Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:52:48 PM
714218 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WILD FIRE Or, the perils of instore radio. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WILD FIRE Or, the perils of instore radio.  (Read 3041 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 10, 2002, 06:25:45 PM »

Got a question....
....Anyone here hate the song "Wild Fire" as much as me?
....I was in a 7/11 the other day, and the background music was a local easy listening station. They played the song "Wild fire".by  Michael Murphy, or Michael Montgomery, or some name like that. That song...has always creeped me out.
....Is this suposed to be ,oh...a love song? A romantic Ballad?? The lyrics are weird! Lets see....the guy is singinging about A/ "The Killing snow" of a blizzard in, i guess, the north west of the old west......B/ The stupid horse , in the Middle of a blizzard mind you!, breaks out of his stall and runs away....and...get this...C/ the guy's wife runs off after the horse!
....And the guy ends the song , telling you he expects his wife to come back...on the horse...after they have frozen to death! I'm sure he intimated that last part....
....Am I the only one who would be calling for the nearest priest, and saying "How fast can you do an exorcisisem, Padre?"
.... are there songs that creep you out...and you know that was not the singer/writers intention?
....Beside the ghost haunt of the thing, it pains me to wonder why the wife wanted the horse so badly....what, the old man not cutting it in ...um...well....
....It just ain't right, i tells ya!
....Is it just me, or do songwriters some times seem myopic to the resaulting product?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2002, 06:35:26 PM »

Flangepart wrote:
>
> it pains me to wonder why the wife wanted the horse so badly.

Dudley Do Right?

"More Than Words" is a song that I think is just wrong...I mean it's some guy begging his girl to make the beast with two backs with him to prove her love to him, just saying 'I Love You' isn't enough.  Got to use 'more than words', gotta slicken up the old one eyed wonder worm.  Pay attention to the lyrics, I'm a guy and I know what he's saying.

And people insist its some kind of romantic ballad.  Makes me shudder.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
John
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2002, 09:20:53 PM »

>"Wild fire".by Michael Murphy, or Michael Montgomery, or some name like that.

Michael Martin Murphy

Personally, I've always liked that song.
raj
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2002, 02:56:55 PM »

I'm blanking on the title, oh wait, "Every Breathe You Take" by Sting, it ain't no love song folks, the viewpoint is from a stalker.  So many people I know think it's a nice little love song.  Oy.
D
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2002, 03:09:24 PM »

How about "Delia's Gone" (sp?) by Johhny Cash. I can only recall one lyric
First time I shot her, i shot her in the side
The rest of the song tells of him shooting her again with a 'sub-machine' and I think it ends with him burying her in a shallow grave. And people wonder why i dislike country music. Or how about all those dead teenagers in cars that were so popular back in the 50's? How the hell did that subject matter get to be so popular?
Give me the Ramones any day of the week
D
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2002, 04:38:01 PM »

I remember one time I went into a Pizza Hut in (I think) Virginia. The entire waiting staff was completely zombified-- mumbling, no eye contact, our order took forever-- and we couldn't figure out what was wrong with them. Until we realized... The jukebox was stuck playing "Tell Laura I Love Her" (the slow, yodeling 50s teenage death song) over... and over... and over...

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2002, 12:07:41 PM »

Oh...my ...God. I'm suprised those poor schlubs haden't slit their wrists en mass!
....One listen to the song, okey. Anymore, and the average human being gets suicidal. I once saw the cover of a vinal album of those "Dead teenager" songs. Had a chick in the forground thinking, "Oh, where can jonny be"or some such, and in the background, through a window, a walking corpse was about to ring her door bell , with a bunch of flowers in his hand.
....Dead teen songs. Attempted profundity by the sophomore set.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2002, 05:33:57 PM »

What's that song..."If I could fly, I'd lift you up" or something like that. At the beginning I'm pretty sure he say's "She's 16 years old". Hello this guy is alot older than 16. That just doesn't sit real well with me.

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
frannie
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2002, 05:55:21 PM »

"I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him bleed"

The man in black had some pretty dark music.
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2002, 08:59:08 PM »

s**t...there was this incredibly scary song I used to listen to all the time at night...

I have it on one of my KaZaA playlists...I'll edit it in tomorrow...

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WILD FIRE Or, the perils of instore radio. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.