Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Coolest Guns « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Coolest Guns  (Read 19279 times)
wheresthecarrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2002, 05:17:01 PM »

I would also like to add that you can't go wrong with a classic....Buffalo Bill's Desert Eagle in Silence of the Lambs....you can't go wrong with a big giant pistol.

"Anybody want a peanut?"
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2002, 07:53:51 PM »

Okay, it may have been a crap movie, but God's (Bill Paxton) sniper rifle from Navy Seals.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Goon
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2002, 09:04:28 PM »

I like the Big F***ing swiss army THING from "The Fifth Element".  Machine gun, smart bullets, darts, net launcher, flame thrower, ice blaster, missile launcher...  and the little red button.  (or is all that over the top?) Boom.
-------ooo-'U'-ooo------Kilroy was here.
Evan3
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2002, 10:28:52 PM »

Oh yeah, whatever guns they used in Enemy At the Gates, the Nazi and Soviet sniper rifles, were really cool.
Cool Tester
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2002, 12:00:09 AM »

Not really a movie, but I always liked the Tachyon Wave Motion Gun from Star Blazers.  And I like the laser gun / missile launcher Peter Strauss used in Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone (I still think that title sounds like something you'd see on Skinamax).  I'm partial to a good ol' fashion laser gun myself.  I want one.  I want one real bad.
wheresthecarrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2002, 01:48:56 AM »

Also, anything with a silencer because of the cool noise.......

"Anybody want a peanut?"
raj
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2002, 11:07:08 AM »

I haven't seen the movie, but offhand I'd bet the German rifle was a Mauser, probably 9 mm.   I've shot an 8 mm mauser, and it'll go through a 4 foot diameter (dried out) log at 25 feet.  Damned nasty & fun.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2002, 11:42:48 AM »

German Gun: Mauser 98K with  6x or 4x scope. Russian Maisan-Nagant 7.62mm with 6x scope.
....Desert Eagle.Hit with the first shot, cause the follow ups take time , due to recoil recovery(Even with a gas operated system).
.... Hand of god's gun? Barrett .50 cal. Major boom Tube! Same as used in "Robocop".
....Quiggly's 45-110 Sharps. You can get a remake from Navy Arms. Sweet!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Evan3
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2002, 04:03:13 PM »

How did anyone not say an uzi. Woo hoo, Uzis are so cool, so effective and so fun and the only weapon for Israelis
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2002, 04:05:10 PM »

Guess I came in late on this thread. Every single one I could think of has been mentioned - the pulse rifle, Savini's crotch revolver, the Runaway gun, even the Wave Motion Gun.

Oh wait a minute, there is the Death Star's planet-destroying primary weapon. That, and the guitar-case bazooka from Desperado.

I have to admit, while there are some really cool pistols, rifles and other small weapons, the weapons of mass destruction have always appealed to me - the super lasers, the nukes, the N2 mines, etc.

The Wave Motion Gun has been a favourite of mine since I was a kid. I think the big production involved in firing it is part of its appeal.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Redjack
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2002, 04:07:57 PM »

I've always been real fond of the Starburst gun from the Logan's Run movie.  took me a few years, but i was able to track down a kit of the gun and rigged it to make that cool flame starburst.
Cool Tester
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2002, 04:22:24 PM »

Damn, I forgot about Desperado.  Kampa and Quino have the coolest guns ("bring your guitars").  My favorite place to keep a gun would have to be a guitar case.

Hey, look, a guy with a guitar.  I wonder if he'll play for... oh s**t!

Forgot about Arnold too:

Plasma Rifle with 40 watt range
Uzi 9 mm
.45 Long slide with Laser sighting.
John
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2002, 05:45:04 PM »

>Buzzsaw Gun...**drools**...I wish I had a computer during the prime of Doom II's
>popularity

Nothing stopping you from grabbing a copy now...

>I would also like to add that you can't go wrong with a classic....Buffalo Bill's
>Desert Eagle in Silence of the Lambs....you can't go wrong with a big giant pistol.

My father owns two of them, .50 caliber magnums. He bought a black one when he heard they weren't going to be available anymore, then when he had the chance, he bought a satin finish one, which is the version he really wanted in the first place. He has a permit and carries it with him.

>Also, anything with a silencer because of the cool noise.......

I've been told that silencers don't actually sound like that. Someone told me that they'll muffle the noise enough that people out on the street aren't going to notice it, but not so much that you could shoot someone in one room without the people in the next room hearing it.

My favorite gun would have to be the .44 magnum Automag from Sudden Impact. That version was made special for the movie because the 8" barrel normally didn't have the (I'm not sure this is the proper term for it) 'fluting' on it. That only came on the 6" models. I think I read that Clint got to keep it too.

Next would have to be the portable railguns from Eraser, followed by the Cobra Assault Cannon.
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2002, 06:29:45 PM »

Nothing stopping you from grabbing a copy now...

Just found my old DOOM II cd a few weeks back and played it through.  That was a lot of fun,,

I've been told that silencers don't actually sound like that. Someone told me that they'll muffle the noise enough that people out on the street aren't going to notice it, but not so much that you could shoot someone in one room without the people in the next room hearing it.

It'd be cool to have a movie that someone relied on a silencer working how they'd seen in a movie, only to have it work 'right' and totally surprise them.

I'm often curious about how much we 'know' outside of our direct experience is really based on T.V and movies and it's *wrong*.  I think a movie where characters try to do something based on 'common knowledge' cultivated from movies and it turns out reality doesn't work like that would be pretty funny.

Does anyone who's never exploded a hand-grenade or shot a shotgun *really* know what would happen?  I know from movies, but that means I probably don't and  were I to really try the pull the pin on a grenade and throw it based on that, I would probably be very surprised.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2002, 07:01:39 PM »

Reminds me of the scene in From Dusk 'Til Dawn, when the characters are formulating their plan and offering what confused semi-facts about vampires they know.

Harvey Keitel: "Has anyone here read a real book on vampires, or are we just remembering what we saw in some movie?"

Tom Savini: "Does a Time Life book count?"

That always makes me laugh.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Coolest Guns « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.