Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:25:41 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  worst movie on a date ever... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: worst movie on a date ever...  (Read 8964 times)
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« on: October 17, 2002, 12:07:16 AM »

i was watching "blind date" and had a flashback to the worst movie i saw in a date situation.

i don't mean necessarily that the movie was bad, just that it was bad for a date.

it was in high school and on a first date we saw "jacob's ladder"...

...from the front row...all the way to the right.

so basically the movie subject matter, the seating arrangements, and it being a first date, all equalled a pretty trippy situation.

SECOND WORST: also on another first date i saw "natural born killers" and told my date that I DIDN'T THINK THE MOVIE WAS WEIRD ENOUGH...to which she looked at me all funny-like...go figure...

-mr. henry

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2002, 12:22:20 AM »

Took a girl one time to see "Man's Best Friend."  I thought the cat-eating scene was a riot, while the rest of the movie pretty much sucked.  She just stared at the thing in horror.  The funny thing?  She was the one who picked the movie.

That was our first and last date.  

Definitely for the best, since my wife, Katie, was kind enough to sit through "Creatures from the Abyss" tonight (again) after we settled in.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Foywonder
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2002, 01:47:24 AM »

Saw MAN'S BEST FRIEND with a friend of mine. Only entertainment I got the whole film was during the scene where the dog ate the cat and my friend just lost it and yelled out, "I've heard of eating p***y, but this is ridiculous!" The entire audience (all 9 of them) laughed out loud. Man, was that movie awful! You know a movie sucks when even DR. GIGGLES seems good by comparison.
AndyC
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2002, 07:05:31 AM »

Hmmm... I always had the good sense to take a date to chick flicks or popular comedies, at least for the first movie or two.

My fiancee, Lori, seems to have been able to handle almost anything I've subjected her to. Hey, three months after we started dating, she was willing to travel to Chicago and sit through most of B-Fest.

However, I can think of one really bad rental choice I made earlier this year. We were looking for a nice comedy that she, my mother and I could watch. Since we had driven through Battle Creek, MI on the way to B-Fest, The Road to Wellville sprang to mind. I remembered it being a really funny comedy, and a great presentation of medical quackery a century ago. Of course, I first saw it with a buddy of mine when we were much younger, and trends in movies were a bit different. I'd forgotten what a raunchy movie it was.

Now, both my mom and Lori could probably handle this alone. However, Lori was extremely uncomfortable watching this with my mother, whom she was still nervous around at that time. Mom, a church lady type, was uncomfortable watching the movie with Lori, a minister. I was uncomfortable watching it with both of them together, and felt like a complete idiot for recommending it. None of us voiced any of this until later, so we all just sat there squirming through the whole thing, even though we all wanted to shut it off.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2002, 08:03:35 AM »

The absolute WORST movie I've ever taken a date to was "Double Team" with Jean Claude Van Damme and Dennis "Freak" Rodman.  It was a situation just like Andrew's because she picked it!

Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2002, 11:59:25 AM »

The worse movie I ever subjected my wife to was FORTRESS--that one starring Christopher Lambert in a futuristic prison.  When the bully gets a hole blown right through him with a 50-mm cannon (or whatever it was) and then reaches his hand inside the hole before dropping dead was just a little to much for her.

After that I stopped making her watch those kind of movies with me.  She doesn't make me see the latest Meg Ryan movie, I don't make her see the latest Albert Pyun movie.  It's a fair trade.
Redjack
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2002, 12:03:39 PM »

I once made the mistake of taking a girl i really wanted to date to a showing of People under the stairs.    She just couldnt see the humor in it..    Never dated that girl again :(
Evan3
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2002, 02:47:07 PM »

Hm, I took a girl to see Jet Li's the One, what does it mean when Jet Li is cooler and more interesting than your date?
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2002, 03:58:09 PM »

Last movie I went out to see on a date was xXx. I just laughed and laughed at how it was so unrealistic, and she ignored me and watched vin diesel flex his muscles. :P

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2002, 05:04:30 PM »

My worst choice ever was Thelma and Louise.  Never take a girl to a movie that depicts wife beating, attempted rape, and the evils of a patriarchal society.  The most sympathetic male character in the movie was Susan Sarandon's pushover boyfriend who sent money when it was demanded of him.  It turned both of us off.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Bernie Jacobs
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2002, 05:13:05 PM »

Way back in the '70s I went out on a date with a married woman I knew from work while her husband was out of town.  (What can I say, it was the 70s!)  I think both of us were planning on "something happening" after the date until we went to the movies -- and saw Looking for Mr. Goodbar!  

When that was over, we just said goodnight and went our separate ways....

Bernie (another SinCin refugee -- and very glad to be here!)
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2002, 08:52:47 PM »

Sometimes the date is bad for the movie. When I saw Mission: Impossible there was a couple on a date behind me and the woman was about the flakiest person ever, she talked through it and everything that escaped her lips was crazy. When Tom Cruise blew out the window of that restaurant sending fish all over shesaid "Those poor fish!". That was the most normal thing she said. I felt so sorry for that guy.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2002, 09:16:45 PM »

"Bernie (another SinCin refugee -- and very glad to be here!)"

I heard about what happened over there and am very sorry.  I know that a number of the regulars are now over at Gerry Carpenter's www.scifilm.com - which is a great site (if you have not visited yet).

A good number of folks keep the place busy here.  We are usually polite, though sometimes at odds.  Please feel welcome and have fun!

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Neville

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2002, 05:58:58 AM »

I once took a girl to see "The people vs Larry Flint", and it was our first date. To tell the truth, we both chose it, and we both really enjoyed ot, but it felt sort of strange to watch a movie with quite a lot of nudity with her sitting by my side.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Bernie Jacobs
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2002, 10:16:18 AM »

One more "Date Movie From Hell" experience -- about 8, 10 years ago a woman on a first date insisted we go see (I think this is the title) "Bitter Moon", a sick little flick about an absurdly destructive relationship.  After the movie, I was laughingly ripping it apart as one of the silliest things I had ever seen.  She got very offended -- I finally figured out she was really into S&M and the movie was her "test"!

We didn't go out again...
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  worst movie on a date ever... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.