Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:18:55 PM
714319 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bride of the Re-Animator « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bride of the Re-Animator  (Read 3070 times)
Mofo Rising
« on: May 13, 2001, 04:41:19 PM »

Overall, I thought it was pretty disappointing.

Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood, but BRIDE OF THE RE-ANIMATOR never really came across for me.  It seems that instead of making a new movie, all the people involved just riffed off the original.  Fine when it works (EVIL DEAD II), terrible when it doesn't (LETHAL WEAPON IV).  It just didn't seem to have the energy to do much of anything.  It also took way to long to get going.

The one thing I did like about it were the spliced body parts.  Sadly, their appearances are few and far between.  But what a great idea for a horror movie.  What could be more terrifying than a mass of misplaced limbs lurching towards you?  Think of a thing that lives underneath a cemetary, using body parts as its corporeal presence, although it doesn't discriminate as to where they go.  Hack it up with an axe?  No problem!  Let me go get more some more arms and eyeballs.

Oddly enough, the DVD of BRIDE gives you the option of full-frame or widescreen, although the widescreen is just two black bars placed on top of the full-frame, actually obscuring some of the picture.  The point?  I don't know.  Also, the sound is simply terrible.  I had to turn up my TV almost full volume just to understand what the actors were saying.  One last thing, it comes with both the R-rated and unrated versions.

I give it two slimes.  It wasn't terrible, and I probably would have enjoyed it more had I never seen the original.
Scott
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2001, 06:38:27 PM »

Well, my problem is that I can't find the original RE-ANIMATOR and I don't want to see BRIDE OF THE RE-ANIMATOR until I see the original. Hollywood Video is carring BRIDE OF THE RE-ANIMATOR and I have been tempted to pick it up, thanks for the warning Mofo. I'll see both eventually, because they sound interesting.
Andrew
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2001, 07:44:58 PM »

I thought that Anchor Bay had said they would do another release of "Re-Animator" this year, probably after the summer.  I cannot find a darn blurb about it after looking over their website though.

Andrew
StatCat
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2001, 06:04:19 PM »

I recently bought the image dvd of the original re-animator for $25 at borders. I was very surprised to see it because it is Out of print. The dvd is very good and is loaded with allot of extras.  

A few people I know from newsgroups also informed me about how Re-animator is nowhere to be found on the anchor bay site. If your familar with a movie called Zombi 3 (by Bruno Matalli and Lucio Fulci, sequel to zombie in a sort of way) anchor bay was suppose to release it but they found out someone else owned the rights to it and had to drop it, hope this isn't the same faith for Re-animator.
Gerry
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2001, 06:15:41 PM »

The Independent Film Channel (IFC) just played reanimator a couple of weeks ago.  They may play it again, so watch the listings (or go the their web site and run a search for title).  I taped it, but haven't had time to watch it yet.

http://www.ifctv.com
Andrew
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2001, 07:23:03 PM »

Hmmm, I think that Anchor Bay would have made an announcement about not being able to release it.  Maybe I'm mixing up DVD producers though...

Andrew
Vermin Boy
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2001, 09:53:52 PM »

Yep, the Elite DVD is back in print; I saw two copies at Record Town today. I would have gotten one, but I was already getting the 5-disc Godzilla collection (Only $25!) and Best in Show. These Elite guys have been good to us lately-- First they rereleased their Night of the Living Dead DVD, now this...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bride of the Re-Animator « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.