Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:47:19 PM
714348 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Viewing Preferences - Home « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Viewing Preferences - Home  (Read 3994 times)
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2002, 02:20:35 PM »

My prefs.

Usually at night.  After 10 pm, sometimes till as late as 3 am on the weekends.

> Snack Food

Chips, pickles, cheese, and bread and butter (yep, that's my bread and butter).

> Drink

Soda, juice or milk.

> Seating

The small couch, pulled up close to the TV for a "big" screen effect.

> Lighting

Lights off.

> People

I'm the only night owl, so it's usually with the head phones.  If I watch earlier in the evening it's with the wife, though she usually crashes by 10 pm at the latest.  With little kids in bed, we rarely have friends over for a movie.  Usually it's for dinner and they're gone by 8-ish.

> Food

Pizza is good.  Leftover chinese is good.
Scottie
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2002, 09:14:42 PM »

I have spent the last 2 years rebuilding my room from scratch, making it less of A room, and more MY room. In doing so, I've turned every speaker in the house into MY speakers, giving them a new home in my room wherever I can find room for them, and hooking them up to the reciever I spent 6 month's pay to get. My TV however has not recieved the same luxuries as most everything else I own regarding my bad movies. It's a 1980's, UHF antennae only, no remote, dial tuner TV complete with simulated wood panel siding to boot. With my movie requirements in mind, the rest of my room has fallen around it.

-Snack: Light, usually just some chewy granola bars. Yeah, I'm a wussy eater. When I have friends over, it's potato chips with French Onion dip and a dozen donuts.

-Drink: Water. Again with the wussiness. Friends require something stronger though, usually soda. We make it a point not to drink alcohol when we watch movies.

-Seating: Upright on my bed. Almost nothing more comfortable than your bed, right? Friends put me downstairs, where it's either the floor, or the sofa.

-Lighting: One light from a spider lamp across my room. Being in total darkness is somewhat of a sleep-inducer to me, no matter what the movie is. This is especially dangerous when I'm watching a movie for the first time, and I don't know if it's going to be exciting or not. Though the occurance is rare, I hate falling asleep during a movie.

-People: Usually by myself, alone, holed up in my room. I've gotten used to the solitude as opposed to any sized group, because at the rate at which I watch movies, I would be crazy to expect people to be available at a moment's notice to watch movies.

-Food: Not a common occurance. I am lazy, and I don't cook well. It would be in your best interest not to eat whatever food I make for you.

-Time: Setting a designated time to watch movie is hard to do. School work can be real sporadic at times, and the right kind of movie for my mood I sometimes don't own. Times for watching movies can range from after dinner, to right when I get home from school, to ten minutes after I wake up on the weekends, to 3:00 am on a school night.

-Philosophy: I give all movies a fair chance, meaning they all have to earn their good rating. Movies start with the same standard expectations, and through the course of its running time, that is where the movie is judged. Movies like Citizen Cane whose reputation is four times greater than its actual quality are why a movie's grading stays within the boundaries of the time it begins and the time when it ends.

I think I've got a pretty good system down for watching movies. Although I spend the majority of my time watching movies alone, I find it much more entertaining when I watch with people. My usual group of 6 or so bad movie aficionados and I have become experts in the field of 'movie feeling,' meaning we can guess if a movie is going to to turn out to be halfway decent, and know when to shut our mouths and pay attention.

-Scott*
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2002, 11:56:09 PM »

Food: I love eating wings, Wild wings (yep tha means super hot) and ranch dressing. It is my favorite movie food.
*****  A kindred spirit!  I have bought my own Hidden Valley with me when going to bars where I knew I'd be ordering wings.  Why it ever got started that you have to put blue cheese on hot wings is beyond me.  Blech.  
*****  Regarding your friend, maybe it's a defense mechanism when he gets scared.  I'd advise not sitting between him and the aisle.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Viewing Preferences - Home « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.