Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:30:25 AM
713337 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Head-Poppin Goodness! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Head-Poppin Goodness!  (Read 27587 times)
Mighty Atomic Pikachu
« on: February 15, 2001, 07:59:00 AM »

Pikaaaaa!
^on.no^

Thanx for the new board, Andrew!

Okay, first subject of mine: Exploding heads. Besides SCANNERS, there are plenty of films where people's heads Xplo-o-ODE!

Come on, I'm sure you can think of a couple...

-MAP
Will
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2001, 09:58:16 AM »

Does it count if they're laser exploded?  If so, I like "Chopping Mall."
Nathan
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2001, 11:34:43 AM »

Oddly enough, I just rewatched Dawn of the Dead the other night.  You just gotta watch the "shotgunned head" effect in slo-mo.

A couple of heads also explode in Blade, thanks to that anti-hemoglobin stuff.

Nathan
Brian Ringler
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2001, 12:27:51 PM »

I addition to the shotgun head effect in dawn I like the one done in maniac especially since its tom himself getting his head blown up.
Zombie Keeper
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2001, 02:40:21 PM »

Night of the Living Dead 1990 - The censored footage of several popping heads are terrific.

Zombie Keeper
http://www.zombiekeeper.com/
Zombie Keeper
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2001, 02:41:28 PM »

Dawn of the Dead, early in the movie when the SWAT team is in the apartment complex.

Zombie Keeper
http://www.zombiekeeper.com/
Scott avis
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2001, 02:53:35 PM »

There's a good ole head poppin' in Story of Riki-Oh!
Gerry
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2001, 03:38:55 PM »

Does head-crunching goodness count?  Like in Alien Resurrection, when the Alien hybrid chomps on Brad Dourif's head?

Terminator 2, when Arnold blows a hole in Robert Patrick's head, or does that not count because it just liquid metal?

Where do you draw the line here?

Gerry
Squishy
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2001, 04:22:35 PM »

Don't forget "Thunder" blowing himself up (complete with bugging eyeballs and steam spewing out of his ears) in "Big Trouble in Little China." He doesn't detonate onscreen and it's a full-body blow, but the graphic head deformation should count...

Also unshown: the live-action (and utterly, utterly awful) version of "Fist of the North Star) has a guy who is forced to keep his head tightly strapped together after Kenshiro zaps him. The strap eventually comes undone, but he squirts offscreen. The anime, of course, is full of poppin' fresh juicy goodness in color.

"Hannibal" doesn't have exploding human heads, but does display, in detail, their insides.
Abby
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2001, 05:42:40 PM »

It's so obvious, but: Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Fishbulb
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2001, 07:06:58 PM »

I recall in the beginning of 'The Doom Generation' a Asian man loses his head, which later starts to talk and puke some green @!#$.
peter johnson
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2001, 08:27:44 PM »

The Fly!! The Fly!!  Geena Davis takes the shotgun to Brindlefly with a spraying-spam effect & Gothic music.  Easily my favorite exploding head --
Phantom 187
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2001, 08:52:22 PM »

In "Doll Man" the gun he uses can blow a shotgun size wound in a human but you should see what it can do to the other bad guys on his planet. The shots in this movie are funny especially since you hear only 3 gun blasts being fired but the scene itself seems to have several more explosions.

Also "Street trash" has a good scene that is on this site.

Merry Poppins,
Phantom 187
BadTaste_nz
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2001, 11:06:33 PM »

You all are forgetting one major head poppin scene:

Total Recal, when the bad dude gets sucked out into mars and his eyes and head swell until the burst!! YAY

http://badtaste.iscool.net
Squishy
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2001, 02:31:12 AM »

Also, a guy gets his head shoved into a trash compactor in "Intruder." Yuuuuck.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Head-Poppin Goodness! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.