Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:37:28 AM
714329 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  High Strung (1991) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: High Strung (1991)  (Read 3004 times)
Brock
« on: May 11, 2001, 10:36:09 PM »

Don't know for sure if this movie is bad or not, but I need to find a copy of it, and I figure you guys are the people to ask when it comes to out of print movies.  Any leads I where I can find a copy of "High Strung" other than EBay?
Jay
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2001, 01:03:32 AM »

Are you talking about the movie with the guy from Steve Oedekerk and Jim Carrey? I've seen it in afew video stores and actually rented it years ago. Just get it off ebay if noone else around you has it.
Skaboi18
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2001, 08:31:36 PM »

Is this the one where Jim Carrey is death?
Doesn't a guy just sit around the whole film??? Can't quite remember
Jay
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2001, 12:58:45 AM »

Basically, but it did have afew funny moments. But it's not worth hunting around everywhere for.
Adam Bomb
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2001, 03:51:07 AM »

I caught this unusual independent film on video about 6-7 years ago when it was re-released to capitalize on Jim Carrey's movie success after "Ace Ventura" and "The Mask".  Its a pretty tough one to find these days, but I'd recommend renting it (if you can find it) over spending big bucks on ebay to be on the safe side, unless you're a die-hard fan of comedian Steve Oedekerk. Oedekerk stars as a cynical and depressed kids writer who spends his day stressing about how much he hates life, and only finds more to be worried about when he gets eerie taunts from someone who he believes is Death (Jim Carrey). There really isn't a whole lot to the film aside from Oedekerks repeated whining to the camera, but Carrey (in a small role) does enlivens things up in a hysterically funny, yet short role as the charismatic Death. I personally find Oedekerk to be a talented comedian (I'd love to see SteveOedekerk.Com again sometime, which was a quirky and imaginative set of skits) and I found some of his rantings in this movie to be very funny. He does tend get a little irritating and the film drags in places, but I found myself liking this looney guy somewhat more as the movie progresses and the Death idea works in the film perfectly and it builds the story up. This isn't a terrible film and there was a good share of amusing moments throughout, but I wouldn't recommend spending hard earned dollars on it.
Be sure to also look out for a very young Kirsten Dunst (Interview with the Vampire) as the little girl that Oedekerk visions in his nightmare.

Adam Bomb
Adam Bomb
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2001, 03:54:17 AM »

I forgot to post it Brock to the review, but I'll try and keep a look out for this movie if I can find anywhere to get it aside from ebay.

Adam Bomb
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  High Strung (1991) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.