Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:17:34 PM
713361 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bill Paxton « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Bill Paxton  (Read 5468 times)
John
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2002, 01:34:40 AM »

>Goody, I can put him next to my incredible hulk action figure

Check your local KB Toys. TRU might have them too, haven't been there in a while.

Darkness
Darkness 2
Susan
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2002, 01:55:23 AM »

I go to kb toys alot and haven't seen it. Would he be next to the care bears? lol

I just have a mental image of mothers across america walking down the aisle and getting a load of him ;-)

John
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2002, 02:49:24 AM »

>I go to kb toys alot and haven't seen it. Would he be next to the care bears? lol

Nope but he is usually in the isle with the Star Wars figures. Actually, look for the Spawn figures, since he's from the same company. Also check out the Djinn from Wishmaster, the Tooth Fairy from Darkness falls (two versions from what I've heard, open & closed mouth), Jason X, Sarah Connor from Terminator II (three different head versions I've read) and a very nice Terminator Endoskeleton that would be absolutely perfect if it didn't have giant platforms for feet. I may have to get a second one just to try shortening the feet to realistic proportions. Coming soon is a boxed Alien vs. Predator set that puts virtually every other action figure of these characters to shame.

>I just have a mental image of mothers across america walking down the aisle
>and getting a load of him ;-)

I'd love to see Jerry Falwell's reaction to it. :)

Actually, I was in my local toy store when series 3 had just come out and a mother was looking at the two Thing figures (bloody dog tower & Norris's head on a stalk, plus the head-spider) and she commented "Who'd buy their kids these disgusting things?" I wonder if she ever saw the 'bloody' version of Leatherface from series 1 with a severed arm & head in a bucket. :)

Or these figures from Clive Barker's Tortured Souls;

Totured Souls

Strangely, none of the mainstream toy stores seem to carry them...
Susan
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2002, 12:28:39 PM »

I really think you have to be joking. "Legend" is upteen years old, why would the lord of darkness figure still be on shelves? I know some toys are making  a comeback (like carebears and such) but I can't imagine...particularly it being sold at a real kids toy store unless it specialized in adult collectibles.

I would have LOVED to have that figure if it had come out in the day when i was younger and playing with barbies. I used to have a mixed variety of toys I would use to play with my barbies (who would frequently get kidnapped and held hostage by the hulk doll while the barbie village was under attack by battlestar galactica ships) I had one barbie that wasn't a real barbie, she was my first doll and a cheap lightweight plastic thing I got overseas. Yo could easily remove all her limbs and sometimes the captor would send a limb to the others to show he was serious...lol. Then I had the plastic lion who's mouth would open when you flipped the switch on his stomach. You know, i STILL have these toys. Everything these days has sound effects and falls apart. I saved all my dime store toys, including my tomy pocket games.

Yeah..i wasn't a normal child. I was a bit of a tomboy and I had all these dolls..what's a girl to do? ;-)

Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2002, 04:25:01 PM »

No joke; McFarlane Toys released it as part of their "Movie Maniacs" line. Previous figures in the line include Ash (and Bad-Ash), Leatherface, and the oh-so-wrong Norman Bates action figure (with removable wig!), and all were released in mainstream toy stores. Czech it out at http://www.moviemaniacs.net.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2002, 04:36:26 PM »

Damn, toys that I SO needed when I was a kid (but I still get 'em now)

I have

Michael Myers
The Thing (both versions)
The Fly
Scream
And the oh so wrong Norman Bates

on a completely unrelated note

FULL MOON TOYS!!!

I also nabbed a Totem doll (from Puppet Master 4) and an original Tunneller as well.

Godzilla?

Roaring SpaceGodzilla, King Ghidorah, and Biollante, and some Godzillas to keep 'em in line (which is hard, they keep climbing off my bookshelves and scuttlin into my son's bedroom).

Being a Dad is cool, I can buy all this nifty stuff and not get a single funny look.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2002, 05:38:42 PM »

Wow!  That's an impressive list of character actors, but you forgot the king of the late-70's through early-90's:  M. Emmit Walsh.  I mentioned him in a recent post for his role in "The Jerk," but he was in about half of the movies that came out during the 1980's, usually as a lawyer, doctor, or old curmudgeon.  Probably best known as "Dr. Jellyfinger" in Fletch.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2002, 05:56:12 PM »

Yeah, one or two always slip through the radar.  Another great Walsh is J.T. (he of Breakdown, Needful Things, Backdraft, and Sling Blade).

Emmet is fun to watch, whether it be in Missing in Action or Clean and Sober.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
John
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2002, 09:17:50 PM »

>I really think you have to be joking. "Legend" is upteen years old, why would the

Nope.

>lord of darkness figure still be on shelves? I know some toys are making a

Because it just came out.

>comeback (like carebears and such) but I can't imagine...particularly it being
>sold at a real kids toy store unless it specialized in adult collectibles.

