Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:41:19 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Comedy of Terrors « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Comedy of Terrors  (Read 2989 times)
Gerry
« on: May 15, 2001, 01:21:13 PM »

I just watched this comedy/horror film.  I recorded it off of AMC a few weeks ago.  It was really good!  It was directed by Jacques Tourneur (Curse of the Demon, Cat People) and starred Vincent Price, Peter Lorre, Boris Karloff, and Basil Rathbone.  How's that for a great cast?!?  Boris Karloff was really funny.  I didn't know he could do comedy that well.

Basically the plot is this:  Vincent Price has married into partnership with Boris Karloff in an undertaker's business.  Things are slow and the landlord (Basil Rathbone) is threatening to evict them for not paying their rent.  So Price and Peter Lorre (as the browbeaten lackey) go out to drum up a little business by killing a few of the local townsfolk.  Unfortunately things don't go quite as well as they'd hoped.

Very cool movie.  I had never seen it before, but I was definitely the poorer for it.  I'm always thrilled to discover a gem like this one.  Try and catch it when it's on next time or buy it on VHS (unfortunately no DVD available).  I just checked Amazon and they have it for $12 bucks.
Andrew
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2001, 05:57:19 PM »

I've introduced a number of people to this one.  When Vincent is drunk and singing (well, sort of) and he starts going on about rapping on a baby with a hammer I start laughing every time.  The cat was a pretty darn good actor too...

"What place is this?"

Andrew
Gerry
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2001, 11:16:08 AM »

I almost forgot about rapping on the baby with a hammer.  That was hilarious!  And the way Basil Rathbone kept coming back to life.  Perfect!  I've got to watch this one again soon.
Scott
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2001, 06:40:20 PM »

That sounds like a good one, hopefully AMC will show COMEDY OF TERRORS again. THEATER OF BLOOD has become one of my favorite Vincent Price films.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2001, 04:14:47 PM »

The special thing about "Comedy of Terrors" is, that though the four actors named--often worked together (1939's "Tower of London" w/ Rathbone, Price, and Karloff), (1962's "Tales of Terror" w/ Rathbone, Price, and Lorre), and (1963's "The Raven" w/ Price, Lorre, and Karloff)--this is the only time that the same four actors appeared together in the same film. And let us not forget that Joe. E. Brown--he of the big mouth--also appears in this film. Enjoy
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Comedy of Terrors « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.