Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:21:28 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  First Snorefest « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: First Snorefest  (Read 2791 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« on: November 11, 2002, 12:56:29 PM »

I think we've all seen movies that are about as much fun as watching paint dry. What was the first movie that actually put you to sleep?

I would have to say that mine was a movie I rented in my teens, called 'The Yin and the Yang of Mr. Go.' It was a really awful movie, narrated by Buddha(!), in which the bad guy is magically turned into a good guy, or something. A friend of mine told me not to rent it, but his description of "there was nothing but a bunch of topless oriental women" was hardly a deterrant. What a mistake that was. This thing had me snoozing in the middle of a summer afternoon.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2002, 01:00:04 PM »

I have a real problem sleeping while sitting upright, so I've never fallen asleep in a movie theater, but watching the video of whatever that Jody Foster/Matt McCaughnehey (I know it's spelled wrong) movie with the aliens was knocked me out faster than fighting Tyson.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
wheresthecarrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2002, 03:26:34 PM »

The first movi that I fell asleep to was JFK

"Anybody want a peanut?"
Scottie
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2002, 03:51:40 PM »

The first 4 times I watched a little delight called Prototype x29A, I fell asleep 1/3 the way through it. I HATE that movie with a passion, and hate is underused when I describe my feelings for the movie.

-Sc0tt~
raj
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2002, 04:49:41 PM »

I feel the same way about Air America.  Horrible film, I'd recommend it as a sleep aid, but am worried that it may have toxic side effects.
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2002, 04:54:50 PM »

Fantasia has always been known to put me to sleep. Anytime my mother wanted me to go to sleep when I was little, she'd pop in Fantasia and she'd listen for the Z's to pour out...

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Scottie
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2002, 11:32:11 PM »

Oh, well if we're talking about falling asleep in a movie theater, then I say that the new version of Time Machine is guilty of putting me to sleep. As soon as he knocked himself out and started moving far into the future, it knocked me out, and I didn't wake up until the next crowd of people collectively shook me on the shoulder. Then I tried to gather my dignity after being seen in that theater after that movie, and I walked out with my face disfigured by seat cushion imprints.

-Sc0tt~
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2002, 01:05:03 AM »

The only movie that ever put me to sleep in the theater was Mission: Impossible. It had been a long, busy summer day and I nodded off in a dialogue scene between Tom Cruise and Ving Rhames. But then the music blared and I was snapped awake.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2002, 06:12:03 AM »

When I was a child, let's say 4-5 years old, I always became bored to death with any black and white movie. I wasn't old enough to follow the plots, and watching washed down people move and speak was just too weird. I remember myself greeting the ad breaks, they were so fast and colourful in conparison that they made me happy for a while.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Brian Ringler
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2002, 02:09:56 PM »

Ok movies that put me to sleep in the theater, Return of the Jedi, Phantom Menace (both of these were because they were midnight showings on days where I had school and didn't get my nap in)  but because of boredom I fell asleep during the matrix and once I finally watched it again, I found that I hadn't missed much.
Redjack
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2002, 09:59:53 AM »

Chick flicks put me to sleep like no ones business. Sometimes I'm asleep before the intro titles have even finished rolling.    

The first film i can remember boring the hell out of me would have been Close Encounters..  I still can't watch that piece of drivel.

I've also never been able to make it all the way through 'Its a Wonderful Life'
ABPOS
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2002, 02:38:44 AM »

id say Slackers was the first movie that made me want to kill the video  store owners for renting it.  also, The Night of Terror made me want to shove a fork in my ear, you know, to have fun

When I die, I want to die like my grandmother who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2002, 12:52:17 PM »

First and last snorefest, so far, Ralph Bakshi's "Cool World." I usually like anything Ralph Bakshi's done, but, that one was so bad, that I've almost forgotten everything about it. Fortunately.  Enjoy!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  First Snorefest « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.