Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:30:28 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recycled Music « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Recycled Music  (Read 4420 times)
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2002, 05:42:40 PM »

How about actual film footage that has been recycled?

The greatest example of this is Roger Corman and "Battle Beyond The Stars".  He recycled his own space footage from that movie in about a dozen others

The silliest is probably "Space Mutiny" taking all it's  outer space shots from "Battlestar Galactica"

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2002, 05:57:58 PM »

The greatest example of this is Roger Corman and "Battle Beyond The Stars". He recycled his own space footage from that movie in about a dozen others

*****  Wasn't that the movie that used the same explosion for every time something was supposed to explode in space?  You could literally recognize the individual sparks.  And I do recall this same exact explosion in other movies - including one about a lost kid who takes up with space pirates that used the same doofus spaceship from Battle Beyond the Stars.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Fearless Freep

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2002, 06:26:18 PM »

Wasn't that the movie that used the same explosion for every time something was supposed to explode in space?

Possibly, but that's not an uncommon technique for cheapo movies.

=======================
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2002, 06:58:43 PM »

Personally, I think Corman's most blatant use of recycling was Hollywood Boulevard, where literally every action scene is from a different Corman film (off the top of my head, Bloody Mama and Death Race 2000, though there were many more). To be fair, though, that was a result of Joe Dante and Allan Arkush making a bet that they could outdo Corman's lowest budget.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Fearless Freep

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2002, 07:01:19 PM »

Corman also reused pretty much his own whole scipt between "To Sleep With  A Vampire" and "Dance Of The Dammed"

=======================
Fearless Freep

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2002, 08:40:18 PM »

To be fair, though, that was a result of Joe Dante and Allan Arkush making a bet that they could outdo Corman's lowest budget.

Given Corman's library of films he's produced, etc.. he could probably assemble a movie from a lot of his prior footage, and it would probably be just as *good* as the original

=======================
Squishy
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2002, 02:53:15 AM »

The Gary Sinise bomb (huh huh me make spoiler) Dano mentioned is Impostor. It is supposed to be horrifically bad; apparently it is a thirty-minute TV episode from a sci-fi anthology series padded waaaaaaaaay out with "footage"--including an alien bombardment of New York lifted from "Armaggedon."

"Look! A lesbian--of the FUTURE!!"
--Mike, MST3K, "Time Chasers"
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2002, 04:43:40 PM »

The Gary Sinise bomb (huh huh me make spoiler)
*****  heh heh, that's not bad.

The plot was indeed straight out of the modern day (which is to say the sucky) Outer Limits series and despite the fairly promising cast, it is woefully bad.  There is a whole sub-plot that might have been tacked on for extra length about Sinise teaming up with one of the rabble left outside the protective city domes (social commentary!) to get back in the city to prove his innocence.  Lots of it seemed to rip off Minority Report (although it came out first), such as a scene where a building is scoured with little robot drones and the big-brother is watching you society - except instead of removing his eyes to avoid identification, Sinise removes a little surgical implant that everyone has.  

Avoid this one.  Not even good for a laugh.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Bernie Jacobs
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2002, 05:15:40 PM »

The most blatant case of recycled music that I know of is Ed Wood's "Jailbait" which reuses the whole score (practically) from "Mesa of Lost Women."  Since both movies were produced by the same company, though, I wonder if this was Ed's choice.
frannie
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2002, 05:22:27 PM »

I saw Windtalkers last night.  There were a couple scenes involving the California shelling a Japanese position.  The drop off in film quality was pretty bad as the kept switching from modern film to something that looked as if it had been pulled from the history channel.
Shounen Kakumei Pikachu
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2002, 02:06:15 AM »

hmmm...what about Buck Rogers and Battlestar Galactica?  Ever notice that the launch sequence in both movies only differs in the shots of the actors and exterior shots of the fighters?
John
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2002, 08:14:58 PM »

>hmmm...what about Buck Rogers and Battlestar Galactica? Ever notice that the
>launch sequence in both movies only differs in the shots of the actors and
>exterior shots of the fighters?

Yup. Most of the space battle footage was used over and over. Also check out Airwolf, after the first few episodes, all the footage of the helicopter flying was recycled. In particular, it would be shown flying along with all the weapons deployed, then they'd get to where they were going and you'd get closeup recycled footage of the guns coming out.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recycled Music « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.