Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:48:42 AM
714205 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sheeeesh! That movie gives me the creeps!! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Sheeeesh! That movie gives me the creeps!!  (Read 5973 times)
iloveturd
« on: November 14, 2002, 10:53:39 AM »

just wondering if there was ever a movie that just really creeped you out to the core

mine would probably be Stephen King's "IT"
i have to think about that movie everyday....
when i walk to work, i have to cross the street... well....there are these two HUGE gutter drain things under the sidewalk on both sides of the road where i cross it...
everyday i expect Pennywise to be there...
 waiting...

balloon in hand

"WE ALL FLOAT DOWN HERE!!!"

eeeeeeeekkkkkkkkk!!!

sometimes i even take a longer way to work just so i don't have to deal with those drains......

creepy......

(another clown related issue: the "new" Ronald McDonald FREAKS me out. He is really creepy looking, which is wierd.. i have never been freaked out by clowns in general... but Ronald and Pennywise just bother me...)
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2002, 11:25:33 AM »

I watched "Mimic" on a local theatre to cure myselt of my cocroach-o-phobia. Bad idea. I leaved the theatre in a state of shock and I actually scanned every square inch of sidewalk on my way home. I like the movie and I have seen it again several times on TV. Much less thraumatic this way, but it still seems very scary to me, specially the first half.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
wheresthecarrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2002, 11:36:43 AM »

I saw "Children of the Corn" when I was 8......I still have a rogh time with that one

"Anybody want a peanut?"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2002, 02:28:23 PM »

The movies that always creep me out are the ones that feature somebody intentionally mutilating himself horribly, because of insanity or some evil influence. Event Horizon, Night Breed, Hannibal are examples. They're not particularly good or scary movies, but there's just something really unsettling about the self-mutilation scenes.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
wheresthecarrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2002, 02:32:49 PM »

The best part about "Hannibal" is that after he gets done telling that hideous story about cutting his own face off, he says, "Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time."
hehehe

"Anybody want a peanut?"
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2002, 02:35:59 PM »

I saw "The Car" when I was young and it really creeped me out.

For years I had trouble walking in open spaces at night, fearing I would get run over.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
peter johnson
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2002, 03:03:20 PM »

Hammer's "Kiss of Evil", when the pretty girl you've just seen at the party turns out to be a vampire & practically chomps off Andrew Kier's hand.  The juxtaposition of the pretty girl who you're sort of thinking about in an *attracted* fashion, suddenly becoming this hissing snake-like thing.  I've seen the movie several times over the years, and always get a tightness in my chest when I see Kier about to pull her away from where she's digging in the cemetary . . .
peter johnson
Evan3
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2002, 03:52:50 PM »

I must agree with It, it terrified me. I saw it when I was 8 and had my dad check the bathroom for months before I showered. Still have bad flashbacks.

Also, movies like Jaws, Lake Placid, and parts of Deep Blue Sea really freak me out. I hate that people are so helpless on the water, there is nowhere to go except in the sea, where the monster is! I also hate how you cant see into most water. Even now that I am 19, if I am the only one in the ocean, I get out and wait for other people to go in first.
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2002, 04:11:28 PM »

Jaws.  Saw it in the theater when I was 6 or 7, and for the rest of my life, right down to this day, I cannot be in water without imagining rows of razor sharp teeth just inches from my legs.  Seriously, even in fresh-water chlorinated swimming pools the image comes into my head.  It doesn't scare me out of the water or anything and I enjoy swimming, but I cannot go into water without the thought passing through my head.

From what I've heard, lots of people who saw Jaws as kids feel this way.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2002, 04:51:49 PM »

Dano wrote:
>
> From what I've heard, lots of people who saw Jaws as kids
> feel this way.
>

I was eight years old and I refuse to get in open water, no way.  I refuse to swim in water that I cannot clearly see the bottom of.

A recent movie that creeped me out, The Ring.  This one had me looking around for days afterward.

In terms of simply freaking out, let me share an embarrassing personal issue - I'm afraid of snails.  Yeah, silly phobia to have, but the idea of something slimey and crunchy slithering on me just gives me the willies.  That said, the smothering by snails scene in Fulci's Aengima just makes warp my arms around my head and scream...then run from the room.  Hands down that is the most traumatic scene I have ever had the displeasure of being subjected to.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2002, 04:53:23 PM »

I'm afraid of snails. Yeah, silly phobia to have, but the idea of something slimey and crunchy slithering on me just gives me the willies. That said, the smothering by snails scene in Fulci's Aengima just makes warp my arms around my head and scream...then run from the room. Hands down that is the most traumatic scene I have ever had the displeasure of being subjected to.
*****  Do NOT rent Dr. Doolittle!  It was not intended as a horror movie, but I believe you might have problems with it.
: )

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2002, 05:04:12 PM »

Dano wrote:
>
>Do NOT rent Dr. Doolittle!  It was not intended as a
> horror movie, but I believe you might have problems with it.
> : )
>
>

A giant s-s-s-s-SNAIL!!!!!!!!  Augh!

:-) heheh

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2002, 05:32:16 PM »

Jaws again. Immediately after seeing it (I was maybe 8) I was afraid to use the toilet.

Also, I've said this before but I'm being totally serious, Patch Adams. It's the most sadistic and downright creepy movie ever.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2002, 08:11:48 PM »

Last year I was in a class where we had to study a controversial piece of art and give a presentation on it (I picked Tod Browning's Freaks). One kid showed clips from Titticut Follies, a grainy, uncut documentary on the inner workings of a mental hospital. I consider myself pretty strong-stomached, but some of the images (particularly a patient being force-fed through the nose, juxtaposed with that same patient's funeral preparations apparently soon afterwards) seriously shook me for the next couple of days. Profoundly disturbing stuff, especially since it's all real.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Jermand
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2002, 08:12:00 PM »

Fiend without a face! and from what Ive seen of fiend without a face comments page Im not the only one *phewww* I saw it when I was about 10ish and it still gives me the creeps!!!
-x-
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sheeeesh! That movie gives me the creeps!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.