Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:45:09 AM
714308 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Omega Man"- greatest B-movie... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Omega Man"- greatest B-movie...  (Read 3447 times)
Mr.E
« on: October 29, 2002, 05:02:37 PM »

Anyone who's seen this knows what I'm talking about. You have Charleton Heston as the last man on earth... except for a horde of zombie mutants. Did I mention an afro-sporting female sidekick? And this movie has the worst effects you will ever see. I mean the blood is obviously paint that is just a shade too light. And the "downer" is classic. This is one entertaining b-movie!
raj
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2002, 05:47:45 PM »

The ending of it is just over the top symoblism.  I can't stop laughing at it when Heston dies.
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2002, 06:33:41 PM »

I love it. Something about Chuck cruising around San Francisco shooting mutant vampires with a submachine gun just seems so right.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2002, 05:14:50 AM »

I love the first 15 minutes or so, those which deal with the idea of how the last man on Earth should behave, but when the albinos and the blaxploitation music kick in I have to switch my brain off if I want to have some fun. Probably that's because I am a major fan of the Matheson's novel the movie is based upon, and my brain keeps on sending alarm messages during the whole thing (i.e. this shouldn't be / look like this! and so on).  

And no, my nickname and me being interested in this topic is not just a weird coincidence.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2002, 09:29:04 AM »

I like this one, because it is a classic b-movie, but definitely like "The Last Man on Earth" (1964) better.  Now, if we can only get good DVD releases of either...

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2002, 01:30:59 PM »

Andrew wrote:
>
> I like this one, because it is a classic b-movie, but
> definitely like "The Last Man on Earth" (1964) better.  Now,
> if we can only get good DVD releases of either...
>

I'm with you Andrew.  While THE OMEGA MAN is great fun, it doesn't have the same impact of the Vincent Price film.
Scott
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2002, 04:16:23 PM »

Yes it is a great film. I just realized the connections between the LAST MAN ON EARTH and NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD and OMEGA MAN.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2002, 01:39:00 PM »

Having seen both movies, I am with Andrew and Gerry on this one. Feeling that the Pirce film was superior to the Heston version. Both films being based on the novel "I Am Legend" by Richard Matheson.Earlier, I did hear of some attempt to do a thrid film version of the novel, though, I haven't heard anything more on it for awhile. Enjoy!
Neville

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2002, 06:37:02 AM »

Last time I heard of it Michael Bay and Will Smith were "in chrage" of the project. God help us. There was a earlier project involving Ridley Scott and Arnold, but it was suspended on the last minute. You can get the script at any film script page. I read it a long time ago and though it was pretty good.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Susan
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2002, 07:44:14 PM »

Can someone explain if the ending with heston is supposed to be symbolic. Obviously his blood is the life that will save the world -but i got weird comparisons with him and jesus since his position was much like crucifiction in that fountain.

John
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2002, 08:49:28 PM »

>i got weird comparisons with him and jesus since his position was much like
>crucifiction in that fountain.

I think that was the point, after all, those that followed him would be cured (saved) and he was killed by the unbelievers.
raj
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2002, 10:48:27 AM »

That's what made me LOL.  This is the guy, after all, who's closely identified with playing Moses.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Omega Man"- greatest B-movie... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.