Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:35:07 PM
714316 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Spam, spam and more spam « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Spam, spam and more spam  (Read 7123 times)
Scott Davis
« on: May 09, 2001, 02:54:16 PM »

I remember when I was little I loved spam. I totally hate it now. The whole idea is gross.

Anyways, what I really want to say is that i finally updated my site. I try to do it on tuesdays, but I work on tuesday, and thus I become extremely lazy.

The site has been open for a month tomorrow and we have over 65 reviews!

Late Nite Theater
Fritz
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2001, 05:08:50 PM »

Tut tut, spamming another persons website. On the other hand I do write for your website so I'll let you off.

And it's zombie week
Andrew
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2001, 05:36:02 PM »

I'd hardly consider this spam of any kind.  Making a single post about your b-movie website updating is fine with me.

Considering the second weekend of June should see me in New Orleans for NOWFF, the subject of what canned food to donate came up.  I'm thinking that 10 lbs of Spam would (again) be fitting.

Man, those people are going to hate me.

Andrew
Scott Davis
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2001, 06:03:16 PM »

In store I work at, we have 8 different kinds of spam. Well, only one brand is named SPAM but the rest have weird foreign names and include weird incredients that would boggle your mind!
Fritz
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2001, 06:59:33 PM »

Spam fritters were one of the main school dinners over here in England, it's one of the resons i'm a vegetarian !!!!
FaerieOfDeath
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2001, 10:06:13 PM »

Ever hear of a thing called "potted meat food product"?  I've bought it several times as a gag gift, but nobody has ever worked up the courage to actually consume the stuff, probably because one of the ingreedients is blatantly "chicken fat".
Mofo Rising
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2001, 12:25:12 AM »

FaerieOfDeath wrote:
>
> Ever hear of a thing called "potted meat food
> product"?  I've bought it several times as a gag gift, but
> nobody has ever worked up the courage to actually consume the
> stuff, probably because one of the ingreedients is blatantly
> "chicken fat".

I think you mean "partially defatted chicken fatty tissue".  You know, they could make a sequel to THE STUFF about that stuff.
Scott Davis
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2001, 12:47:07 AM »

my mind just drew a complete blank on what to say.

The damn mice in my head have fallen off their littlewheel and are on strike.

bastards..............
Andrew
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2001, 02:14:39 AM »

Forrest Walter's bad movie site was one of the first I ever encountered.  It's really more a part of the site than the specific focus, but he has a great section called Food I Fear that cracks me up.

Excerpt from Forrest's take on Vegemite:

"It triggered some sort of primitive defense mechanism in Mark...he took a whiff and immediately started batting the air, apparently trying to 'kill the bad thing' hovering in the air around him."

Go and check it out, he has a blurb about potted meat food product.

Andrew
Mofo Rising
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2001, 05:25:24 AM »

Yeah, that "Food I Fear" site is pretty funny, but I recommend this experiment.  Someday, when you have a lot of time, travel down to your local supermarket and traverse every isle.

Me and a friend of mine did this one night, and I was amazed at what I found.  Did you know they sell whole chickens in a can?  No?  How about bacon?  Okay, well no matter where you live, you can find pig's feet in a jar.  Don't believe me?  Go look.

What about MSG?  I thought that was something they banned in the seventies.  No, they just realized it was bad for you in the seventies.  It's still in almost every soft drink, under a different name.  Not enough for you, you say?  Not to worry, they'll sell it to you in a big seasoning jar marked MSG SEASONING.

I didn't know that anybody had a taste for sardines packed in tomato sauce, but there they are upon the shelf.

I find I watch b-movies for a little taste of alienation, but how can brain worms from outer space live up to the otherworldness of my own neighbours?  I mean, my God, who eats sardines packed in salsa, let alone craves them?
Brainmeister
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2001, 05:33:46 AM »

Forget salt and butter; popcorn tastes great with MSG on it!
Fritz
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2001, 06:00:47 AM »

Forget Vegemite, Marmite (made of yeast, oo yummy) is one of the most evil thing i've ever tasted. The funny thing is, before he returned home train robber Ronnie Biggs said it was one of the things he'd missed about England.
Flangepart
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2001, 12:22:26 PM »

Food I Fear...is a fearsome site. You could do a horror movie (Well, documentery) on the processing and preperation of the contents of that stuff. Eyecchhh! And to think this all started with a mention of Spam! BTW, there is a book about Spam, with the script fot the M. Python Spam sketch, included. An entire book! More about Spam then the human mind can Comfortably concive.......
Gerry
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2001, 06:07:34 PM »

I heard from friend that the canadians have a spam equivalent called "spork", can anyone verify this, or was he just yanking my chain?
Scott Davis
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2001, 06:37:49 PM »

Yes, we do have a product called spork.

And its just has gross.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Spam, spam and more spam « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.