Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:17:21 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sheeeesh! That movie gives me the creeps!! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Sheeeesh! That movie gives me the creeps!!  (Read 5952 times)
Conrad
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2002, 08:30:37 AM »

I saw it when I was twenty-five and, having smoked several exotic cigarettes not for sale at the shops, I nearly needed new underwear.  I still remember the partly-debrained man crashing into the meeting hall, braying insanely ...

But one that creeped me out was an old B & W one (can't remember the name), made in the US but pretending to be in Cornwall, where a girl returns to live in a haunted house.  No gore or violence, just lots of eerie atmosphere.  Another creepy one is the B & W "House on Haunted Hill" in the cellar scene, where the cellar lights fade out one by one, and the scene in the cellar closet, where the old woman SUDDENLY APPEARS and GLIDES AWAY!!!  Still gives me shivers.

John Carpenter's "The Thing" really sent me paranoid when I saw it at the pictures, looking at everyone passing by on the street afterwards *very intently* ...
Squishy
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2002, 09:45:03 AM »

Yep, "Jaws" again. I can be floating in a tube in a backyard pool and STILL imagine being struck in the back by a freight train with teeth...and then it's MY leg sinking to the bottom and MY head, missing an eye, spinning about in the murk...

And "Grizzly." F***ing movie. I LIVED IN THE WOODS. I had to get out of the car in the woods in the night and open a gate to get home, and I just knew Neal Adams' f***ing red-eyed monstrosity was suddenly going to come bounding out of the trees and THWACK!! Son-of-a-b**** Girdler. I miss you.
ErikJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2002, 10:01:36 AM »

I can't stand movies with any sort of scenes dealing with injections. I have a deep fear of needles.

I also cannot watch films with realistic scenes of cannibalism. I still can't watch Alive. The thought of eating another person just makes my skin crawl.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be
entertaining.

i love turd
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2002, 01:11:11 PM »

i dont' know why i was sooo into stephen king when i was a kid
i am from a SMALL town
so the closest video store didn't have much of a selection on horror movies
they had all the stephen king movies though, so i watched them alot
(i was about 11 or so)
anyway!
i watched Pet Cemetary.... eeek!!
guess what the name of my road was? Stockton Cemetary Road
yes.. i had a graveyard about 150 feet from my house....
so Pet Cemetary started putting scary thoughts in my head
it was all over after i started renting zombie movies....

CREEPY!!
i was terrified everytime i walked to my gradma's house at night or back home....
i thought that i was for sure going to get eaten by SOMETHING......
i love turd
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2002, 01:14:42 PM »

oh yeah.. how could i forget Freddy Crugar??
my FIRST night at home by myself , i just turned 12 years old
i found Nightmare on Elm Street part 3
needless to say...
i scared the unholy s**t out of myself

my neighbor finally came over to check on me after i spent a good 15 mins out in the front yard screaming and crying for help!
(only had one neighbor on my whole road)
(small town...)

i feel sooo stupid for that now....
but it's funny...

those movies freak me out cause you HAVE TO sleep.....
ick!!!!
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2002, 01:48:50 PM »

I will admit here that Prophecy scared the daylights outta me when I was a kid!

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
ahab
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2002, 02:03:54 PM »

There is only one movie that has ever really creeped me out........Gremlins. i don't know why it bothered me but i saw it in the theatre when it came out and it scared the living sh*t out of me for the next few years.

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2002, 05:53:18 PM »

... Deliverance???

Creepiest most uncomfortable movie ever.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
frannie
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2002, 05:55:35 PM »

you got a purty mouth!  squeal like a pig!
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2002, 06:06:53 PM »

Ooh, good call on Haunted Hill! No matter how many times I see the movie, I can never believe just how effective that little scare is. I think the lady's face has a lot to do with it.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2002, 06:14:39 PM »

Movies with gray aliens with the large black eyes. I live kind of in the woods, so similar to Squishy and i love turd, I get creeped out taking out the trash or something because it's always people who live in the woods that get kidnapped by aliens. Even cheesy movies with bad puppets like Fire In The Sky or Communion creep me out...not right away, later at home, late at night.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2002, 06:20:28 PM »

Scenes with people getting mushed...

Demon Seed, Maximum Overdrive, and even the absymal remake of 13 Ghosts all feature crushing scenes that give me the willies.  There's one in Krull as well.

Let's not forget the ending to Universal's The Raven either.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2002, 06:29:34 PM »

There's one in Krull as well.

*****  Yeah, but you could see that one coming...  Well, HE could at least.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2002, 09:49:36 PM »

Chadzilla wrote:
>
> Scenes with people getting mushed...
>

Somewhat related, I had a problem with the "sticky bomb" scene from SAVING PRIVATE RYAN.  The guy runs up to the tank with the lit bomb and fails to get away in time.  The resulting explosion just liquifies the guy.  That disturbed the hell out of me the first time I saw it.

I don't really get creeped out by much anymore.  Cockroaches movies can be bad.  Mostly because I had an German cockroach infestation a while back.  Those are the big ones, like two inches long.  Meeting those in the kitchen late at night is. . . unpleasant.  Watcing a movie just reminds me of that.

Also, movies with quick, brutal deaths that show the fragility of the human body.  Think of the "Piggy" scene from LORD OF THE FLIES.  I guess the RYAN example from above fits, too.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
i love turd
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2002, 02:36:35 PM »

oh geesh... Deliverance.....
ahaha
i didn't see that movie til i was about 20 yrs old
ahahah
being a girl it didn't mess with me THAT bad...
but actually KNOWING people like the "bad guys" in that movie...
(well knowing people who might do stuff like that to "city folk")
that's what bothered me....

i know way way way too many people who play "dueling banjos"
ahahhahaha

that movie cracked me up more than anything
growing up in the "hills" in Tenn. will put a different perspective on things for ya

(i had shoes and electricity, so i was doing good)
aahahahahahahahahahahahah

okay i need food before my brain goes to mush any further....
eeep!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sheeeesh! That movie gives me the creeps!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.