Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:24:57 AM
713398 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Declaration « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: A Declaration  (Read 4194 times)
John
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2002, 11:14:14 PM »

>WAIT A MINUTE!!! The 90s gave us.......well.......uh.......

Terminator II
Jurassic Park
Candyman
Scottie
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2002, 11:31:58 PM »

I HATE THE 80's WITH A PASSION ONLY MATCHED BY MY HATRED FOR HYPOCRITES!!!!

THE 80's MUST DIE!!!!

-Scott*

"Anything which is anti-80's is my new favorite thing"
AndyC
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2002, 09:48:50 AM »

Exactly what I was thinking. The movie industry has become more exclusive. In the 80s, you could go to the theatre and see the likes of Eliminators, for example. If it were made today, you'd probably find a single copy of it sitting in your local Blockbuster, to be noticed only by genre fans and the extremely curious. It probably wouldn't be made as well, either - crappy CGI and all.

I think by the 80s, technology had begun to make it easier to make a halfway decent independent film, and there were quite a few out there. But the industry was changing by that time. By the late 80s, a lot of that stuff was getting very limited release, if it went to theatres at all. Today, I don't think it's possible for a would-be filmmaker  to go on his own and get much recognition or success. Perhaps if it's art films, but not if he's only out to entertain.
Funk, E
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2002, 05:30:20 PM »

I think the 20's were the best movie making era. Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin, Fritz Lang, Those were the days ;-)
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2002, 05:37:52 PM »

<>

Could Sam Raimi or Peter Jackson make it today? Hell no! I think the elimination of theatrical releases for B movies coincides with the death of the drive-in, and also of privately-run theaters. Schlock films could turn a buck with releases primarily in Southern theaters or something, whereas now almost all theaters belong to chains and only run big Hollywood films. That sucks.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2002, 05:42:20 PM »

The problem is that (I think) Reagan reversed the ruling from the 30s or 40s that the studios couldn't own theater chains. Now that they own the playing field, they get to standardize the theaters and keep any threats to the system out. Something definitely needs to be done about this.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2002, 02:39:27 AM »

>Today, I don't think it's possible for a would-be filmmaker to go on his own and
>get much recognition or success.

Three words: Blair Witch Project

Whether you like it or not, the movie was a success made by a handful of people for a shoestring budget that wouldn't pay the catering bill on a Hollywood film.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Declaration « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.