Movie Maniacs series 5 just hit the stores a short time ago. Most of the stores around here also still have a few stragglers from series 4 and even 3 hanging around. The whole line only started in 1998, I think.

Series 1
Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, Eve & Patrick (Species II). With the exception of the Patrick figure, this series came in 'bloody' and a tamer non-bloody version for stores like TRU. The three main killers were splattered with blood (plus Leatherface's severed arm & head weren't hidden in the back of the package) and Eve was available with and without nipples.

Series 2
Michael Myers, Norman Bates (in dress and removable wig), Ghostface, Pumpkinhead, The Crow (Brandon Lee), Chucky (not to scale with the other figures) and a box set of Chucky & Tiffany (from Bride of Chucky, includes Frankenstein version of Chucky)

Series 3
Ash (Army of Darkness), two different Thing figures, Edward Scissorhands, The Fly, Shaft, Snake Plissken and a giant boxed King Kong.

Series 4
Candyman, Evil Ash, Freddy (new version with removable hat), two different Blair Witch figures (original creations by the guy who created Spawn), the T-1000 (Terminator II with interchangable heads, bodies and arms), T-800 (supposed to be Arnold from the end of T2, but he pulled his consent at the last moment, so they had to add more damage to the head revealing more of the endoskeleton) and boxed Jaws set with shark and ship.

Series 5
Terminator Endoskeleton, Sarah Connor, the Djinn from Wishmaster, Darkness, Jason X and the Tooth Fairy (Darkness Falls, two versions) with an Alien vs. Predator boxed set.

Plus there were several 18 inch figures. Except for the Jaws set, and the 18 inch figures ($45 each!) I have all of the above. Well, I haven't finished getting series 5 yet, but give me time. Check this page;

Movie Maniacs

Ask at your local KB Toys, Electronics Boutique, for Movie Maniacs. Strangely, Amazon has Darkness listed as being discontinued or not stocked...

I also have the complete set of 8 inch Universal Monsters (color versions);

Series 1
Frankenstein, the Mummy, the Wolfman

Series 2
Bride of Frankenstein, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Phantom of the Opera

Series 3
The Invisible man, the Metaluna Mutant, the Hunchback of Notre Dame

Series 4
Werewolf of London, Son of Frankenstein (creature), the Mole People

Series 5
Son of Frankenstein (Ygor), Phantom (different costume),  Dracula

The main appeal of these figures is that they're perfect representations of the characters as they appeared in the films. Frankenstein and the Mummy really look like Karloff. Check this page for some (lousy) pics of the first two series;

Universal Monsters
Susan
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2002, 09:42:34 PM »

Given i go in KB frequently I've never seen those items, pumpkinhead? heh..I think the ones near me don't carry them for whatever reason. Maybe too many baptists around here? ;-)

Lord of Darkness bottles my mind..I mean i LOVE him as a villian but overall the movie was and really isn't that popular...not a classic or anything. Wonder if tim curry has lots of dolls from all his movies sitting somewhere. Boy what that shelf must look like

Wonder if edward scissorhands comes with real scissor hands..can't tell from the pics. And what's the fun of a norman bates doll without a little shower? ;-)

John
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2002, 09:58:31 PM »

>Given i go in KB frequently I've never seen those items, pumpkinhead? heh..I
>think the ones near me don't carry them for whatever reason. Maybe too many
>baptists around here? ;-)

I'm sure you can find them online. If series 5 follows the previous ones, the figures should available until at least this time next year.

>Lord of Darkness bottles my mind..I mean i LOVE him as a villian but overall the

Won't your mind smother in that bottle? :)

>Wonder if edward scissorhands comes with real scissor hands

They're only plastic, but they are movable. There's also an 18 inch version, of course with a $30-45 pricetag.
Susan
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2002, 11:03:51 PM »

warning: when i typo I type another word
bottles=boggles  :)

no pinhead? aww

John
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2002, 03:13:43 AM »

>no pinhead? aww

MacFarlane tried to get the Hellraiser license, but ran into problems. Now another company has it, NECA. Supposedly, they're made up of ex-McFarlane employees and they have the rights to do action figures. People say that the figures will be just as good as the Movie Maniac figures. I'll believe it when I see it. I'm hoping for a full set of the original 4 cenobites in the same scale as the MM figures.

They're also supposed to be making Gremlins figures.
JEW
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2002, 04:29:15 AM »

See Paxton in THE DARK BACKWARD...

It has Bill Paxton like you've never seen him before.
Susan
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2002, 03:42:13 PM »

For those who don't remember Paxton's role in the terminator movie as the punk ..here's a pic

http://www.destinationhollywood.com/movies/terminator/images/terminator_01.jpg

hehe!

Btw, in that Dark Backward did paxton have a third arm on his back? I can't seem to recall the movie tho i know i have seen it awhile back ago, maybe i'm getting it mixed up with some kind of tales from the crypt episode.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bill Paxton « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.