Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:41:01 PM
714339 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Holliday Films « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Holliday Films  (Read 6419 times)
ErikJ
Bad Movie Lover

« on: December 02, 2002, 09:30:17 PM »

Now with the hollidays on us, is there any films or TV specials that you're looking forward to?
I'm looking forward to pulling out my very worn copy of Opus & Bills: A Wish for Wings that Work. How can you not love a show that has a neurotic kiwi and cross-dressing cockroaches.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be
entertaining.

J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2002, 09:38:09 PM »

I was just reminiscing about Opus and Bill comics, but couldn't remember the name. Thanks!

One of my favorites is my VHS of The Muppet Christmas Carol. It's actually a bit scary in places. And how can you not like the old hecklers from the balcony as the Marleys? And the ghost of Christmas yet to come sure looks an awful lot like a Ringwraith.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Chris K.
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2002, 11:13:22 PM »

I am a sucker for IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE. How can you beat James Stewart, he's so good in the film and gives, dare I say it, his BEST PERFORMANCE EVER.

I also have to put HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS! in the list. Now the Ron Howard crap-a-thon, the original Chuck Jones 26 minute cartoon witn Boris Karloff as the host. Again, how can you turn down Chuck Jones and Boris Karloff-two talented men who can make a little animated TV film into a classic after all these years!
Nemo2342
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2002, 11:20:35 PM »

The Muppet Christmas Carol is one of my all-time favorites as well. It's out on DVD now too, if you want to replace that worn out VHS.

I tried watching the old "Frosty the Snowman" cartoons the other day, and they were just hilariously bad. I kept going, "Now why is that little girl wearing a miniskirt in the dead of winter?" "Why is there a greenhouse there?" "The little girl is hitching a ride on a train? I'd like to see them get away with making this cartoon in this day and age."
wheresthecarrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2002, 02:01:13 AM »

Grinch
the claymation Rudolph
every year, my local bank has the same cute kittens playing under the same tree for a commercial....i love it

also....the Jack Frost/Silent Night Deadly Night double headder we always do!

PUNISH!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Anybody want a peanut?"
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2002, 08:13:40 AM »

Agreed. I saw the Grinch on TV last night, and it really is the best. How can you beat a combination of Dr. Seuss, Chuck Jones, and Boris Karloff?

Personally, I always dig out the MST3K with the Mexican Santa Claus, where Santa lives on a cloud in outer space and fights the Devil. Poorly translated insanity + Christmas spirit + Mike & the Bots = good times!

Also, I'll have to find my copy of "Dr. Demento's Greatest Christmas Novelty CD of All Time" and put it into circulation in my car.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
ahab
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2002, 09:34:11 AM »

There are only 3 "christmas" movies that i will watch. A Christmas Story, I try and catch it every time its on and i laugh harder each time. The narrartor is so funny. The original Grinch is a must. The Nightmare Before Christmas is another must for me at Christmas time. Im not a real big fan of schmaltzy Christmas movies. I've never seen It's a Wonderful Life or Miracle on 34th st and don't intend to.

Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart.
AndyC
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2002, 09:54:27 AM »

For me, it will probably be It's a Wonderful Life, the 1951 Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim, and Christmas Vacation. Those are the ones I generally always watch.

I think I might also treat Lori to the Mexican Santa Claus. Last year, she really enjoyed Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

Anybody think I should try subjecting her to the Star Wars Holiday Special? I'm tempted, but also wary of what an intensely painful video it is.
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2002, 11:03:17 AM »

Agreed. I saw the Grinch on TV last night

So did I, and for the first time I reflected that an awful lot of the facial expressions of the Grinch looked a lot like Tom from "Tom and Jerry"

Personally, I always dig out the MST3K with the Mexican Santa Claus,

That reminds me...my local vid store has "Santa Claus Conquers The Martians" and I've been threatening to let the kids see it this year.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2002, 11:07:07 AM »

The only holiday movie I really like is SCROOGED.

I do have a fondness for MR. MAGOO'S CHRISTMAS CAROL and the theme song to THE GRINCH though.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
wheresthecarrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2002, 11:33:34 AM »

Charlie Brown....you know t the end where you get the meaning of christmas message and all, and in the background "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" is being hummed but kida like, "Loo, Loo Loo, LooLoo Loo...." my mom calls it "the Loo Loo song" and makes us join hands in a circle and my whole extended family all sing it to my grandma in florida......

I love Christmas.....anyone else have and odd traditions?

"Anybody want a peanut?"
raj
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2002, 12:47:26 PM »

Definitely the Grinch (tho didn't it seem a bit short last night?  Is the Cartoon network chopping a few seconds here and there, to squeeze in another commercial?) and Charlie Brown and Rudolph.  I never took to the other shows, such as Frosty, not sure why.  I also watch the George C. Scott edition of A Christmas Carol.  I can't stand Dickens, but Scott's performance is just so damn good.

I think I've got Santa Claus v. the Martians on tape somewhere. The first time I saw it, as a kid, I knew it was gloriously bad.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2002, 01:13:36 PM »

Actually,  my favorite Christmas film is The Christmas That Almost Wasn't But Then Was.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2002, 01:23:16 PM »

Well, the have to watch it every year ones are

A Christmas Story - It makes me laugh so hard I cry and then I just cry when The Old Man (aka KOLCHAK) points out the hidden gift.  Never has a father and son moment ever grabbed my heart as tight as when he coaches his kid on loading that dang BB gun.  And he DID almost put his eye out!  :D

A Charlie Brown Christmas - Every year I get the urge to find the sorriest excuse for a tree and give it a home. :D

How the Grinch Stole Christmas - You just can't beat Seuss, Jones, and Karloff working together.  A brilliant holiday movie.

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer - Bumbles bounce!!!

Frosty the Snowman - My all time favorite Christmas cartoon.  I know one poster kills it with logic, but to me it simply tells a story using Kid's Logic (Why are the in school on Christmas Eve?  BECAUSE.  Works for me.)

The Year Without Santa Claus - "I'm Mr. Green Christmas, I'm Mr. Sun!"

Maybe I'll sit through it this year.

Prancer - Kid takes in a reindeer.  Sam Elliot is a hoot as the grizzled and frazzled widower Dad.

Miracle on 34th Street - The original, of course.

It's A Wonderful Life - My wife and I were once subjected to endless repeats of this movie.  As great as it is, I've been burned out on it for years but, for the first time in twelve years, the idea of watching it doesn't make it wince.

A Christmas Carol - With Alaister Sim, of course

OR

Scrooge - With Albert Finney

And for the Bad Movie Binge (thus scratching two itches at once)

Santa Claus, The Movie - "CHRISTMAS 2!!!!"

Silent Night, Deadly Night - "You see Santa coming, you'd better run!"  Now, is it me, or does Psycho Grandpa look like Dr. Freex?

Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2 - "GARBAGE DAY!!!"

Silent Night, Deadly Night Parts 3 -5

Scrooged

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Fearless Freep

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2002, 02:07:12 PM »

It makes me laugh so hard I cry and then I just cry when The Old Man points out the hidden gift

Which always amused me because the hidden gift was not visible from where the guy said he saw it.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Holliday Films « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.