Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:14:10 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Mick Jagger - Acting God! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mick Jagger - Acting God!  (Read 1746 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: October 30, 2002, 09:42:56 AM »

With a subject line like that, I can only be talking about "Freejack."  Emilio Estevez died in a fiery wreck (impressive how his race car caught air), but actually he did not die.  In the future rich, old men want young bodies, so they pay for people to be snatched from the past.  People who are going to die anyway.  Then the brains are wiped and the rich, old man's mind is transferred.

Issues started off early when the time traveling/snatching crew placed their equipment at the spot where Emilio "died."  That always bugs me, because it makes no sense.  Why the exact same spot?  The Earth has spun and orbited, the galaxy has spun and traveled a huge distance, but to make the time jump they have to be on the exact spot.

In my opinion, this is the big stumbling block in time travel.  Move even a few months in the past and you are sucking the vacuum of space.  Moving through time would either require an anchor (gravity maybe?) or an amazingly complex matrix of where everything is at what time.

Enough theory from a Marine with a high school diploma.

Amanda Plummer makes yet another appearance as someone with mental problems.  This time she is a foul-talking nun.  Rene Russo proves that she cannot age.  And, to top it off, Anthony Hopkins is the rich guy who wants Emilio's body (wait, that sounds wrong).

However, nobody can steal the show from Mick Jagger.  He is British, heartless, wears a funny hat, and every part of his face gets into the roll.  We spent an evening watching this and, whenever Mick did something impressive, everyone would yell, "Mick Jagger - Acting GOD!"

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
D
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2002, 11:43:55 AM »

Andrew
have you ever seen "Ned Kelly"? Mick does godd job in that too (even with the fake beard)
D
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2002, 01:27:01 PM »

For all its faults, it's a very entertaining piece of cheese.  You gotta love the philosophy spouting bum who eats fricasseed river rat.  And the shotgun toting nun.

I remember thinking that the computer generated graphics were SOOOO cool, but they're nothing special today.

I like the funky limos too.

And Mick Jagger--hehe.  I love it when his face keeps popping up on the video screen during the car chase.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2002, 01:45:13 PM »

Gerry wrote:
>
"You gotta love the philosophy spouting bum who eats fricasseed river rat.  And the shotgun toting nun."

The Homeless Prophet!  (Our nickname for the bum.)  How could I have forgotten him?  The only person in the entire movie who gave Mick a run for his money in the acting department.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
yaddo42
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2002, 09:28:16 AM »

He's also in "Performance" and "Bent", haven't seen either, so I can't comment on his acting in either.

Just think, Mick was supposed to be Jason Robards' mentally challenged sidekick in Werner Herzog's originally planned version of "Fitzcarraldo". But the character was dropped from the story when the script was reworked after Klaus Kinski took over the lead role when Robards became ill. You can still see a few seconds of Mick and Jason in a scene in the documentary "My Best Fiend". We may have missed Mick in his full cinematic glory when he didn't get to play that role........

Although Mick playing Keith Richards during a "Weekend Update" segment on SNL years ago was classic.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2002, 08:06:43 AM »

I believe I read somewhere that A Clockwork Orange was originally concieved as a vehicle for the Rolling Stones (presumably with Mick as Alex), with Ken Russel slated to direct. To get a feeling of what Russell might have done with it, watch the Kubrick version in fast forward. :)

I remember my dad and I caught the tail end of Freejack a while back. We didn't know WHAT the hell we were watching, only that it was a sci-fi movie with Estevez, Jagger, and Hopkins. I might have to track it down...

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Mick Jagger - Acting God! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.