Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:37:35 AM
713399 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Douglas Adams « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Douglas Adams  (Read 3390 times)
Squishy
« on: May 12, 2001, 10:41:07 AM »

Douglas Adams, author of "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" and many more fine pieces of humor-lit, passed away at the age of 49.

So long.
And thanks for all the fish.
Andrew
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2001, 10:46:45 AM »

You beat me to it Squishy, by about 5 minutes.

Here is the BBC News story.

Man, today sucks already.  I'm tempted to get back in bed and not come out until tomorrow.

Andrew
Flangepart
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2001, 12:34:47 PM »

Man.....a strange and funny mind goes to sleep. And only 49. You was robbed, Douglas. Ah, well, such is life. At least we still have Terry Pratchett. I wonder how many people confused one for the other? The way with words they had was similar enough to explain that. Well, ya gotta admit, 49 beats 42!                                      Life...Don't talk to me about life. I've got this terriable pain in all the diodes down my left side....."fetch Bebblebrox " they say, and off he goes......
Mofo Rising
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2001, 09:35:27 PM »

Terrible news.  Another fine comedic mind done in by natural causes.  Maybe they could get Marvin the Paranoid Android to do the eulogy.  Just to remind everybody how much worse things could be.

If anybody has read the Hitchhiker Trilogy yet, what the hell is wrong with you?  Also, has anybody read the Dirk Gently novels?
Flangepart
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2001, 11:24:43 AM »

I heard the Dirk Gently books on tape, read by Simon Jomes and the Author his own self. Great read by Douglas and Arther Dent.  Recomended,old boy.
Stupid Jacob
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2001, 06:25:42 PM »

man. that sucks. he was brilliant.  the hitchhiker's guide is one of the finest pieces of sci-fi.
Andrew
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2001, 07:25:42 PM »

Funny enough, just two days before his death an asteroid was named after Arthur Dent.

http://www.newscientist.com/dailynews/news.jsp?id=ns9999730

Now, in the spirit of Mr. Adams, how much do you want to bet that this sucker is going to end up on a collision course with Earth?

Andrew
Flangepart
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2001, 11:54:19 AM »

And it'll probebly land on a small dog sitting on a Cricket goal in west Herfordshire during a council meeting about the new Bypass they've named after Ford Prefect.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Douglas Adams « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.