Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:52:56 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Movie Ever Shown On MST3K « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Worst Movie Ever Shown On MST3K  (Read 9264 times)
John
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2002, 10:33:50 PM »

What was the movie they were watching in the episode where for several minutes, they kept making fun of the hero's name by making up other silly sounding names? It went something like, "Rock Chestwell", "Beef Hunkthrob". "Max Buttcrunch".
wheresthecarrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2002, 10:43:39 PM »

I would like to add "Mitchell!"  

Also.....They did "Jack Frost????"  like, Shannon Elizabeth killer snowman Jack Frost?  I never knew that....that's like my favorite bad movie of all time!  I must check it out.

"Anybody want a peanut?"
Scottie
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2002, 11:10:26 PM »

A movie that has ZERO PLOT. THERE IS NOTHING to compare the DESOLATENESS of watching a movie about NOTHING. The Starfighters melted me down to the core of my being, and asked me why I watch bad movies, when I run the chance of seeing something like itself. I responded with the only words I could muster before finally collapsing in a heap of amorphic gloop "For the recognization of evil. To hell I cast theeeee..."

Scott*
Scottie
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2002, 11:29:16 PM »

The episode you're thinking of is called Space Mutiny. I personally adore both the movie and the Mst3k episode. It has become one of those cherished episodes where everything they say is right on the nose. Every comment, every remark are all perfectly in line with the silliness of the movie. Even the host segments are outstanding, something that is very precious on that show. Often the host segments, while still being funny, aren't as good as the actual movie they're watching. In Space Mutiny, segments like the 'hyerwarp escape pods' dogfight with quotes like "Eat crunchy, munchy, chocolately covered cocoa death, Crow." and my personal favorite "Enjoy a nice helping of Brown Betty, served with death, bu-but mostly eat death." Space Mutiny belongs in the annals of Mystery Science Theater 3000 best episodes list.

And here's what's even better. Ever since I found an original copy of the damn movie, I have wore down the tape from watching it so many times. Any time I feel down or sad, I go watch Space Mutiny and cheer myself up with a high pitched "Whoo!!" or a flipping acrobatic railing kill. Watching that movie is like taking two pills of Prozac followed by eating a pound of candy and then listening to super fast techno music for an hour. There's nothing quite like it, let me tell you.

-Scott*
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2002, 11:53:52 PM »

I have had the pleasure of finding several tapes of this while on bad movie hunts.  They make exceptional gifts for some friends.  The whole thing is supposedly set inside of a spaceship, but they are obviously inside a factory (you can even see the factory-style windows in the background).  There is the magically resurrected control room woman, death by cane, the awful dance club scene, and more stock footage from "Battlestar Galactica" than you can shake two sticks at.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Goon
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2002, 12:52:25 AM »

A friend and I bothed noticed not only the resurected control woman back at her station, but also a nerdy extra who got thrown over a railing present at the dance seen.  Space babes and stuff from spencers gifts, the movie has it all.
---ooo-'U'-ooo---Kilroy was here.
Goon
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2002, 01:02:34 AM »

Ah, my favorite bad movie and an episode that's comming out on dvd.  So slow, yet the actresses feel compelled to stick their heads in its mouth.  A humble observation: Me thinks the director was planning to feed the woman in the gold lame pants to the carpet monster but either A) wussed out or B) kept the footage for himself.  It raises the questiong, "Do rugs from outer space have dietry preferences?"
         One of the worst (and funniest) movies I've ever seen, on or off MST3K.
----ooo-'U'-ooo-----Kilroy was here.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2002, 01:39:25 AM »

That would be something, but the Jack Frost they did was an absolutely insane Russo-Finnish children's movie featuring a guy with a bear's head, characters named Father Mushroom and Hunchback Fairy, a living pig sled, and more.

In fact, add all the Russo-Finnish children's movies they did to my list. At their best, those things matched Drunken Wu-Tang in terms of giddy insanity, and gave Joel, Mike, and the Bots even more to work with than the old educational shorts.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Scottie
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2002, 03:07:44 AM »

If anyone ever has the chance to see the un-Mstied version of this movie, and saw the Mst3k episode first, this is something I believe would clear up some issues regarding the Balarians (Valarians?) and their seemingly random insertion into the movie from the Mst3k episode. **(Spoilers warning)This is the point where I must warn those who have seen the episode, and think it's a piece of crap, and that the Balarians had no point whatsoever. You have thusly been warned.**

Believe it or not, watching the original movie was more fun than watching the episode, and it made much more sense. One thing I've noticed a lot of people making comments about are the Spencer's Gifts glo-balls and the dancing space women. While I agree that I wouldn't normally expect to find orphans of space to be wearing what they did, but hey, give the movie a break. Some scenes that were cut from the Mst3k version of the movie were vital regarding the significance of the Balarians aboard the Southern Sun. From what I interpreted, the Balarians were an all-powerful group of beings who had control of fate over whomever they wanted. The fate usually was that of a death, and their 'Spencer glo-balls' were their means of executing people's fate. One scene that was cut from the Mst3k version was, as Kalgan was about to be hit by the "speeding" floor polisher, they showed a finger of one of the Balarians slowly getting closer to one of the glo-balls. An instant before Kalgan is hit by the "speeding" floor polisher, the Balarian's finger comes in contact of the globe (complete with the line of plasma going up to the finger), and Kalgan is then hit, resulting in a massive explosion from the tremendous amount of gas the little floor polisher was obviously tanking around the space ship. Anyways, what the movie tried to have regarding a subplot was edited out for time by Mst3k. The omnipotence of the Balarian race was shown (weakly) when the "high priestess" came to the Captain of the ship and "showed" (thought very loudly to) him what to do, and who was responsible for the sabotage on the ship.

**(end spoilers)** I hope if you read this, that it makes sense. It definitely shows the problems involved when editing a movie for time must be done. Enjoy.

-Scottie*
Pokethulhu
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2002, 10:38:14 AM »

That would be "Space Mutiny".

Ranking quite high on my list of MST3K favorites, too.
Flangepart

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2002, 11:47:01 AM »

And of corse, two words: Railing kills!
Oh...God i miss that show.......
Ah,well...there's always "Roll yer own". BTW, i've done my 16th home made misty. "Phantom from space." Am i a masochist or what? "Creature from the haunted sea" was less painfull!....kinda....sorta.....

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Goon
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2002, 02:54:40 PM »

Their's this special stuff one can edit out without detracting from the plot or sub-plots of the movie, It's called "Filler".  Of coarse, some movies have it in great quantities (see:  my personal favorite), and some movies don't.  The worst cases for this aren't MST3K, but when a movies is broadcast on a channel with commercials.  Their's also cases where vital bit are diced out of the movie and filler is left in before the movie is releases (see: "Dungeons & Dragons").  All rather confusing really.
----ooo-'U'-ooo----Kilroy was here.
Musukogoji
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2002, 05:37:51 AM »

The worst, most godawful movie MST3K's shown hands down is "The Castle of Fu Manchu." You don't know atrocious until you've seen this picture.
JohnL

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2002, 06:02:11 AM »

>The episode you're thinking of is called Space Mutiny. I

Thanks for IDing it.

(BTW, I'm the one who's been posting under the name John, but tonight it tells me that another user registered that name)
MST3KAMALA
New Visitor

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2002, 06:25:26 PM »

I'll definitely have to check that movie out then, sounds like something killer. Some of the episodes where they show sci-fi movies are the best!

I'm Tired!
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Movie Ever Shown On MST3K « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.