Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:50:45 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A list actors in horror films « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: A list actors in horror films  (Read 5359 times)
Kyla
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2002, 11:43:02 AM »

wow... i don't know.... i guess i shouldn't knock someone for thier personal taste in movies... but... i totally have to disagree with you

Cathy Bates did a very good job in Misery
i thought she played the role very well
she freaked me out!
especially where she bashes the guys legs in ! i STILL cringe at that part.

Sigourney Weaver desperate?
i doubt she was desperate, she probably made quite a bit of money from the Alien movies, not that i am a big Alien fan... but the first one is very good, and they rest follow in order and decline as they go on.
I have seen her in some other movies, and always thought she did a good job.

Haley Joel Osmet.... well you can say what you want about that kid...
but damn!
he is super talented, and very smart
and he was acting WAY WAY WAY before Sixth Sense came out
and still continues to do so
and does an EXCELLENT job, he might be known as the "sixth sense" kid to some people.. but i suppose those would be people who don't know about his previous achievments and all the ones he as done since

and you say those were bad movies for all of them....
probably not....
i am sure they all made TONS of money, and got lots of recognition for thier roles

like i said before i think you and i just have VERY different opinions which is cool
i don't want everyone to agree with me
that would suck

but again i must disagree...
Vin Disel.. well i actually liked him in Pitch Black..
but other than that movie...
i can't stand him
he annoys me

Elijah Woods in the Faculty??
i hated that movie as well
he is also another actor that has been in the business for a long long time
he did a TON of stuff as a kid

well.. i am not trying to p**s you off
ahahah
sorry if i did
i just TOTALLY disagree with you on some aspects here...
i disagree because i think the actors you knocked are good in my opinion, and also the movies you mentioned in your first post..... i was never aware that most of those were "horror" movies

ahahah
oh well
to each his own!
have a good week
Evan3
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2002, 03:28:38 PM »

whoops, I ment James Woods in John Carpenter's Vampires, you may not know him, but you will recognize his voice. Also, I was wondering weather to include Bette Davis, because she did indeed star in a lot of great movies, but I wouldnt necessarily call them horror/sci-fi just dark and she always turned in a riveting performance.

I also think that we chould include Cary Grant and that guy from Its A Wonderful Life (whats his name?) For their many roles in Hitchcock movies.

Finally, Kyla, I meant that those movies were bad not because they didnt make a lot of money, but because the actors have never moved on successfully.  Sigourney took the roles to get money, but probably because she couldnt get another more decent one. Also, it doesnt matter, what they have done before, it matters what you do when you are famous. Haley Joel Osmet hasnt made it past the Sixth Sense yet, Remember the Pay it Forward bust (which seems to have ended Helen Hunt's career, academy award to a minor role in Castaway) and then he stars in the hugely disappointing and terrible movie A.I. which almost knocked out Spielburg too (thank god for the wonderful Mnority Report, what a good movie). I enjoyed Vin Diesel in Pitch Black, and nothing else, but for some reason XXX and Fast and the Furious were very liked and successful (I dont get it)
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2002, 03:46:03 PM »

Sigourney took the roles to get money, but probably because she couldnt get another more decent one.

Other than the GhostBusters movies, and Galaxy Quest, and others... In between and since the Alien movies she's done quite a bit, some good, some not, so you really can't relate it back to her Alien appearances.

Keep in mind that Weaver actually really liked the later movies, especially 3, because they were more introspective about the Ripley character, and that's appealing to an actor.  I think she's on record as saying the 3 was her favorite and from a fans point of view watching it, that may sound silly, but if you think about it from an actors point of view, she got to deal with more drama and emotion than the first two.  That's something that actors like doing.

I also think that we chould include Cary Grant and that guy from Its A Wonderful Life (whats his name?) For their many roles in Hitchcock movies.

Jimmy Stewert.  I don't think at that time appearing in a Hitchcock film has quite the same meaning as somebody appearing in a horror movie today

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2002, 03:59:34 PM »

Haley Joel Osmet hasnt made it past the Sixth Sense yet,

He's 14 years old and Sixth Sense only came out three years ago.  Come back in ten years and see if he 'made it past Sixth Sense'

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Kyla
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2002, 12:44:47 AM »

okay...
i gotcha.....
John
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2002, 04:25:02 AM »

Hmm, thought I posted this, but I guess not...

