Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:21:07 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Coolest Guns « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Coolest Guns  (Read 19215 times)
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2002, 07:06:07 PM »

.44 Magnum, all the way...just so I could hold it up and say "Ah-ah, I know what you're thinking.  Did he fire six shots or only five?  Well, considering that this is the .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and it could blow your head CLEAN off, you have to ask yourself a little question...do I feel lucky?  Well, do you?  Punk."

I second John's vote on the .44 Automag in Sudden Impact.  Cool looking pistol.

Lee Van Cleef's pistol with attachable riflestock in For A Few Dollars More.

Josey Wales pistols.

Bert's elephant rifle in Tremors.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2002, 07:10:48 PM »

Bert's elephant rifle in Tremors.

Bert's portable rocket launcher or whatever in Tremors 2.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
wuggles451
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2002, 09:51:34 PM »

not really a gun, but the jack hammer/wooden stake in "from dusk til dawn"
there ws this shrapnel grenade launcher in "eraser" that blew up and shot drill bits
and how bout THE BOOM STICK its nothing special its all in the name

Goon
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2002, 10:39:13 PM »

The experimental rail guns from "Eraser".  Big.  Loud.  Mean.  Not something to screw with.
----ooo-'U'-ooo------Kilroy was here.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2002, 10:55:13 PM »

Fearless Freep said:

"Does anyone who's never exploded a hand-grenade or shot a shotgun *really* know what would happen? I know from movies, but that means I probably don't and were I to really try the pull the pin on a grenade and throw it based on that, I would probably be very surprised."

Grenades are pretty simple.  Flick off the thumb clip, pull the pin, get rid of it.  Granted, I've tossed lots and you get the hang of twisting the pin to remove it easier, but they really are easy to use.  Now, let me tell you, if one goes off a few feet away, even on the other side of a bunker wall, your ears will be ringing all day.  (Stupid kid threw it almost straight up.  I  cuffed him upside his head when it was over.)

Then there are all the other types of grenades, but you get the idea.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
peter johnson
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2002, 02:17:49 AM »

This is a very hard question.  I have to root for the "Bert's Elephant Gun" from "Tremors" as well, especially because of its difficulty in breaking down and loading when a monster worm is eating into your basement -- I mean, this is the movies, people, you don't want something that's too damn efficient, you want something that adds to the story.
Also, the revolver that Eli Wallach builds from parts of trashed/junk guns in "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly", and then immediately uses to rob the man watching him build it.  Priceless . . .
peter johnson
BlackAngel
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2002, 02:24:04 AM »

I have two movies in my mind.  Not just for their nicest guns, but also for where they keep them.

Robocop.  This guy has a fully automatic weapon that look more like the traditional handgun than the boxy Uzi.  Bonus, no one can fire on that wepon but the owner (me, hopefully).  And being a cyborg and all, Robo keeps his sidearm INSIDE his left thigh.

Desporado.  Granted the guitar case is good place to put a couple of six shooters, but here's the question: Have you seen in some movies (or in real life) that when the police, bouncers at a club, etc. search you for weapons, they don't really look into the long sleeves of some shirts and jackets/coats?  Picture it:  Banderas jumps on to the bar yells "NOT YET!", and two ballers jump out of his sleeves and he starts blazing the place.  Now how hot is that?

Side note: Speaking of Desporado, I thought that sniper handgun was hot.  But that's cuz it was my first time seeing it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
And may the Schwarts be with you.
BlackAngel
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2002, 02:32:13 AM »

Hey, Andrew.  Would you belive I thew a granade but forgot to pull the pin?  Kinda funny if you were in the army and in the same cycle in 'bama as me.
------------------------------------------------------------
And may the Schwarts be with you.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2002, 03:07:32 AM »

Grenades are pretty simple.

Well, mechanically yeah, but I have no idea what the effect would be.  How big a boom, how loud?  How long, really?  Watching movies, you get the impression that they are anything from 20 seconds till explosion to explode on contact.  What's the impact of one going off next to you?  I realize my whole context for understanding such things is based on what I've seen in movies, which is probably wrong.  If I were ever in a situation where my life depended on knowing anything like that, all I'd have to draw from one be watching movies, and I'd probably be dead.  Same with a stick of dynamite.

Shotguns, too.  I really don't know what they're effective range is, or what something looks like when shot by one (whether a human or drywall) or...really anything about what shooting one entails as far as the results.

Or an exploding car, for that matter.

So, I thinmk it would be interesting in funny if a movie actually handled all this stuff very accurately, but the characters relied on what they'd seen in movies

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2002, 03:43:51 AM »

The movies get it all wrong. Grenades are meant to spread fragmentated bits of shrapnel, but in movies they send out huge fiery explosions. Also, most grenades have a fuse of about 3 seconds, but in the movies they bound about forever. They are usually used for clearing rooms or trenches.

I have a paramedics handbook with lots of graphic photos of different accidents. Believe me, a shotgun blast to a human body is NASTY.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Flangepart

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2002, 11:43:04 AM »

Saw the Eph. of "Mail Call", were Gunny Ermey showed how the Marines teach "Grenade Etiquett".
....The younger Gunny he interviewed said the fuse is a 4-5 second piece, and to keep it from being thrown back, you bounce it off the walls of the room or bunker, and it stays in motion till boom time.
....The kid threw the grenade almost strait up, Andrew? I'd a cuffed him too!
....Am i the only one who thinks Phasers seem...oh...uncool, for some reason?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2002, 12:15:24 PM »

I wondered about phasers too. I'd have to say the only phasers I thought were really cool were the ones introduced in Wrath of Khan. Both the handheld and ship-mounted varieties were much cooler than any phasers I've seen before or since.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
wheresthecarrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2002, 01:35:15 PM »

I know it was a stupid movie, but XXX's gun was pretty cool.

"Anybody want a peanut?"
D
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2002, 01:39:11 PM »

Hey, how nobody mentioned Trigun? Now that had some cool guns. Vash's gun/arm looks cool, and Wolfwood's cross/gatling gun...that's just sweet
D
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2002, 01:57:02 PM »

Geez, why didn't I think of this before. The Man with the Golden Gun. Can't quite remember how it was put together. I believe there was a lighter and a cigarette case and something else. Anybody remember?

Oh, and I used to get a kick out of Megatron's arm-mounted fusion cannon on Transformers. Megatron, himself, transformed into a pretty cool gun, a souped up Walther P-38. Kind of fitting that he had sort of a coal-scuttle helmet. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Coolest Guns « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.