PM »

Probably this has been mentioned but I don't have time to read through all these posts:

"I'm all out of bubble gum..."  From They Live, and the hidden meaning is that I'm about to kick someone's ass (not literally, usually).

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2002, 06:55:25 PM »

"Flash Gordon.  Quarterback, New York Jets."

Being a Jets fan, I sometimes blurt this out when the Jets quarterback does something stupid.  Anyone who follows the NFL can imagine that I've been using it alot this season.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
ndmovies
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2002, 08:42:56 PM »

I remember that commercial, but the product escapes me too.  I never laughed so hard in my life.  Didn't it end with him getting up and flapping his arms around and running in a circle?  There are a couple of Jack In The Box commercials that are off the loop too - regulation football give away day, and their new ones where Jack is taking whatever product to the people to get their opinions of it.  The people just happen to have the names of or from competitors and their commercials - Jared from the  Subway, Wendy(Jack goes into her house and says,"So this is Wendy's.  Where's the drive thru?"   The Carfax commercial where the dog is driving the truck and chases the ducks in the pond all the while barking out the window.  It's so funny.  Sorry, bout that.  I got carried away.

I use a ton of quotes in my life.  My friends and I often sit around and have conversations of nothing but movie quotes.  Mine aren't B-Movies though.  Hope thats ok.

Touch it. C'mon, you need human contact.  -  When someone is staring at my chest.

Have fun with my wife, eh?  Eh?  -  When a guy and a girl are leaving the room together.

Come to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs. -  When someone calls after standing me up.

Its called reading, top to bottom, left to right.  Group words as sentences.  Take Tylenol for headaches, Mydol for any cramps.  - Works great in restaurants.  Someone always opens the menu upside down.

I'll drop you like 3rd period french class.  - When someone is talking noise.

I gotta go introduce Mr. Thick Dick to Mr. Urinal Cake.  - Restroom breaks.

Are you talking? - Tommy Boy is great for many occasions.

Can you hear me now?  Good.  - Voice mail.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass.  And I'm all out od bubble gum.  - I use it as a wild card.

You know you've got the brain of a four year old child, and I bet he was glad to get rid of it.  

Looks like I've got War and Peace here, so I guess I'll stop now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The secret B-movie password . An underused resource. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.