>whoops, I ment James Woods in John Carpenter's Vampires

I know, I was just giving you a hard time. :)
Creepozoid
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2002, 10:24:34 AM »

Evan3 wrote:
>
> On almost every entertainment magazine that I have seen,
> Naomi Watts keeps being listed as on of the top 25 rising
> stars in Hollywood (and she is attractive to boot, great
> eyes) anyways, if she is getting so famous, I think it is
> interesting that she chose a horror film.... the Ring, as her
> newest movie. I think she did really well in it and I wonder
> what other A-list, or at least, mainstream actors, have gone
> into horror films, cheesy or not, and here are the ones I can
> remembe. Also, I think it is such a career risk to do any
> sort of scary flick
>
> Good:
> Gregory Peck in the Omen
> Elijah Woods and Josh Hartnett in the Faculty
> Donald Sutherland in one of the Invasion of the Body
> Snatchers remakes
> Denzel Washington in Fallen
> Kevin Bacon in Tremors
> Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman, and Kevin Spacey in Seven
> Vin Diesel in Pitch Black
> Bruce Willis in Sixth Sense
> Anthony Hopkins in SOTL
> Kevin Woods in John Carpenter's Vampires
> Arnold Shwarzeneger in Predator
> Neve Campell in Scream
>
> Bad:
> Kevin Costner in Waterworld
> Haley Joel Osmet in Sixth Sense (he really annoys me)
> Vincent Price in almost all of his movies
> Arnold Schwarzenager in End of Days (I thought it was good,
> but changed my mind later)
> Sigourney Weaver in almost any of the Alien movies
> Nicholas Cage in Kiss of the Vampire
> Cathy Bates in Misery
> Liam Neeson and Owen Wilson in the Haunting (so bad)
> Josh Hartnett in Halloween H20
>
> Well, that is my list. Do you agree or disagree. Do you know
> what else is out with famous actors? Do you think they take a
> big risk when they do this? Let me know.

Someone sure didn't know where the talent was to be found in SIXTH SENSE. Add the all-time great Jeffrey Combs to good. Hartnett is one of the least talented ever to walk on a set. Cathy Bates, Sigourney Weaver, and Vincent Price were great in all of their roles.
Pokethulhu
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2002, 12:39:13 PM »

How about

Clint Eastwood, who made his first (and uncredited) big-screen appearances in 1955 (ta-da) with :

Revenge of the Creature
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0048554

and

Tarantula
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0048696

Now that's someone who moved up the ladder after appearing in a horror film.
Evan3
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2002, 05:00:21 PM »

First off, that Clint Eastwood fact was very cool. Thanks.

Creepozoid wrote:
> Someone sure didn't know where the talent was to be found in
> SIXTH SENSE. Add the all-time great Jeffrey Combs to good.
> Hartnett is one of the least talented ever to walk on a set.
> Cathy Bates, Sigourney Weaver, and Vincent Price were great
> in all of their roles.

Hmmm, Vincent Price I think had much more talent as a writer and idea maker, but often times, his talent fell short. Also, I would agree that Hartnett is not stellar, that is why he is on both lists. He did a good job in Faculty and from what I hear bad in H20.

But in any event, I do know where the talent lies in the Sixth Sense, completely with Bruce Willis. The movie was really about Willis. He totally shed off his previous image as a brainless muscle head during this renaissance (Sixth Sense, Whole Nine Yards, Unbreakable, Rookie) which no other action star has done to my knowledge (see. Schwarzeneger, Stallone.) Maybe Wesley Snipes, but thats debateable.
Then, there is Haley Joel. Personally, he acted like a scared kid. He does good acting with his eyes, but honestly, in A.I. which was a completely different role, he still acted with short breaths, and a look of astonishment. No change. And on ce again, I am not asking about  talent, I am asking about who moved on and when it was wise to be in a scary movie. It was bad for Osmet, no hits since.
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2002, 08:21:44 PM »

Evan, are you mad when you put the Alien films in the BAD category? Ripley (you know, the role that Sigourney Weaver played and is most well-known for) is among the greatest film characters EVER (watch the movies and see the character's evolution, jerky), and Sigourney was excellent in each of them.

I take offense to you calling the films pieces of trash, in all essence, because Alien and Aliens are two films I hold in the highest of regards, and have since I was 6 years old.

Trust me, Weaver does a good-great job in whatever she's in.

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A list actors in horror films « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.