Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:01:39 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Which are Better? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which are Better?  (Read 3235 times)
Scott
« on: October 15, 2002, 06:12:08 PM »

Which do you think is most interesting and why?

Jason
Micheal Myers
Freddy Kruger
Hellraiser
Phantasm
Leprachaun
Leatherface
Others?
Susan
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2002, 06:17:35 PM »

I'd say "michael meyers" in the 1st. Frankly the villians I find more creepy are one's that have flaws and actually driven by severe mental problems..lol. Like the serial killer in "Silence of the lambs" (not hannibal)

If you're speaking of "stalker" type films I like the original "Terminator". I don't like it when villians get too "quirky and lovable" like Freddy did.

Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2002, 07:14:52 PM »

The Tall Man. Why? Because you JUST CANNOT KILL THE f**kER. By killing him, all you do is delay the inevitable: his control of the world's dead amassed into a large army.

Honestly, I'm waiting to find out just how the f**k Reg and Mike are going to finally kill him.

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2002, 07:17:31 PM »

I think Freddy has the coolest backstory, but he got so cutesy it was destroyed. C'mon, a child molester and killer dies and comes back , dressed as the stereotyped "stranger" we're told as kids not to trust, and haunts nightmares.

However, the most interesting (as far as the first few films go) is Michael Myers. There's just something so chilling and...familiar...about him standing there staring at you, as opposed to popping out of nowhere.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2002, 07:37:12 PM »

Michael Myers in the first Halloween only - basically because Michael was treated as a supernatural wraith within the story.  His character is entirely created by the observations of others - Dr. Loomis (who constantly refers to Michael as an 'it' or thing), Tommy (who calls Michael the Bogeyman), and Laurie (who repeatedly freaks out simply by seeing him from a distance).  By the end of the movie it has become apparent that Michael as become more than just an escaped lunatic, but an unstoppable supernatural being.  Also Carpenter choose to tell the escaped lunatic story like a ghost story, so it creates an even greater sense of dread.  Michael's bland, everyman appearance also adds something to the mix.

The sequels completely destroyed the mystery and magic that made his so frightening.  Same applies to Pinhead.

The Tall Man is an interesting character who, unlike the other, becomes more fascinating and more of a mystery with each film - the more we learn the less we know and the more we want to know.

Freddy had a great backstory in the first movie, but they watered it down and made him a wise cracking cult anti-hero.  I liked him most in the first...a scarred, dirty old man that hid and snickered in the shadows and delighted in torture.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2002, 09:34:22 PM »

Gotta go with Leatherface (and his family). I like that there's no backstory, and no supernatural explanation-- They're just a bunch of sick, sick people who do horrible, horrible things for no apparent reason. Each member of the family-- Leatherface, Drayton, Grandpa, and the Hitchhiker-- is severely unnerving in his own way, and none can be reasoned with. I guess the reason they're so scary is that they could be real.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
John
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2002, 01:49:42 AM »

I'd have to go with Phantasm and Hellraiser. Both have seemingly unkillable bad guys with otherworldly origins. Leatherface I think is the least scary because he IS human. Why is it that none of the people the family picks on are ever carrying a gun? One guy with a .45 could end the family's threat once and for all. If I'd escaped from them as Renee Zellweger did in one of them (I forget which as TCM has never been one of my favorite series), I think I'd go back there with some heavy firepower and clean house.
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2002, 08:13:07 AM »

I agree with Vermin Boy.  Leatherface is my choice all the way!

AndyC
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2002, 11:57:02 AM »

Hmmm. I always liked Jason, but more for the same reason characters like the Hulk or Juggernaut appeal to me. He could almost have a page of his capabilities listed in the style of the Marvel Universe guide.

I liked the Tall Man, but he was better before they revealed too much about him. The creepy, blunt old funeral director a kid suspects is up to no good, and the mortuary where strange things could be happening. Just the sort of thing any kid might imagine, but this time it's true. The idea that he's been there for at least a century was a nice touch, as was his extradimensional origin and the fact that his true physical form (if he has any at all) is unknown.
Evan3
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2002, 05:49:31 PM »

Who is the tallman, what movie is he in?
AndyC
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2002, 07:37:46 PM »

The Tall Man is the villan in the Phantasm movies.
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2002, 08:06:14 AM »

Believe it or not I've never seen any of the Phantasm films!  Are any of them any good?

AndyC
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2002, 09:54:24 AM »

The first two were great.

The third was the worst, but it did get the original cast back together (only Reggie and Tall Man returned in 2), and had some good moments. Not sure if I like the direction the story took.

I think 4 added some interesting information to build on the backstory. Still, it was't as good as 2 or the original.

All are worth watching.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Which are Better? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.