Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:19:08 AM
714330 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Space Truckers" « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Space Truckers"  (Read 2604 times)
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 02, 2002, 02:23:52 PM »

Well, this movie kept me company last night, and it was a lot of fun.

Dennis Hopper stars as  a down-on-his-lock, independannt space trucker who desperately agrees to take a load to earth with no questions asked; bringing along a last minute couple of partners who need to get off "The Hub" in space where they are docked.   The load turns out to be a secret android army to take over the world and along the way they get captured by space pirates (lead by the rebuilt cyborg of the scientist who originally invented the androids.

This is a very silly and somewhat stupid movie, similar to Space Balls in some respects.  It's low budget (Stuart Gordon) but colorful with a nice visual look.   It doesn't take itself too seriously, and in a few 'anti-gravity' shots the wires are pretty obvious.   Some fairly crude humour at times, but pretty funny for the most part.

The ending was pretty unnesseccary, though, and felt forced

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
John
Re:
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2002, 04:04:30 PM »

I liked this movie.

"Somebody fragged Saggs"
"You know, I think it was us..."
Fearless Freep

Re:
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2002, 04:06:57 PM »

There were quite a few good lines in the movie,; I think I'll have to re-watch it just to catch them all.

=======================
Steven Millan
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2002, 06:02:48 PM »

I'll have to re-watch this movie again,since it's been quite a while since I saw it,but do remember certain scenes(Debi Mazar and Stephen Dorff's sexy romp in space,Charles Dance as the half-cyborg villain,and George Wendt getting sycked straight into space,and the ending),those cool looking killer robots,and what the ending was about(as well as the plot).
Neville

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2002, 11:34:18 AM »

Yeah, it had some nice lines. Loved Dennis Hopper lines when he asks Stephen Dorf to surrend and expect not to get killed. Never understood why he was that enthusiastic about the other couple getting married. Undercover revenge, maybe?

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Tor
Re:
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2002, 05:34:59 PM »

Space Truckers! I remember that! Shocking to see Dennis Hopper in such a turd. The Nonsensical ending was amazing!
Fearless Freep

Re:
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2002, 05:54:59 PM »

The Nonsensical ending was amazing!

It felt very tacked on, trying to draw up loose ends that didn't matter and contridicting the very existance of much of the motivations of the rest of the movie.

Why would The Company need a super-android army if they were just going to buy out the world goverment?

=======================
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Space Truckers" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.