Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:23:16 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ever Walked Out On A Film?? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Ever Walked Out On A Film??  (Read 8795 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: November 04, 2002, 07:02:24 AM »

I've only walked out on one film in my life and that was "Chasing Amy".
    I went with my good friend Chris and about 1/2 hour into it I leaned over to him (always have to have that empty seat separating us...it's a guy thing) and whispered to him that I thought it sucked.  
    He agreed.
We managed to stagger through most of it until Ben Affleck's character decides he wants to have a hetero/homo menage a tois.  (I think I spelled that right)
   I myself am straight although I do have a few gay male and female friends whom I trust and respect so I'm not new to that kind of thing.  Homosexuality plays a big part in this movie but it wasn't that.  
I just couldn't put my finger on it.
I leaned over to him and whispered "let's get the hell out of here."
He again agreed.
    We walked out.
All through the parking lot and as we were getting into the car and even as we were buckled in on our way to wherever it was we were going (I don't remember) we exchanged b***hing and complaints about the film and how we had wasted our money and had felt that we had been ripped off.
I am a big fan of most of anything Kevin Smith puts out although at that time I was having serious doubts..
    I guess I had the wrong mindset going in all along.  
I was expecting "Clerks" or "Mallrats" and what I got was something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!  
To tell you the truth I have watched this film on video since and actually liked it better the second time around.  
    It wasn't bad at all.
 A second viewing CAN change your perspective!
My question for all of you is this:  
Have you ever walked out on a movie and if so, which one was it and why did you walk out on it?

Andre Toulon
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2002, 10:48:35 AM »

How many times I've walked out on a film: Once
Which film: Johnny Mneumonic
Why: Have you seen it?  If you have, you'll understand why I walked out.
Neville

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2002, 11:19:07 AM »

Never ever. I go to the movies to spend my time, so usually I have nothing better to do than watch the damn movie, even if it is a bad one. Not that I haven't though of doing it several times. Probably the time the need was more urgent was when watching "Dean Koontz's Phantoms". I found it terribly slow and boring.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Will
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2002, 11:42:09 AM »

I walked out on Mrs. Doubtfire. It was the most insulting thing I'd ever seen.

Splunge
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2002, 11:45:39 AM »

I didn't even walk out on "Scary Movie 2" and "Blair Witch 2". I consider myself a hero!
Fearless Freep

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2002, 12:28:48 PM »

I've never walked out on a movie.  I rarely see movies in theaters so when I do, it's for particular reason. A movie I especially want to see in the theater.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
The Honn
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2002, 12:36:45 PM »

Yup, I walked out of Pearl Harbour. Its not that I was really offended or anything silly like that but the film was so BAD and I was BORED OUT OF MY DAMN SKULL. I never knew the Americans got revenge by sending 4 guys with handguns to the east to take out the entire Japanese army themselves.
str0ntiumd0g
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2002, 12:54:49 PM »

I always refuse to walk out on a movie but Jeepers Creepers had me practically pulling my eyeballs out of their sockets to end the suffering.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elder berries...
Andre Toulon
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2002, 01:04:33 PM »

With regards to Pearl Harbor - the Dolittle Raid did actually happen in WWII.  I don't recall the movie attempting to portray that the Americans took over Japan with the Dolittle Raid.  It was a morale booster.  

My beef with the movie is that they tried to cram that ending (which was a separate event in itself) so that the viewers wouldn't go home in "defeat".  Totally ruined it IMO.
mark chopper
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2002, 01:17:42 PM »

i walked out on the Bone Collector, & it was a free viewing (ha ha!). i think the movie just absolutely bored me, it had no gore in it, the plot was totally predictable and lacked any kind of tension. i'm a big fan if films that probe the dark side of the human psyche like "Seven" & "Henry: Portrait of Sereal Killer." but i just felt the bone collector was such a typical psycho-on-the-loose-sereal-killer film that are made a dime of dozen it lacked anything in it that could make it pack some punches. plus it looked the director totally went out of his/her way to make Angelena Jolie look like s**t. by the way does anyone wanna buy a mini-Bone Collector poster?
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2002, 01:45:30 PM »

Never walked out of a theatre. Usually, if I'm going to pay $12 to see a movie, it's one I really want to see. Even if it's a disappoitment, it's never so bad I'd want to leave. Besides, I'd want to see the whole thing, even if it was bad. If anything, I could formulate a better complaint.

Still, I have turned off a couple of rented movies. Most notable was Silence of the Hams. Somebody without a sense of humour thought it would be easy to make an Airplane!-style poof of thrillers. Looked like they got a bunch of fifth-graders to write the gags. I shut it off after about 15 minutes. Nobody complained.

I've also left a drive-in during Wrongfully Accused, a Leslie Neilsen spoof of Fugitive-type movies, written by the same bunch of fifth-graders. Of course, it was the last movie of an all-night long-weekend quadruple feature. We decided it wasn't worth losing any more sleep and left.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2002, 02:05:30 PM »

I think that problem with this movie is that it tried to change gears from comedy into something like a romantic tragedy.  The abrupt shifting of gears was, to say the least, not smooth.  I finished watching it, but am not proud of that fact.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2002, 02:31:13 PM »

A lot of otherwise good comedies have been ruined because somebody felt it necessary to give them a serious side. Not that it's a bad idea, but too often there is, as you said, an abrupt shifting of gears.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
akiratubo

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2002, 02:44:52 PM »

I have walked out on "X" (an anime), "The Sixth Sense", and "Signs."

I wanted to walk out on "Reign of Fire" but I kept thinking, "Something good will happen at the end.  Something good will happen at the end."  Nope, nothing good happened.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Fearless Freep

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2002, 03:04:51 PM »

"Something good will happen at the end. Something good will happen at the end." Nope, nothing good happened.

Sure it did, it ended :)

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ever Walked Out On A Film?? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.