Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 11:36:20 AM
714262 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7737 Members
Latest Member: NannieHime
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Homages « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Homages  (Read 1462 times)
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« on: October 17, 2002, 11:04:09 PM »

What's you favorite B-movie homage? The Sam Raimi-Wes Craven-back-and-forth or something else? One I really liked that never happened: In Romero's Resident Evil script a character says, "It's like Night Of The Living Dead!". Classic.

If I were making a zombie movie this would be an excerpt from the script-

Our Hero enters the SHED. He sees a GARDEN TROWEL, a SAWED-OFF BOOMSTICK and CHAINSAW and a LAWNMOWER. He goes with the ELEPHANT GUN.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2002, 11:26:36 PM »

My favorite was part of a longer comedy-sketch movie called "Amazon Women of the Moon."  Ed Begley Jr. played "Son of the Invisible Man."  The premise is that he is the Invisible man's son who also made an invisibility formula.  It drove him mad and made him think he was invisible... but he wasn't.  He reveals his "invisibility" to a friend - played hilariously by an actor I've never seen before - and despite his friend's protestations he runs naked to a local pub for some "invisible" fun.  The regulars at the pub have seen it all before and play along until the cops arrive.  Hysterical.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2002, 01:50:12 PM »

Dano wrote:
>
> My favorite was part of a longer comedy-sketch movie called
> "Amazon Women of the Moon."  Ed Begley Jr. played "Son of the
> Invisible Man."  The premise is that he is the Invisible
> man's son who also made an invisibility formula.  It drove
> him mad and made him think he was invisible... but he
> wasn't.  He reveals his "invisibility" to a friend - played
> hilariously by an actor I've never seen before - and despite
> his friend's protestations he runs naked to a local pub for
> some "invisible" fun.  The regulars at the pub have seen it
> all before and play along until the cops arrive.  Hysterical.
>
>

And as he's carted off he cries out 'Don't touch me there!'

Favored in-jokes

In Tobe Hooper's Invaders from Mars, the original Head Martian's glass bowl prop is illuminated by a police officer's flashlight.  The police office is played by Jimmy Hunt, who played the young lead in the first movie.

In the otherwise worthless pile that is Return of the Living Dead Part 2, Thom Matthews says to James Karen "I feel like we've been through this before, somehow, somewhere."

Kevin VanHendricksomethingorother sits down on a subway car with his Beliah basket across from the lead and his two-timing girl in Henenlotter's Brain Damage.

A movie theater in Dirty Harry is showing Play Misty for Me.

Fast forward and stop during just about any Joe Dante movie - there is a nifty in-joke to me found.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Steven Millan
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2002, 02:44:11 PM »

Since "Star Wars",way too many films have done too many countless homages to others films,instead of just the filmmakers using their own smarts to create their own original scenes,which is what fans crave for every filmmaker to always do.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2002, 05:57:15 PM »

Not really a b-movie, but I love how Twin Peaks cast Richard Beymer as the greedy millionaire and Russ Tamblyn as the hippified psychiatrist; Beymer and Tamblyn were the original leads in West Side Story (later on in the series, they did a similar Mod Squad reunion).

And, of course, there's the intricate web of self-references in the films of Kevin Smith.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
John
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2002, 08:33:36 PM »

In Phantasm II, an undertaker is seen putting ashes in a bag with the name Sam Raimi on it.

In Stephen King's Sleepwalkers you have cameo appearances by King, John Landis, Joe Dante, Tobe Hooper and Clive Barker.

In Wayne's World II (I think), Robert Patrick reprises his T-1000 role.
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2002, 03:00:29 AM »

One I've always considered fitting was Roger Corman' s appearance in Silence Of The Lambs. If the same film were made by Corman it would be considered a trashy exploitation pic, but thanks to his extensive filmography mainstream moviegoers were more willing to accept such a movie, thus it was an Oscar-winning blockbuster.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Homages « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.