Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:19:58 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Eminem’s “8 Mile” Success Is Bologny « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Eminem’s “8 Mile” Success Is Bologny  (Read 8493 times)
wheresthecarrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2002, 12:35:13 AM »

Some of his stuff isn't that bad....some of it is complete crap.. in general, I think he's incredibly rude, or a poser, or both.  I'm not a big fan of rude people or posers so I tend to stay away from him.  Definately not the least talented person out there....but if I'm listening to rap, I tend to prefer ICP and stuff like that.

"Anybody want a peanut?"
Creepozoid
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2002, 12:59:04 AM »

I think he's a complete @$$.
Brother Ragnarok
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2002, 02:25:19 AM »

Don't forget to add Fishbone, Sevendust's LaJohn Witherspoon, and Chuck Moseley, the original vocalist from Faith No More to your "blacks in the white mainstream" list, Dano.

There's only two things in life, monsters and hot chicks.
 -- Rob Zombie
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2002, 07:52:26 AM »

Just wondering if anybody has an opinion on Eminem in general.
*****  M&M's no different from any other market-savvy pop star when you get down to the bare bones.  He's gone out there and thrown out some lyrics that were obviously calculated to outrage America's touchy over-protective parents (that's about 80% of parents), knowing full well that being labelled a bad seed in the press and by religious and political groups is the surest way to sell lots and lots of records to teenagers.  He's also full of the very same insincere rebelliousness you've seen in music since the later Beatles stuff.  A clear sign of that was when he stood together with Brittney Spears and whined about people downloading his music on the internet.  The message: "beat a fag, kill your mom, but just make sure you show respect for intellectual property rights."  Huh??  The copyright lawyers are M&Ms real old school homies.

In terms of his music, I'll admit that he throws some catchy tunes together, which make his act all that much more attractive to teenagers.  When his star fizzles, he'll have a future writing advertising jingles.

But in the end, he's just a guy out there making money in a distasteful, unrespectable way... but not the MOST distasteful, unrespectable way.  I mean it's not like he's putting stuff in people's water or evicting dirt poor immigrants to build luxury apartments.  He's just making money off hype - there's nothing new or unique about it.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2002, 09:26:53 AM »

SteveO
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2002, 03:08:56 PM »

Everyone in rap has to have an Ego or they will fail.  you can have an Ego no matter what race you are.  If Slim shady has the Dr's blessing to rap, then the race card can be thrown away. cause peace is the way to go
                                                                                                 Peace
                                                                                                           SteveO
Evan3
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2002, 03:59:20 PM »

Honestly, I think that Eminem has a gift with words and really knows the right emotions to touch. He can make you angry, disgusted, laugh or think as evidenced by the number of different emotions we see in this thread.

If nothing else he seems to be straighter (in not being as violent or taking drugs in real life) than most other rappers, like Snoop Dog. Also, I honestly think that  he has more talent and writes better more insightful lyrics than other rappers out there.

If nothing else you have to respect people like Eminem, Britney Spears and Dr. Dre for their incredible business savvy and ability to modl the business. Even if you dont like their music, these people have become pop culture icons and people always like to talk about them, good or bad, once again evidenced by the huge amounts of discussion about Eminem, who has never even been in a B movie, on a site like this. Hate him or love him, you still notice him and that makes money.
ABPOS
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2002, 02:16:29 AM »

Dont forget about rage against the machine

When I die, I want to die like my grandmother who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Eminem’s “8 Mile” Success Is Bologny « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: osmosis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.