Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:54:22 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Beautiful" People « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Beautiful" People  (Read 3912 times)
AndyC
« on: October 21, 2002, 11:40:22 AM »

Watching TV at a family gathering last night, I caught part of The Stepmom (I was outvoted). Where did Julia Roberts get this reputation as a beauty? I've been asking this for years. Great big lips and great big teeth. I can generally appreciate unconventional beauty, I've never found her attractive. Things just don't seem to fit together right.

Same with Barbara Streisand. I've said it before and I'll say it again - she looks like Mel Brooks in drag (with apologies to Mel Brooks).

Same thing goes for the guys. Saw a recent picre of Leo DiCrappio. Seems he's gone from looking like a wuss to looking like a drug dealer.

And am I the only one who can't watch Josh Hartnett without staring at the giant mole on his neck? He also looks like an incredible wuss.

Not saying I'm any prize. Far from it. I just find it hard to believe that these people are being held up as great specimens.

Any others?
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2002, 05:24:24 PM »

I never understood why female wrestling fans swoon over Jeff Hardy, when he looks just as ugly as me when he's showing off his profile...

As for actors/actresses, I never truly understood what was so hot about the entire "blonde hair, skinny body, big fake breasts" look. Just looks so artificial to me. I likes some chub, or at the very least a girl that looks like she can actually BE from my neighborhood (hence why I have a major lust for Natasha Lyonne and Clea DuVall).

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2002, 05:46:11 PM »

Julia is never gonna do it for me.
....The chicks in "Our man Flint"...now that works, brother!
....Just enought "Substance" to look well cared for, and enough curvature for fun.
....Anorexia is not my idea of cute.  Julia need a good meal or two. Or three...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Evan3
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2002, 06:02:24 PM »

I must agree, but I hate to say it because people usually jump down my throat, but Julia is not HOT she is ok, but those lips..... And what is up with Brad Pitt's beard and whats the deal with this Justin Timberlake person??? They dont look like anything great. Now Hugh Grant is cool and as for women, I am a big fan of Britney, Naomi Watts and sometimes Sarah Michelle Gellar (shes JEWISH Yay) And of course you cant go wrong with Audrey Hepburn, if anyone even remembers her
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2002, 06:54:26 PM »

Clea DuVall *sigh*...

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2002, 10:13:44 PM »

I second and third the Julia Roberts vote.  So what.  Same with Streisand.  Her most realistic role was when she played a guy in Yentl.  Blech.

To this list I would add Deborah Winger (3-pack-a-day voice)
Meg Ryan (she's not cute, she's annoying and doofus)
Cate Blanchett (Galadriel??  They should have got Emmanuelle Beart)
and...
Jennifer Anniston (way over-rated and I hate that character she plays on the Friends).

Also, here's some actresses who WERE beautiful and aged really really really really really really badly: Teri Hatcher (has anyone seen the latest Zenith commercials with her and Howie Long??  Ack!) and Jessica Lange.

No comment on guys really, although I thought that American women's brief love affairs with Hugh Grant and Gerard Depardieu were sort of weird.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
John
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2002, 01:23:00 AM »

I agree about Roberts, I've never really liked her.

Here's another guy; Freddy Prinze Jr. I saw some show naming him as one of the most handsome young actors today, but to me he just looks weird and a big doofus. Why they picked him to play Fred in Scooby Doo, I'll never understand.
AndyC
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2002, 03:15:04 PM »

Andrew Crow wrote:
>
> I never truly understood what was so
> hot about the entire "blonde hair, skinny body, big fake
> breasts" look. Just looks so artificial to me.

True, it's sort of an amalgamation of things that a lot of people generally like, so it's generally used as an image of beauty. It's kind of like the aesthetic equivalent of a processed cheese slice. A lot of people can eat it, but it lacks the character of a genuine brie, gouda or havarti.

For me, it's usually the petite brunette in the pixie haircut and glasses, presented as the movie's plain girl, who gets my attention. Leggy chicks with long blonde hair are appealing too, but they too often seem to be the preference of people with no imagination, who prefer what popular culture has always told them to prefer.

It gets even weirder when the shapely blonde is exaggerated to the point of being a caricature. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought Pam Anderson was downright scary for a while there.
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2002, 03:27:24 PM »

True, it's sort of an amalgamation of things that a lot of people generally like, so it's generally used as an image of beauty.
*****  Sort of like haute coture?  Those garish hilarious clothes that models wear which serve as the basis for designing more understated clothes that people actually like?  Interesting thought.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2002, 03:28:29 PM »

Flangepart wrote:
>
> ....The chicks in "Our man Flint"...now that works, brother!

60s chicks rule!  Ann Margaret was a goddess!
raj
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2002, 03:40:14 PM »

Count me among the non-fans of Julia.  She's ok, but not great.  I don't really have a type, as long as she's real (no fake boobs, no bleach blond).

I do think Sherilyn Fenn and Jaqueline Lovell (caught Head of the Family on SCI-Fi Sat. night) are underrated.
John
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2002, 02:32:16 AM »

>I do think Sherilyn Fenn and Jaqueline Lovell (caught Head of the Family on SCI->Fi Sat. night) are underrated.

Make sure you see the uncut versions of Two Moon Junction and Head of the Family. Also, a user named Maverick has been posting a series of mpegs of Jaqueline Lovell to alt.binaries.multimedia.nude.celebrities and alt.binaries.tv.shaggable.babes (among others).
raj
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2002, 10:57:39 AM »

Thanks.
And it was quite laughable to see her body basically blacked out in several scenes.  Laughable, yet infuriating.
John
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2002, 09:26:56 PM »

Actually, it's fairly hard to find a Jaqueline Lovell where she keeps her clothes on!
John
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2002, 09:27:35 PM »

Argh! A Jaqueline Lovell MOVIE...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Beautiful" People « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.