Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:22:18 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Off Topic - Paintball « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Off Topic - Paintball  (Read 1093 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: November 17, 2002, 11:26:20 AM »

Played paintball yesterday in the rain and cold, which was probably not the brightest thing (I was almost over a case of the flu).  Today I am a little under the weather.

I have to tell you, it was rough for me.  I always seem to use a type of paintball gun that nobody else does.  For the longest time it was my trusty VM-68 EXC, now I use an Automag (with some improvements).  Yesterday, out of probably 60 people, mine was the only Automag.  Spyder's (and clones) galore, several autocockers, three angels (egad), and any number of other guns.  It made me very sad.

The first couple of games were on a wooded field.  It had a stream running along the tape (boundary) on one side.  With Cpl Kubie and two of the younger kids (10-13), we beat back the enemy advance there and turned their flank.  It became a rout at that point.  I quickly decided that the stream was my friend.  If you were willing to get wet you could get down into it and move along; it was dead space that the bunkers uphill could not cover.

The other team quickly got the idea and put four guys to defend the stream during our last game on that field.  Four other Marines at that.  Again I had Kubie and two younger lads with me.  We took out one of the bad guys and ran another off, but the final two were dug in like ticks in their bunker (pile of logs in and next to the stream).  Kubie and the others gave me cover, I charged, the defenders died.  One guy was pretty upset with me - he tried to return fire, but I was running and shooting.  He got stitched royally.

After a few games they changed the teams around and suddenly I found myself with the best gun on my team, while the other team had a number of electronics.  Kubie and I did our best, and we usually got at least two of them for each of us, but when the other team is spraying that much paint...the outcome is nearly a given.  Most of the time I use about 200 - 300 balls per game.  One of the guys with an angel never shot less than 800 balls.  Do not get me wrong, my gun will throw paint fast, but I do not do so unless I think I can get someone.  Simply raining paint on the other team is not my thing.  I really like games where you are limited to just a hopper (200) and maybe one reloader (100-150) of balls.  Those are fun.

Long story, but thought any other paintball players might be interested.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Perk
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2002, 11:55:39 AM »

I remember the second time I played paintball.  It was last summer and we were in my friends backyard (The place was a forest).  Well during our last game we were playing everyman for themselves and I was using my Traccer (decent gun at the time).  My friend has a Shocker and in this game someone gave my position away when I was trying to creep up on him.  So out of nowhere I heard paintballs flying all around me ( My friends strategy is just to rain paint all around and sooner or later he'll hit something).  So I do the only thing I could I ran as fast as I could away from him while shooting.

I failed to remember that there was a creek ahead of me and with that creek there was a six or seven foot drop.  When I got to the cliff I was running at full speed and still shooting so I didn't see it until the last second.  So I did the only thing I could I leapt off the cliff, over the creek, onto a little island, while still shooting.  Then I hit the ground HARD.  I broke my hopper (which everyone affectionatel called Gaygreen because it was super neon green) and lost all my balls in the creek.  My gun was thrown from my hand and into the creek.  And I bounced upon impact and I laid there for a few minutes having had the wind stolen from me. Took me a few days to get everything in the gun cleaned out.  But it wound up working for a whole year until this summer when my bolt snapped off inside the barrel in a quickfire game we were playing.  :< .  To this day everytime we play paintball someone brings up my Superman impression.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2002, 12:08:58 PM »

Used to have one of these myself.  I am sorry that I sold off most of my old paintball guns, like the Trracer and my  Sheridan KP2.  One of the reasons I have refused to sell my VM-68 EXC - nostalgia.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Off Topic - Paintball « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.