Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:38:59 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  worst movie on a date ever... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: worst movie on a date ever...  (Read 8896 times)
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2002, 11:34:36 AM »

I took this girl I was madly, hopelessly in love/lust with to see the softcore comedy My Tutor.  I just wanted to sink into the floor.  That was our only date in high school, things changed a tad when I returned from college.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Bernie
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2002, 11:40:09 AM »

Thanks for your warm welcome.  I love what I've seen of your site.  Hope to be hanging around for a while.
raj
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2002, 11:56:51 AM »

A Roman Polanski film I actually liked.  Very intense movie though, and it does not speak well of relationships.  Definitely not a first date movie.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2002, 01:00:43 PM »

Would probably be The Secretary.  Interestingly the funders wanted the woman 'cured' of her masochism.  The director nixed that and stuck with his two lost souls find their mates concept.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2002, 01:01:38 PM »

www.scifilm.org

Chadzilla
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2002, 01:23:58 PM »

The Birthday Girl could be a bondage litmus test, although I think people into that kind of thing really ought to act like adults and have honest discussions about what they want with the people they're interested in.  It's kind of twisted that Bernie's date got offended that he wasnt into what she liked when she didn't even have the guts to be frank about it.  It's like asking someone what their favorite color is and getting mad if they don't say blue.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2002, 04:10:46 PM »

Chadzilla wrote:
>
> www.scifilm.org
>

Thanks, Chad.  scifilm.net will get you there now as well (thought a backup might not be a bad idea after what Andrew went through recently).
Tor
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2002, 03:55:05 PM »

The worst or at least most awkward movie viewing experience I've subjected my girlfriend to was Orgy of the Dead. All I knew at the time was that it had Ed Wood's name in the box, so it had to be a winner. Then it turned out to be 70 minutes of ugly topless women dancing around, coupled with 15 minutes of dialogue. Although the infamous phrase, "More gold! More Gold!!" still pops up during our little hangouts.
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2002, 05:58:52 PM »

I subjected my friend Christine (who I was very interested in a little while ago, but alas she enjoys Canadian hippies that work at Pizza Hut and live right down the street from me more...>= |...) to watching the Insane Clown Posse's first and so-far only movie, Big Money Hu$tla$, two weeks ago...she hasn't looked at me the same since...

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
AndyC
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2002, 11:16:46 AM »

Dano wrote:
>
> I think people into that kind of thing really ought to act like
> adults and have honest discussions about what they want with
> the people they're interested in.  It's kind of twisted that
> Bernie's date got offended that he wasnt into what she liked
> when she didn't even have the guts to be frank about it.

Good point. The worst that could happen if she asked is that they wouldn't continue going out. This is the same result as him not liking the movie. The alternative would be to keep that interest a secret through a relationship, which is not healthy or realistic.

She was obviously just trying to protect herself from embarassment by not revealing anything until she knew where he stood on the subject. In that case, she was well aware that many people would not appreciate her tastes, so her p**sed off reaction doesn't make a whole lot of sense. She obviously thought S&M was weird, or she wouldn't have needed a test.
John
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2002, 12:05:58 AM »

>She obviously thought S&M was weird, or she wouldn't have needed a test.

I don't think it's that strange that she wanted to test his reaction first. Look at how many people hide the fact that they're gay. Now consider the fact that S&M is thought of as even less socially acceptable than being gay. Maybe she was just afraid of being laughed at or having her interests broadcast all over the place.

If any of the regular posters to this board have an interest in S&M, do you think they'd just come out and admit it, risking being treated as a freak by the users who don't share their tastes? Ok, maybe most of the people here are a little more understanding because of the kind of movies we all watch, but you get the point.
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2002, 12:25:10 PM »

Maybe she was just afraid of being laughed at or having her interests broadcast all over the place.
*****  Well, that's a good point and I'll admit I was a little hasty to say folks into that thing should just be frank about it.  But they should be accepting of other peoples' reactions and not get mad if someone -- without even knowing where they're coming from -- says their fetish weirds him out.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
AndyC
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2002, 01:48:01 PM »

John wrote:
>
> I don't think it's that strange that she wanted to test his
> reaction first. Look at how many people hide the fact that
> they're gay. Now consider the fact that S&M is thought of as
> even less socially acceptable than being gay. Maybe she was
> just afraid of being laughed at or having her interests
> broadcast all over the place.

This is exactly the point I was making. If she felt that the odds of a negative reaction were great enough that she needed a subtle test, why should she be offended if that was the reaction she got? Getting all bent out of shape over it didn't help her subtle approach much anyway. The test was not the strange thing - the reaction was.
mark chopper
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2002, 03:36:16 PM »

i dig S&M. i don't really give a s&*# what people think about me.
mark chopper
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2002, 08:22:01 PM »

YEAH YEAH S&M!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  worst movie on a date ever... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.