Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:24:18 AM
714258 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7737 Members
Latest Member: NannieHime
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Jamie Lee Does Halloween 8 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jamie Lee Does Halloween 8  (Read 6155 times)
Squishy
« on: May 11, 2001, 06:52:14 AM »

It's official: Jamie Lee Curtis will star in the next "Halloween," and it will start where the last one leaves off. The article:

Curtis To Star in New 'Halloween'
NEW YORK (AP) - Jamie Lee Curtis has signed on to star in another ``Halloween'' film.

Shooting will start Monday in Vancouver, Canada, according to Nightfall Productions. Dimension Films will distribute the movie worldwide.

The untitled film, which will be directed by Rick Rosenthal, takes up where 1998's ``Halloween: H20'' left off. It will be the eighth in the series.

Curtis, the daughter of actor Tony Curtis (``Some Like it Hot'') and actress Janet Leigh (``Psycho''), has starred in ``True Lies,'' ``A Fish Called Wanda,'' and ``Trading Places,'' as well as three prior ``Halloween'' films. The first ``Halloween'' movie, starring Curtis and directed by John Carpenter, was released in 1978.

The 42-year-old actress says ``the realities are that as you get older, there's a point where you quickly become a caricature of yourself. I have to be careful to get out before I become the grotesque caricature of a hatchet-faced woman with big knockers.''

Her latest film is ``The Tailor of Panama,'' which co-stars Pierce Brosnan and Geoffrey Rush.
Fritz
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2001, 07:04:20 AM »

Halloween 8 : The quest for the head !!

Didn't Micheal Myers really die in the last film?
Squishy
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2001, 08:22:40 AM »

Well, he's broken his neck, and been blown up and burned and stabbed and shot repeatedly. Just having his eyes shot out in that preposterous finale of "Halloween II"--that's excellent marksmanship for a seriously wounded, terrified girl with little/no experience with shooting and substantial blood loss in an unstable firing position--should've finished him off, as the brain would've been destroyed and blown out the back of his skull. The totality of his wounds have caused more loss of flesh and blood than the bodies of three full-sized men could account for. I don't see how being decapitated is such a big deal at this point...Of course, they could go the "Jason" route and have him change bodies.

...C'mon, Rick Rosenthal is directing. Check the man's track record. It's doomed. Ooooh, maybe this one will have DMX.
Reed Rothchild
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2001, 05:01:24 AM »

How bloody ridiculous is this?She's got to be doing this for the money.H20 was a good, not great finale to all those poor sequels.Micheal Myers was a guy that was perfect for all the tired old slasher movies of the 80's.Not exactly for modern audiences,is he?Just let the poor sod rest!
Abby
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2001, 12:50:40 PM »

Heretic.

I'd take an 80's slasher flick over a 'modern' self-aware piece of crud any day.

I'm not down on this. They've been trying to legally force her into this film for a year (source: Halloween Movies.com). If Jamie wouldn't appear, they were going to kill her character and give her a cameo.  

That would have defeated every reason why she agreed to make H20 (and it's just a lame thing to do -- like killing Newt in Aliens 3). Halloween 8 would have come out no matter what.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2001, 09:43:09 PM »

Yes, it's true.  The real demonic force keeping Micheal Myers alive is. . . desperate movie producers.
Squishy
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2001, 10:00:01 PM »

I would rather have them kill off her character--and let the series crash and burn--rather than see it limp along slowly puking itself to death until even the original is treated as a bad joke. It's not like I'm going to watch any more of them, anyway...
Fritz
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2001, 07:28:06 AM »

For a real slasher movie,check out The Burning. It puts all the modern slasher movies to shame.
Scott
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2001, 08:45:04 AM »

"Producers keeping Micheal Myers alive" that was funny. I've only watched the first two HALLOWEEN films.
Reed Rothchild
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2001, 02:47:17 PM »

Heretic?Jeez,mellow out.
        C'mon , almost all those slasher flicks in the 80's were s**te.The best were the original Halloween and Friday the 13th part one,the rest just copied the formula for a quick buck.Gimme an unusual ,supernatural or thought provoking horror movie any time.
      Oh,I agree that these modern self referential horror films are mostly bloody awful.
Col. Steve Austin
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2001, 03:55:05 AM »

I f**king love Jamie Lee and she will be the only reason I will watch this loser s**theap.
Squishy wrote:
>
> It's official: Jamie Lee Curtis will star in the next
> "Halloween," and it will start where the last one leaves off.
> The article:
>
> Curtis To Star in New 'Halloween'
> NEW YORK (AP) - Jamie Lee Curtis has signed on to star in
> another ``Halloween'' film.
>
> Shooting will start Monday in Vancouver, Canada, according to
> Nightfall Productions. Dimension Films will distribute the
> movie worldwide.
>
> The untitled film, which will be directed by Rick Rosenthal,
> takes up where 1998's ``Halloween: H20'' left off. It will be
> the eighth in the series.
>
> Curtis, the daughter of actor Tony Curtis (``Some Like it
> Hot'') and actress Janet Leigh (``Psycho''), has starred in
> ``True Lies,'' ``A Fish Called Wanda,'' and ``Trading
> Places,'' as well as three prior ``Halloween'' films. The
> first ``Halloween'' movie, starring Curtis and directed by
> John Carpenter, was released in 1978.
>
> The 42-year-old actress says ``the realities are that as you
> get older, there's a point where you quickly become a
> caricature of yourself. I have to be careful to get out
> before I become the grotesque caricature of a hatchet-faced
> woman with big knockers.''
>
> Her latest film is ``The Tailor of Panama,'' which co-stars
> Pierce Brosnan and Geoffrey Rush.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Jamie Lee Does Halloween 8 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.